Welcome to our life! (DITL Jenn Oz & Pearce)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 8 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By aubers68
  • 1 Post By NICURNmommy
  • 1 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By 3littlepiggies
  • 1 Post By one.juniper

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 23rd, 2013, 08:41 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I decided to jump right into it and do our DITL on Monday, the 21st as Pearce was starting a night shift this week and things get pretty hectic when he's on nights! I'm just getting around to posting it now as we've been busy. I'm super annoyed as I just had it almost entirely typed up when I accidentally closed the tab. Oh well.

It's very picture heavy, I wanted to do it right so I could remember what a day with Oz was like! I hope you'll stick it out to the end .

Oz and I got up around 3 a.m. for a feeding then headed back to bed.

At 7:30 he woke up for another and seemed to be up for the day but I was still very tired so I put him back down in the crib with a pacifier in the hopes he'd fall back asleep. When I got back to my bedroom the bed was fully of dogs so I laid down in the study for a snooze. Oz was having none of my ideas though and by 8:00 Pearce and the dogs and Oz were waking me up.

Good morning!

We snuggled for a while, as you can see I am still quite sleepy. Finally I get my butt up and Pearce takes Oz while I get dressed and brush my teeth. When I get back they are playing on the computer.

I decide it's a good time to get ready for the day so I put Oz in a new diaper and get him dressed.

By the time we are done I smell something delicious wafting from the kitchen so we go check it out. Pearce is making french toast - my favourite! I'm a lucky girl.

I forgot it was garbage day as Pearce isn't usually home on a Monday so he gets the garbage out while I keep an eye on breakfast. I put Oz in his exercauser for some morning fun.

I took a stroll by the living room window to get a look at the weather, and if you can believe it, it's sunny! It won't last, but more on that later.

When I get back to the kitchen Pearce is putting breakfast on the table! It was delicious.

The munckin was still happy in his exercauser so I got to work on cleaning up the kitchen. I like it when Pearce makes breakfast but he is a messy chef. I got all the dishes done except the cast iron pan as it was still smoking hot.

At this point Oz started to fuss so I took him to visit daddy and I find a puppy pile on our bed.

We had a spicy pork and green chili stew for dinner on Monday and it needed a good 8 hours in the slow cooker so I whipped that up while Pearce kept the little man occupied.

After I got tidied up again I went looking for Oz. I found him playing on his play mat.

These days he gets bored pretty quickly on it but he was doing ok so I left him there while Pearce and I made some final decisions about the bathroom.

We are painting and replacing the linoleum with tile. We went with the colour in the middle of the tile. Oz started crying so I went and grabbed him and Pearce did some measurements to make sure we had enough tile. We got it on clearance 3 years ago when we moved in and never used it lol.

After that it was time to hit the road! I got Ozzy bundled up to go. Off to the side you can see the quilt I made for Oz. Siz months later and it's not quite done yet.

We headed over to a new outdoor rink one of the churches in town set up for the community. He fell asleep pretty quickly in the car. When we got there we realized it was not going to work out as a bitter north wind had picked up and it was frigid cold! So we did what any self respecting Canadians would do, we packed it up and headed indoors to the local arena!

There were about 3 other families so we had the run of the ice.

While we were out I got a call from the pharmacy saying my maternity vitamins were ready to be picked up, so we swung by to grab the prescription.

We arrived at Home Hardware and picked up our paint and new fixtures for the bathroom.

While we were there Ozzy woke up and started fussing. When we got home I realized the problem - he'd soaked through his diaper. This rarely happens so I put him in a new pair of pants and sat down to nurse him.

While Ozzy ate so did Pearce so I dropped off the munchkin in the basement so I could eat lunch in peace.

"Grrtoutamawayimwatchingtv" said the grumpasorous.

I had nothing fancy for lunch, just leftover cabbage, potatoes and meatloaf.

After that I decided to print off a recipe for Svestkove Knedliky. It's a Czech fruit dumpling and Pearce's favourite childhood dish. His grandma is gone now and his mom never learned to cook from her so I am kind of flying blind but I've mastered a few Czech recipes. This one needs some fine tuning - I made it today and Pearce said it was good but I think I can do better.

While I am on the computer I swung by Just Mommies for a short visit.

Then I set the roomba to work on my living room and headed downstairs to check on the situation.

I found Oz watching TV.

As soon as he saw me he started fussing so Pearce scooped him up.

Then things got a little silly. This cow was mine as a child, my dad found it in some store when I was a baby while he was working as a truck driver.

I took Oz with me back upstairs so Pearce could watch TV in peace. He played with his clown while I tidied up from lunch. He was occupied just long enough for me to get the dishes done.

I quickly realized he was tired so we headed into the study for a snuggle and some quiet time. He nursed to sleep and put him down in his crib. It didn't take however and he was up shortly after.

At this point he spit up on me so I put him back down to get changed and found a kitty in my bed.

I guess it was too cold outside for the cat. I put on my polar fleece and decided it was time for a walk. I gave my MIL a call to see if she'd watch Oz while I walked the dogs as Pearce was going to hockey soon but she was at the gym which kiboshed my plan.

I changed Oz's diaper and we decided to sit down for some play time instead.

This is his favourite book, Horns to Toes and Inbetween. It's about monsters.

I busted out the cookie monster. Pearce makes an excellent cookie monster voice but he was still downstairs so Oz had to suffer through my weak impersonation.

Just then Pearce's dad arrived to pick him up for hockey.

Grandpa left while Pearce put in his contacts and Ozzy took to watching Winston. Winnie was keeping a clear breadth of the nursery Monday afternoon after he got in big trouble for chewing up a toy earlier in the morning.

