A Day In The Charmed Life Of Sharron and Michaela *pic heavy*

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree33Likes
  • 13 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 3 Post By aubers68
  • 3 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 2 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By NICURNmommy
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 1 Post By 3littlepiggies
  • 1 Post By magz88
  • 1 Post By K.A.T
  • 1 Post By 1fabulousfem

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 01:35 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
7:30am - I wake up. I get up to use the loo and brush my teeth before Michaela wakes up as it might be my only chance for some time - some days I don't get this luxury lol. I snuggle back in with Shaun who is still asleep from the night shift for a bit.

8:00am - Michaela wakes up crying and sounding very snotty. I take her downstairs, change her bum and into fresh clothes, put Olbas oil on the new babygro and warm some milk for her. Shaun has left me a note to say she was up from midnight to about 5am! I know at this point, continuing from yesterday, this will be a fussy sicky day and I'm unlikely to get much done.

8:15am - My mum has got Daniel ready for school. He gives Michaela snuggles and kisses before he leaves for school. As I'm taking a picture, I realise the camera is low on battery - how typical?! So when he has gone, I put the camera battery on to charge while we have breakfast.

8:30am - Michaela doesn't eat much of her milk and is promptly sick on my PJs. We nip upstairs while I put sloppy clothes on (no point wearing something nice on a sicky day) then I put her in her bouncer with her toy bar where she plays happily and watches her favourite TV shows for half an hour while I get my breakfast - coffee, cereal biscuits and a banana.

8:45am - While eating my breakfast I put my computer on and check out work that needs doing today. I do a bit of mod work on JM first, quickly check my boards and respond to urgent things and PMs, and look for messages on my FB page. I already know I have a reading that needs doing - my first paid reading since maternity leave.

9:10am - Michaela's favourite programme "Numtums" has finished so I transfer her to her playnest with some more interesting toys. The camera battery has charged, so I put that back together and take a picture.

9:30am - We need to go round to the local shops as I need to get one of my "nephews" a birthday card. My "sister" lives in Scotland and since the weather is up and down and here in the UK that tends to mean things coming to a standstill I don't want to take chances with the post. It's icy and Mum reports from the school run that it's freezing cold today, so I get myself and Michaela bundled up.

All ready to go!

9:45am - Michaela promptly falls asleep in her buggy! Sometimes she loves to look at everything but today the fresh air knocks her out for some much-needed rest after her unsettled night.

This is the way we walk to the shops. This is where I have to put in all my concentration not to fall on my butt on the ice.

I pick out a card, buy a couple of scratchcards and some sandwiches on reduced price for lunch. Here are the shops.

I see two magpies on the way home - magpies are ALWAYS a sign for me and it's two for joy. This is very reassuring after a bit of an up and down week. Then another magpie turns up - three for a girl. That's sort of worrying considering I really don't want to be pregnant again! I try to take a picture but you can't actually see the magpies in it, never mind.

Here's the view down my street.

And our house.

Michaela continues her nap briefly, so I go into the garden. I have been trying to make an ice wreath in a bit of a magickal experiment based on Pinterest ideas lol, as I want to write about them on my blog. Somehow, however, despite it being super icy, the blooming water in the jelly mould hasn't frozen! Here's our garden.

10:15am (ish) - I come back in and put my moo slippers on having had the foresight to stick them on the radiator before going out. I love my moo slippers.

I just about have time to make up some bottles of formula.

10:30am - Right on cue, before I get chance to sit down, guess who wakes up? I change her bum again and pop her on her tummy for a minute or two while her milk warms.

10:45am - Mum takes a picture of us while she's having her milk.

11:15am (ish) - Michaela plays in her playnest since she didn't get much of a chance before. The playnest and bouncer by the way sit right in front of my chair in the daytime, so I can reach her and play with her while multitasking. Yup, I know, it's the lazy way! I finally get chance to eat my lunch. Not especially healthy. Sadly halfway through my lunch Michaela makes her poo face and I have to break off and change her lol. Isn't it always the way?

