Depression??? (OT)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 3 Post By TKbunny
  • 1 Post By Mountain~Mama
  • 6 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By hopesNdreams
  • 1 Post By aubers68
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By acchickpea

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2013, 09:13 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yesterday a friend of mine had a psychic party, not really sure that's a proper name for it, but that's what she was calling it. She had a lady come and do readings for everyone. I went first.

She told me a lot of stuff I felt was hitting the nail on the head. And she told me a few things I wasn't really sure about. She was saying she felt that I was depressed. I have not felt unhappy or depressed really at all lately. Maybe a little about my weight, but what she was saying wasn't related to my weight but just depression in general. I kind of shrugged it off because I enjoyed the rest of the reading. She told me a lot of positive things, I was sort of shocked by some of the things I was told. Then this morning I wake up feeling completely different. Almost like a completely different person. What I would guess is "depressed". Very under the weather, very blue. I don't want to be like this! And I hope I'm not "allowing" depression to sink in because someone told me I am depressed. I'm not really sure why I've come here other then to just get it out. It's really odd to me and I don't know how to take it all in. I don't want to even move. And if it weren't for Summer, I'd still be in bed.

January 21st, 2013, 09:23 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I'm not sure exactly what to say, but I just want you to know that we're all here for you. Perhaps since the psychic was "right on" with several things she said, it's really gotten into your subconscious that you could be depressed. I just hope that the day gets better for you and you're back to your old self soon.

aubers68 likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
January 21st, 2013, 09:42 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Ditto what Adrienne said. I think the power of suggestion is very over whelming at times. While you were sleeping your mind was working on that and now you feel off. Try not to let it bother you. Keep in mind that when she said that, YOU were saying to your self that she was wrong on that part of it.

And honestly, any good reader will tell you they are NEVER 100% right. Plus she could have been picking up on someone else or someone close to you, not you.

Don't let someone else tell you how you feel. You are the only one in charge of that. Do something fun today. Watch your fave movie, go on a walk, try something new with Summer, anything you don't normally do. Doing fun and new things always makes feel fresh and happy.

We're here to help and listen, but don't take too much stock on what the lady said. She doesn't know you, she can only tell you what she feels she is seeing. We love you, and we will always be here for you.

January 21st, 2013, 09:56 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Hope this feeling passes for you.
aubers68 likes this.
January 21st, 2013, 11:03 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I just PMd you about this, I didn't know you'd posted about it on the board xxx

Speaking as a reader, I would question the integrity of any reader who deals "doom and gloom" for a start. Most readers will categorically not predict anything negative to this extent.

Maybe she did hit a few other things on the head, but that doesn't mean her whole reading is correct. Even FAMOUS psychics will come out and say they are human, they are not perfect, they have off-days, they make duff predictions. I've had a few things that have never come true in my own readings. Like everyone, readers are susceptible to error from the very point of being human.

Another thing to consider is this. Psychics read by picking up on your energy or your thoughts. I'm assuming since this was a psychic party there were lots of other people in the room. This leaves the psychic open to picking up something that might actually be for somebody else. Also, because psychics look into your aura and mind, the power of suggestion does come into play somewhat. It seems to me that you were fine before, and it is she that has put the concept of depression in your head.

I really am disgusted if she came out and told you that you're depressed but not any positives to go with it - what you can do about it, for example, or when you can expect it to get better. For me, a good reader is one who is sensitive, positive and compassionate - inspires joy, hope, excitement and anticipation - not fear and doubt.

You seemed to me to be your happy bubbly self on the board before this honey. Honestly I think she has sowed a seed of doubt in your head that didn't need to be there.

One positive thought outweighs a negative thought a hundred times over. I would suggest you affirm positive things for a few days - I am happy. I am whole. I am fulfilled. I am joyful. I am lucky. I would also suggest that you write a list of all the things you're grateful for, everything that makes you happy, and read it over when you feel down.

It honestly doesn't sound like regular depression that creeps up on you, BUT if you keep feeling like that, please please keep talking to us, talk to your DH and your mom and make sure you have plenty of support. Sending much love xxx

January 21st, 2013, 11:12 AM
hopesNdreams's Avatar Proud BF'ing Mama!!!
I agree she can totally have picked it up from someone else..and since she said it you have it in the back of your mind doubting..you know yourself better then anyone..snap out of the funk and stay positive..count your blessings and smile..hugs
aubers68 likes this.

January 21st, 2013, 01:23 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Don't have much to add, but just hope this was an off day and you're back to normal tomorrow. The subconscious is very powerful, and I love the idea of positive affirmations.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 21st, 2013, 01:25 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thank you ladies. As the day goes by I keep reminding myself of all the things to be happy and positive about. It's actually helping! I think that y'all are right. It's my subconscious messing with me. I sort of feel silly about it, that wave of emotions taking over. Just so odd.
afwifey09 likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 02:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Don't feel silly at all! The power of suggestion is very powerful.

I hope you're having a better day today!
aubers68 likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 07:25 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's good that you come on here and let it out... It really helps instead of keeping it all in and having all of the feelings build up... Keep on thinking of all of the positives!
....hugs.....
aubers68 likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search