have to have surgery

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 09:13 PM
destiny hope's Avatar Veteran
I am so stressed out Dr thinks it would be best if I had my spleen removed because he feels it would help my blood disorder. I need to get all my shots again before like flu,pneumonia , meningitis, mumps ect. Before hand which I got two yesterday. I am concerned about recovery time and scared that even though I don't need my spleen it is a big portion of my immune system. Alex is getting so big so fast he is already 17 and a half lbs and i hope I can still pick him up after my surgery. Just worried and venting
January 15th, 2013, 09:18 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope everything goes well and you have a very quick recovery. When do you have to have the surgery? I ill definitely keep you in my thoughts and prayers! KUP

January 15th, 2013, 09:22 PM
destiny hope's Avatar Veteran
I have to meet with the surgeon next week thanks Michelle
January 15th, 2013, 09:42 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Sending thoughts and prayers your way

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

January 15th, 2013, 10:22 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh goodness, your in my thoughts and prayers and I hope you have a very speedy recovery! KUp after your doctor appt!

January 16th, 2013, 01:00 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck, i hope evrything goes well!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 16th, 2013, 04:56 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hope it is a quick easy recovery for you!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2013, 05:19 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm so sorry, Lindsey! You've been through so much lately. I hope the surgery has a quick recovery and really improves your disorder. After my c-section, the general rule was not to lift anything heavier than 10-ish lbs (or the baby) for the first week. They wanted to make sure the incision had healing time so you wouldn't rip the stitches or staples and re-open the incision. I was healed and lifting my 2 year old (who is 35lbs) about 5 days post surgery, not that I'd recommend going against dr's advice, I just listen to my body and i knew I was healed and it didn't hurt to lift him then. I can't imagine that a spleen removal would be any more invasive than a c-section, so hopefully it won't be much time at all that you're not allowed to lift Alex. Just have your SO step up and take care of you in your recovery time. You can always get comfortable on the couch or the bed, etc, and have your SO bring Alex to you so you can still hold and love him, just not lift him. Be sure to bring up all of your concerns with the surgeon. Please keep us updated on it all!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search