12noon - Michaela is looking and sounding tired and it's time for "Iconicles", another favourite programme of hers. So I snuggle her in her bouncer to watch and doze.

While finishing my lunch I look at my FB feed and then while finishing off my cup of tea I post the angel message of the day and create and post a picture inspiration on my FB page.

12:30pm - Michaela hasn't really had a proper sleep and has woken up again. I put out a blanket for her with some different toys, she especially likes her VTech ball. I take pictures, but a little later I realise my camera memory is almost full! I knew there wasn't much room left but thought there was enough for this! You couldn't make it up! Sadly, these pictures appear to be lost and I assume it's something to do with this.

1pm - She is quite narky and not all that interested in playing though she does do an interesting 3-point turn around the blanket on her back. She has another bottle and actually takes more of it without being sick. We wrap her back up for a sleep and she goes properly this time. I do my scratchcards. Win my money back. Better than not winning at all!

1:45pm - I write out the birthday card and envelope and an envelope for a sensory profile I was asked to fill out for Daniel at his appointment on Monday. Whoever does the school run posts any letters of the day because they pass the postbox - this will be Mum's job today.

2pm - I finally sit down to do the reading. Excuse my scruffiness. This is how it is on a fussy day!

2:45pm (ish) - I have to plug my camera in and clear a load of photos and video clips in order to make room for the rest of my DITLO! I briefly get time to go and have some cuddles with Shaun who only woke up late and is having a well deserved chill out in the bedroom, and take him a cup of coffee and get one for myself.

3:15pm - As Mum is on school runs today, I sit with Michaela who's still asleep and finally get to do some posting on JM.

3:45pm - Captain Chaos is home! The first thing he does is change into his PJs.

He has brought home a link for a Maths game themed around aeroplanes (he's crazy about aeroplanes) so I set that up for him on the computer and he happily plays.

4.15pm - I decide I'd better sort out my dinner while Michaela is still sleeping (catching flies).

It's a leftovers and help yourself sort of day because there's leftover chilli and curry, and ham and salad close to their use by date that need eating. I start sorting out ham and egg salad for myself. While the eggs boil, I try to interact with Daniel on his aeroplane game. He tells me to go away lol (in the nicest possible way, he really wasn't meaning to be cheeky).

4:30pm (ish) - Of course, Michaela wakes up. Luckily, big brother to the rescue - he is quite happy for her to sit by him and watch him play while he chats to her.

Can you see his toy stash in the background here? lol.

4:45pm - Dinner time for Mummy. This and OJ is my concession to healthy eating today.

Mum changes Michaela and warms her milk ready. She takes her to Daniel for a cuddle. This is too sweet (click to play).

5pm - Michaela's all ready for her dinner.

She has a healthy amount of milk this time and keeps it in, so I make her up some banana cereal and she yums it up.

She can hold her water bottle all by herself!

6pm - A bit more of a play. She looks fed up because she wants cuddles from Daddy but Daddy is busy getting his dinner and jobseeking. She has her Daddy cuddles in the evening. I wonder if Liz recognises the lion?

6:15pm ish - After getting fed up of toys and having some snuggles, Michaela has a look around from a different perspective for a while. Mum is sitting right in front of her, she's safe. I make up more formula.

6:30pm - Michaela goes down for another nap.

6:45pm - Daniel goes off to bed after kissing everyone goodnight. I am pretty tired by now and have long since lost the will to live with the camera lol. I go up and sort out the bedroom, I like everything tidy and I do various bits with angel sprays, lavender oil etc - it developed into a ritual when I was suffering badly with insomnia.

Shaun is busy with his jobseeking still, so I sit down to check in on SongPop. I do have another forum where I moderate, but it's not as busy as JM and doesn't need as regular checks. Good job because I have simply run out of time and energy today.

7pm - I watch Coronation Street.

