can't live without...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2013, 10:39 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I know we did a thread similar to this a while back but now that babies are a bit older and weve all used more things for them now,

what baby item(s) cant you live without? (not including the basics like a crib and carseat and what not.)

For the BTDT moms, is there something you find yourself using now that you didnt use with previous kiddos or vis versa?

January 15th, 2013, 10:59 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what baby item(s) cant you live without? The crazy thing is that Kyah doesn't use her baby stuff very often. She prefers to be held and entertained. She will not stay in any of her stuff (swing, exersaucer, jumperoo, etc) for longer than 10 minutes tops, and that is pushing it. So, honestly I don't think there is anything we couldn't do without! I really hope as she gets older she will become more tolerant of all of the things we have bought for her. If she doesn't then we wasted a lot of money!

For the BTDT moms, is there something you find yourself using now that you didnt use with previous kiddos or vice versa? I breastfed my oldest dd and never had a boppy or a nursing cover. I love them both. The main reason is that I do not expose my breasts other than in the privacy of my own bedrooom. My kids are older and it would make them uncomfortable for me to just pop my breast out in front of them every time I needed to feed Kyah. I know it is a natural process, but I do not want them to feel awkward or embarrassed. So, the boppy and nursing cover work well when we are in the living room watching a movie and such. And as far as feeding Kyah in our vehicle or in public; if it weren't for the nursing cover I would be fighting with a baby blanket trying to stay covered while I feed her.

All of my kids loved their swing. Not Kyah! She just wants to be held and she wants body to body contact constantly. It is exhausting but I don't mind. She kills my back almost daily walking around with her (she is HEAVY!)! But, she is my baby, and she won't be a baby for long These months/weeks/days are precious and I want to cherish them. Trust me, babies get big very fast when you look back on it. Every moment is special. So, yes, I am the Mommy who always has her baby basically attached to her at all times, lol. We wake up together, bathe together, go everywhere together, sleep together...you name it!

January 16th, 2013, 02:15 AM
Mega Super Mommy
what baby item(s) cant you live without? (not including the basics like a crib and carseat and what not.)
Swing in the beginning - we used to use it multiple times a day and sometimes was the only way i got sleep. He doesnt use it much now though
Highchair- weve been using it since xmas multiple times a day. He likes to sit in it and play, watch tv or watch us cook or do dishes. Its definitely freed up more time. Its sp nice because it has six heights and three reclines
His plastic tub - now that hes splashing more webe been putting it in the bathtub instead of the table and it kills my back. I have a bad back so some things are tough and thats definitely one of them but the plastic tub has made it easier

Something not used hardly at all was his bouncy seat

January 16th, 2013, 05:13 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hmmm, what I can't live w/o. I'm gonna say the rock n play, I never had anything like that with the older kids and I have used it every day since he came home.

I also never had a bumbo before and i snagged one for cheap (with a tray) and really love it, we are kind of short on chairs at the moment, so our space saver high chair has no where to go, the bumbo is acting as our high chair till we get another chair.

I got rid of things like the swing after both my other kids hated it, so I can't think of anything that didn't get a ton of use this time around.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2013, 05:28 AM
Super Mommy
We love the infant to toddler rocker, and the Johnny jump that goes in the door frame, but only likes it if its on the door going outside. He loves sitting in it watching his sisters play in the yard. One of the biggest life savers have been the mobile that attaches to his carrier seat. Now car rides are easy breezy.
Image Detail for - Fisher Price Infant to Toddler Rocker | Cradle Swing Heaven
http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...mb=wXNLDEklEvD

Last edited by Stepp_Ann; January 16th, 2013 at 05:32 AM.
January 16th, 2013, 05:41 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
There are three main things for Bailey, as well as the boys, that we've found we LOVE and can't live without.

1-Boppy. I love it for nursing, for her to lay in with her head propped up, and now for her to sit with a little assistance. Mine has been through three other kids, so it's not as full as it once was, but that's kinda good because that means it's providing minimal assistance to B with her sitting.

2-Swing. All of my kids have loved it. It's calming and I can put them in it, turn it on, and get some other things done. It's been a lifesaver for naps and sleeping when they've been congested and need to sleep more upright.

3-Bumbo-Amazing! None of mine have been much for tummy time and have all preferred to sit up and look around. This has allowed them to do that much more. It's great for those first feedings, too. Not sure if it's related to them sitting in a bumbo or not, but all my boys were sitting up by themselves between 4-5months, and B is now sitting up by herself for short periods of time, too! She will most likely be sitting completely unassisted in another week or two!

I also have liked the exersaucer, but not all of the kids have been a fan. One boy loved it and would stay in there forever, one tolerated it and played for short periods of time, and the other was moody about it. He would like it at times and others scream his head off if I tried to put him in it. But, three rough boys have ruined ours, so I am about to buy a used one from our consignment shop here. The ones they have are in excellent condition. We'll see how much B likes it.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 16th, 2013, 01:37 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
1. the swing ~ it is amazing lol, its our go to for Matthew when hes fussy. he will only nap in his swing to or carseat but only if were moving lol.

2. the boppy ~ dito with the boppy! My back would be killing me if I didnt have it. the first time I nursed him in the hospital I didnt have it and it was horrible!

Matthew likes his exersaucer and bumbo seat but wont stay in them very long. and I'm waiting for my jumper thing that goes in the door to try out! hopefully he will like it!

January 16th, 2013, 06:56 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We couldn't live without our Rock n Play! He slept in it for 6 weeks at night and now we use it during the day for him to hang out in, watch TV, play with his toys, etc. He will take a nap in it once in a while. If we are going anywhere, like family or friend's houses, we bring it with us.

I didn't think we would need a Bumbo so I never registered for it. Then at one point Remy started showing the urge to sit up like a big boy, so I went out and bought one. We even started calling him "Bumbo Boy" before we even owned one, LOL! We say "You wanna Bumbo?" when he's fussing to sit up! It's become a verb, adjective, and noun in our household. Pretty hilarious.

We love our MamaRoo, but I wouldn't say it's the answer to everything. Seeing how pricey it is I just don't think it's worth it. Next time I would prefer a swing, I think.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search