Diapers, Wipes and Pails OH MY!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires
  • 1 Post By Stepp_Ann
  • 1 Post By alicenwonderland
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 2 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By 3Sapphires

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 16th, 2013, 01:44 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We all have them and gotta use them with our little ones!

What brands or types do you love and which ones do you hate!

January 16th, 2013, 01:52 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I've been using all in 2's cloth diapers "alva baby" exclusively now for almost 2 months - love them!!!

I just last week made cloth wipes, I just up a few receiving blankets, to wet them, I filled a squirt bottle with 1 squirt baby oil, one squirt baby soap, one pump vitamin e lotion, fill with water and shake.

my pail I keep next to the toilet, it is small, but has a removable liner, holds about 12 diapers, I carry the whole liner to the washing machine and then rinse it, and use it to add extra water to the machine. it was $15 at walmart
jojo2bee likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 16th, 2013, 02:11 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use AI2 cloth diapers as well. The Flips by bumgenious and LOVE them! there amazing!

for newborn we had the tiny g pants and they were ok. never had a poop leake but the top front would always get soaked from his pee and of course leak onto his clothes and we had to change him so many times during the day! I'm going to try fitteds and covers for the next baby for newborn diapers (either make my own or I'll purchase kissaluvs fitteds)

I also use cloth wipes which are just baby washcloths and I just wet them with regular water

I have a small trash can with a flip top lid as my pail, and 2 liners. works great and I can hold like2-3 days worth of diapers in there.

as for sposies....

I like the pampers swaddlers, thats what they had in the hospital for him and I found them very aborbant and like the its wet line lol.

We had bought a bag of huggies pure and natural or whatever and wasent the biggest fan of them.

we had also used a few the parents choice and Matthew got bad diaper rash that was a PAIN to get rid of.

wipes, we like the huggies natural care. we carry them in his diaper bag for clean ups and on the go wipes (untill I figure out something that works to carry the cloth wipes)

I DO NOT like the parent s choice wipes! we got a case of them as a gift at my baby shower and didnt want to waste them of course, I still had an unopened bag of them on the bottom of his changing table lol

and pampers sensitive were ok, i thought they were to 'sticky' feeling

and havent had a sposie diaper pail so nothing there!

January 16th, 2013, 02:12 PM
Super Mommy
Very happy with Luvs diapers and prefer Huggie wipes. Although at the moment I'm using up the pampers wipes I got at my shower.
jojo2bee likes this.
January 16th, 2013, 03:02 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
We like Target wipes best. I like the little bumpies for getting the poo off. Not sure what my favorite diaper would be, but we use Luvs because they are cheap, and are pretty happy with them.
jojo2bee likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 03:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Love pampers swaddlers for diapers. All weve used other than luvs and he go a rash while using those.

I love huggies natural care and thick wipes. Hate parents choice wipes.

We use the arm and hammer diaper pail because it was a gift
And i like it lots

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

January 16th, 2013, 04:40 PM
Super Mommy
Ill have to try the target brand wipes. I am all about saving money.
January 16th, 2013, 06:45 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We've been using Target brand diapers - I didn't care for them at Newborn size, but size 1 and 2 have been great. I did like the Pampers line telling when they're wet but he pees SO MUCH now that it's so easy to tell when he needs to be changed haha. I prefer the Pampers Baby Fresh wipes because they smell so deliciously baby like and I feel like unscented wipes don't "freshen" him up enough! We don't give him a bath more than once a week because it really dries him out so I like to wipe him down with something that smells nice. And no diaper pail here. Might have to consider one when he gets older and his poops are smellier!
jojo2bee likes this.

January 16th, 2013, 10:44 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I use Kawaii pocket diapers with bamboo inserts. I absolutely love them. They fit great and I have never had any issues. I ordered most of mine online before Kyah was born and got them very cheap by winning bids on Ebay. I have saved a ton of money using these diapers. They came with micro fiber inserts. I am not a big fan of those inserts. They are no where near absorbent as the bamboo inserts.

I like the Huggies Thick n Clean wipes for in the diaper bag when we go places. Cloth wipes for home which I made myself.

We sometimes use disposables when we go out places such as shopping trips or appointments. I use Luvs and I like them. They are not super expensive and they have never leaked through or caused any rashes for Kyah. Plus, they smell good I rarely have to buy them because one pack lasts forever since we rarely use them! The same goes for the disposable wipes.

My "diaper pail" is actually a medium sized blue plastic basket. I don't fill it with anything (such as a solution). I do line it with a disposable plastic bag each time. It works for us and I have never had any issues with odors. I do wash Kyah's cloth diapers every other day though.

I am also all for saving money. To be completely honest here is what I have spent to diaper my baby girl:

(20) cloth pocket diapers: $60
(20) bamboo inserts: $40
(40) micro fiber inserts: FREE included with diapers
Total: $100

These diapers will last all the way up to potty training and will still have lots of use left in them even then. To diaper a baby for that price up to potty training is amazing to me! I don't know why in the world I didn't cloth diaper my older kids! Geesh, I would have saved a ton of money!!
3Sapphires and jojo2bee like this.

Last edited by Blessed Mommy Of 5; January 16th, 2013 at 11:38 PM.
January 17th, 2013, 04:35 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
michele, that is the exact thing I thought too. I spent $80 for all of my diapers and charcoal/bamboo inserts - though i need to get a few more, I only have 16 diapers. and these will last till he is potty trained and if I care for them I can use them for another one or sell them! you can't beat that!
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 17th, 2013, 09:58 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Pampers Swaddlers are my favorite diaper for Jordan. I wasn't a fan of the BRU brand, but I've already made a vow to NEVER use huggies again! Too many times they didn't work.

No preference for wipes, though I just bought a huge pack of Parents Choice and now I'm nervous to use them! We've had pampers and huggies before and love them.

For diaper pail, we bought the cheapy BRU brand one and it works amazingly well. We also have arm and hammer deodorizers for it.

January 17th, 2013, 10:50 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmm, you are making me wqnt to try cloth diapers. I'm just not sure if I could keep up with the laundry as i already have so much. Do they last overnight, or do you use a disposable? I cloth diapered my first ds because he was allergic to disposables and they were always leaking onto his clothes. But he is 12 and I'm sure the ones you buy now are better.

Right now i am using Luvs diapers and Pampers unscented wipes. No diaper pail, they go right into the trash can.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 17th, 2013, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have moved to pampers cruisers. I love them they are just like the swaddledlers only the allow for some extra wigglyness which he is doing now with rolling and starting to sit on his own . As for wipes I like the pampers sensitive. We are using a diaper geinie which I like just fine!

January 17th, 2013, 05:03 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We love the pampers swaddlers best but Huggies and Luvs are ok too. I really like the thickness of huggies wipes but we got tons of pampers wipes at our shower so we are using those too. I dislike the parent's choice but will use them if given to me Our diapers go straight into the trash...no diaper pail.

January 17th, 2013, 10:14 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl77 View Post
Hmm, you are making me wqnt to try cloth diapers. I'm just not sure if I could keep up with the laundry as i already have so much. Do they last overnight, or do you use a disposable? I cloth diapered my first ds because he was allergic to disposables and they were always leaking onto his clothes. But he is 12 and I'm sure the ones you buy now are better.

Right now i am using Luvs diapers and Pampers unscented wipes. No diaper pail, they go right into the trash can.
Abbie, I used to do disposables at night before I got the bamboo inserts. The microfiber inserts just would not absorb everything. With the bamboo inserts we have no trouble getting through the night. I know a few ladies who double the inserts for night time for extra protection against leaks.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search