7.30pm - Chat a bit to Shaun and have a few kisses and cuddles.

7:55pm - Michaela briefly wakes up, but goes back to sleep. I go up to bed with my hot water bottle and computer to write up my DITLO. I'd rather be taking Shaun to bed, but that's another story entirely. One of these days when it's not such a sicky fussy day...

That's about it, I've been here in bed since 8:15pm and it's now 9:30pm. I am shattered and will probably do a bit more SongPop then go to sleep now!! Every day is slightly different but this is fairly typical. I hope you've enjoyed it!

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; January 23rd, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
January 23rd, 2013, 01:59 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I love her play nest. I don't think I've ever seen anything like it!

I must ask, what's a magpie?

Oh and I also loooove her little sweater she's wearing. Super cute

Thanks for sharing with us

January 23rd, 2013, 02:09 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Love the play nest too. Thanks for sharing your day. I must say that Daniel is a wise one, changing into pajamas as soon as he gets home. I do the same thing.

January 23rd, 2013, 02:58 PM
Me too lol!

A magpie is a black and white bird, there's this whole rhyme/superstition about them and I tend to find that magpies always have a message for me. The rhyme is:
One for sorrow, two for joy
Three for a girl and four for a boy
Five for silver, six for gold
Seven for a secret never to be told
Eight for a wish, nine for a kiss
Ten for a bird you must not miss.
aubers68 and Mom2JDub like this.

January 23rd, 2013, 03:56 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I sit Taryn right next to me, too, so I can multi-task.

What are cereal biscuits? is it just what you call cereal?
Carwen*Angel likes this.
January 23rd, 2013, 04:24 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Looks like a pretty good day Sharron! Michaela is so cute!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 23rd, 2013, 05:08 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Okay firstly I love your house, it's so classic and English, which I adore. Secondly indont know why, maybe it's pms but the way Daniel is with the baby made me well up!! I just KNEW she would be so good for him an they'd have such a special life long connection I loved your day, thanks for sharing
Carwen*Angel and aubers68 like this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
January 23rd, 2013, 11:54 PM
NICURNmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awesome pics, Sharron. Thank you for sharing your DITLO. Micheala is so beautiful.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 05:11 AM
Cereal biscuits are basically biscuits made of cereal which have fruit and/or nuts in them as well! I find it easier than an actual bowl of cereal so I can multitask and check in on here as well - as free time is short right now it's the only way I can get everything done that I need to. I'm eating my lunch now as I type lol! I didn't take a pic of my brekkie cos it was when the camera needed charging. I'll take a pic of it some other day and add it in.

Daniel is super sweet with Michaela. I love seeing their little relationship grow.

Thanks for all the lovely comments, I did really love doing this though I found it made the day a bit mad!
afwifey09 and Cylence like this.

January 24th, 2013, 10:37 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Awww, so sweet! I love the shots of Daniel and Michaela
Carwen*Angel likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Super Mommy
It looks like it turned out to be a good day, even if it was a fussy day. You have a beautiful family. I really enjoyed the pics.

BTW..I loved the moo slippers.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 06:32 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Thanks for sharing Sharron. I like the video of Daniel holding his sister. Very sweet.

I used to get called Magpie when I was younger and we lived in Calgary where we had them.
Carwen*Angel likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 06:39 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Awww the lion. Ours is in the car. Thanks for sharing hun. I love that play nest. I too set E up in his jumper or bouncer next to me so I can multitask.
Carwen*Angel likes this.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

January 25th, 2013, 12:18 AM
Glad I'm not the only lazy slash multitasker!

Lol Liz our lion was meant to go in the car, but Daniel showed it to Michaela and she loved it so much it never made it to the car. She loves to hold it, stroke it and chew it instead.

January 25th, 2013, 02:46 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
Thanks for sharing! I love your home and Daniel is so sweet to Michaela! I love love love it!
Carwen*Angel likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search