Fevers scare me

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 18th, 2013, 02:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Mason has a fever of 101.4. I called the dr and thry said to alternate between tylenol and motrinevery few hours. The nurse didny say much more than that other than if it doesnt go away by tomorrow to call back. Isnt it dangerous for babies to have a fever? Any other thoughts on how to break the fever
Pr anything else? I have no clue why he even has one. Prayers or thoughts would be appreciated as well. Thank you

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

January 18th, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Poor baby I will be praying for him! My doc suggests tylenol and a luke warm bath not cold. It can help to reduce their fever and make them more comfortable. Also don't wrap him up because he can overheat even more. Keep him close and snuggle him! I hope he feels better soon!

January 18th, 2013, 02:17 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
a luke warm bath for high fevers - but I don't think 101 is considered high.

mine have all spiked 103-104 fevers when teething - scared the crap out of me, but other than motrin and a several cool baths, there isn't much to do.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 18th, 2013, 02:28 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I hope he feels better soon! Maybe he is coming down with a cold or teething? Remeber a fever is the body's way of fighting off infection, so it is a good thing even if it scares us mommies!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 18th, 2013, 02:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much ladies. You all make me feel way better. I appreciate it. I think im overreacting some with this whole fever thing. Im a little nervous because how sick ive been but thats been since monday. I do wonder if it maybe is teething beginning. He was pulling at his gums weird earlier. Ill definitely keep an eye on him for that or a cold starting. Thank you all

January 18th, 2013, 03:15 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
When Elliott had his 2 month vaccines, he ran a fever of 101.7. I thought it was high, and almost called his doc. He eventually slept it off though and the fever broke. A couple weeks later he went to the doc to get checked out and she asked how he did with his vaccines. I told her about his fever, and her comment was, "Oh, that's good that he only ran a low grade fever!"

So I guess it is considered low grade for babies. I think of it this way: 100.4 is the highest a normal temp could be for a baby. So 101.5 would be like ours of 99.7 if 98.6 is normal. Yeah, it is up, but nothing crazy. Of course, if the baby got up to 104 or 105 I don't think that would equal our 102 and the doc should be called. But if it's only a degree above I monitor it and give extra snuggles. I try not to give too much medication. He made it through all vaccines so far without.

Hope he feels better though, keep an eye on it! Maybe he is teething! Have you felt anything on his gums?

* I am not doc though, and I am a first time mom so I am going off of instinct only, not facts that I have researched! Just so everyone knows!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

January 18th, 2013, 09:20 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh I'm sorry Stefani! It's no fun having a baby with a fever! Matthew will just spike a fever out of no where sometimes but if it stays then I treat it. when he was sick this last time he was getting a fever of about 100.9 ish and I called his doc because he was showing other symptoms and she saidjust tylenol, if it gets worse or he does then o either call if they were open or go to the er, thankfully tylenol did the trick! He did get a fever today to but I'm figuring it to be from his vaccines so I just gave him some tylenol (he was real fussy to)

anyways after I tell you a story lol I would just keep an eye on his temp and goive the tylenol/motrin like his ped said, if it gets worse or he does (more symptoms like throwing up, diarrhea etc.) then call the doc again. also another thing you can do is just let him hang out in a onesie or just a diaper if you want, I know Matthew likes that when hes had a fever.

I'm so sorry again and I'll keep you all in my thoughts and prayers that he will get all better real soon!

January 18th, 2013, 09:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies i appreciate it. His fever has been jumping around like crazy and now is over 102. I just rubbed him down again with luke warm water and we have been givng the tylenol and did one dose of motrin. I am really hoping it goes away soon. Im worried and want him to feel better. Thank u fo all your advice, experience and support.

January 18th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fevers in babies scare me too. Sounds like it could be related to teething. I hope baby Mason loses the fever very soon! I am praying for him. KUP

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search