Baby food

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Angelamomtomany
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee
  • 3 Post By 3Sapphires

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2013, 08:05 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have started giving Kyah baby food. She takes about an ounce twice a day. She loves it and opens her mouth wide for each bite! I have been using the pre-made baby food. I don't have a baby bullet although I may buy one. For now I was wondering is there a way to make any home made baby foods without a baby bullet??

January 22nd, 2013, 09:42 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am thinking you could probably boil or steam veggies then mash them to a pulp and add water or something but that is just a guess. I haven't researched it at all. I was thinking it would be pretty cool to make my own baby food but I hear it is just as expensive as buying it.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

January 22nd, 2013, 09:51 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It depends on the food how I mush it. Banana and avocado I just smush it and thin it with breast milk. Everything else I puree with a submersible blender.
3Sapphires likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 10:17 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
You can use any food processor or go the old fashion way and mush it with a fork.

I have the baby bullet and baby bullet steamer and I love them. It maked the whole process faster and eaiser in my opinion. The baby bullet steamer cooks it and you just push a button and it beeps when its done, so easy lol. Plus the baby bullet comes with the little jars to put food in and you can put the date you made you made it on to its so nifty lol.

So far it has been cheaper to make the food myself. Its going to take awhile for the baby bullet to payits self off money wise but for me it had already with what it can do lol. But yes its way ccheaper to make it plus you knoe its fresh snd healthy snd exactly whats in it.

Anywho im not trying to sell the baby bullet or anything I just love it and think its a great product lol
amazing_love likes this.

January 22nd, 2013, 11:45 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
just cook whatever and then use a blender or food processor potato masher, whatever.

I use my stick blender. I fully believe the "baby bullet" is a gimmick to make parents think they have to have one.

just portion into an ice cube tray and freeze, then you can defrost however many cubes you want.

it is a lot cheaper to make you own baby food writerchick!

I made 2 full ice cude trays of sweet potatoes for about $1.50
2 trays of butternut squash for $1.80
a tray of bananas for 0.77 cents - that would be about $10 worth of jarred food.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 22nd, 2013, 12:52 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just mash mine with a fork. If it's too thick i would add a little breastmilk or formula.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 22nd, 2013, 03:58 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! Our blender didn't make the move to the new house apparently, I can't find it anywhere. I do have a handheld mixer and plenty of forks

JoLina, I am considering getting a baby bullet. I like the organization it gives How much did you pay for yours?

January 23rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blessed Mommy Of 5 View Post
JoLina, I am considering getting a baby bullet. I like the organization it gives How much did you pay for yours?
I got mine at babies r us and it was like $50 or $60 the the steamer was $30 an I also got the acessory pack (just another tray of the date dial lids and storage cups) and that was like $20.

I'm pretty sure you can use it with the % coupons (I didnt though, and I should of lol i was impatient lol) plus you can also get it at kohls, bed bath and beyond and target, so with coupons you can probaly get it cheaper. I just love the thing to, It really is very organized
oh and I'm not sure if you can get the steamer anywhere else, I havent seen it but babis r us does have it

January 24th, 2013, 08:29 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just a recommendation, I would look into getting the Magic Bullet instead so you can use it for much longer than you're making baby food. It does the same things and you can look on Amazon for storage containers that serve the same purpose as the Baby Bullet's. Or just use ice cube trays like Ami said!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search