Winston left and Oz fell over and started playing with a new toy. This one's great, you can chew on it and play with it at the same time!

Oh! Suddenly he rolled. He's only rolled from front to back about 3 times, though he rolls from his back to his tummy constantly.

And then he rolled again...

It's about 3:30 now and Oz is losing patience with playtime. I got out the alligator we got him at Gatorland when we were in Florida but it doesn't do the trick.

We pack up the toys and head out to the living room when SURPRISE! Pearce and his dad are standing in the driveway staring at the car. I'm confused and stick my head out the door. Turns out the weather is AWFUL, they couldn't see the hood of the car once they got out of town and headed back in fears of getting stuck in the village if the weather worsened.

Pearce takes Oz over to the piano for a little music while I got the dogs ready for a walk.

As you can see its getting pretty white outside....

It was snowing very heavily so I put my camera back in the house. It's a shame as there were some nice pictures to be had as we walked along the lower beach road but I didn't want my camera to get too wet. As you can see it doesn't look like we have too much snow there, we now have about 2ft and are still under a snow squall warning. Pearce couldn't go to work last night because the roads out of town were all closed.

When we got back I put Oz in his exercauser while I packed up for swimming lessons! It was 4:30 by now so I nursed him and we headed out. By this time it was starting to get quite nasty even in town. My friend texted me after swimming to tell me it took her and her hubby 40 minutes to make a 10 minute drive home after our lesson :O.

Swimming was good. We dunked Ozzy under the water for the first time. I thought he was going to cry but he didn't and we did it a few more times and he was just fine! If I was there on my own I probably wouldn't have had the guts but Pearce used to be a lifeguard so he was fairly confident. Then we tried out life jackets so the babies could float on their own.

Ozzy is the youngest baby in the class. My friend Michelle's little guy is the next youngest then the rest of the babies are 10 -18 months.

The inlaws decided to come over for dinner and grandpa got in a cuddle before I put the munchkin to bed.

And that's that!

Pinterest
Flickr
January 23rd, 2013, 11:07 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a day! He's so handsome! Isn't it so much fun taking him swimming. We slowed down a bit bc I hate taking Summer out in the fridged weather after being wet. :-(
one.juniper likes this.

January 23rd, 2013, 11:44 PM
NICURNmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
wow talk about having a busy day. I would love having my DH cooking me some good ol' french toast...you sure are one lucky gal. Great pics. You have a lovely family. Thanks for sharing your life with us.
one.juniper likes this.
January 24th, 2013, 01:02 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
OMG you have a St Bernard!!!!! I want one SOOO bad but they're illegal here *grumble* how beautiful. Oz is GORGEOUS, you guys have such a beautiful home and family. Thank you for sharing your day, I love the snow I also think you're one kick a** wife for learning how to make that dish for Dh
one.juniper likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

January 24th, 2013, 05:14 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Look at your snow - I'm SO jealous!!!

You guys make such a cute family. What a busy - and fun - day! I haven't been ice-skating for years, makes me wanna go!

January 24th, 2013, 06:19 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Random question - the peach pie in your crockpot picture - is it any good? I've only ever seen the apple ones around here!

The snow is crazy! I'm not 2 hours from you (I think?) and look at the difference in our weather - lake effect is crazy!

LOVE your dogs! And Oz is super cute for sure! Really enjoyed the peek into your day

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
January 24th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
Busy busy!! Great day! And i looooove your dogs!
You definitely have an adorable little family! Thanks for sharing!

Emma, why are St. Bernards illegal in Australia??!
January 24th, 2013, 07:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HippieLove View Post
OMG you have a St Bernard!!!!! I want one SOOO bad but they're illegal here *grumble* how beautiful. Oz is GORGEOUS, you guys have such a beautiful home and family. Thank you for sharing your day, I love the snow I also think you're one kick a** wife for learning how to make that dish for Dh
What on earth are they illegal for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaaka View Post
Random question - the peach pie in your crockpot picture - is it any good? I've only ever seen the apple ones around here!

The snow is crazy! I'm not 2 hours from you (I think?) and look at the difference in our weather - lake effect is crazy!

LOVE your dogs! And Oz is super cute for sure! Really enjoyed the peek into your day
Ya its ok! Pearce always gets them when they are on sale. Zehrs usually has tons of flavours.

Pinterest
Flickr
January 24th, 2013, 08:06 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I loved reading this and getting a glimpse in to your life. Oz is just so handsome and easygoing. Thanks for posting this!

January 24th, 2013, 09:06 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I loved how you told your DITL!
Thanks for sharing...
He is such a cutie. It's amazing how much we can squeeze in a day...
January 24th, 2013, 10:30 AM
Super Mommy
Glad you shared your day. I really enjoyed the pics. Oz is so adorable. It looks like you have a lot of babies to take care of. lol.
one.juniper likes this.

January 24th, 2013, 10:38 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What a great day! Thanks for sharing! I want the pork and green chili stew recipe!

January 24th, 2013, 12:08 PM
It was pretty spicy to warn you..

Slow Cooker Pork and Green Chile Stew | Skinnytaste
Mom2JDub likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
January 24th, 2013, 02:09 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Wow. You guys are busy! And I think I would love your house if I saw it in person. Love Oz's concentrating face. Haha! So cute!

January 24th, 2013, 03:51 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
So sweet! I especially loved "we did what any self-respecting Canadian would do.."
January 24th, 2013, 05:24 PM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Oh my goodness, Oz is such a cutie!

My Ovulation Chart
January 24th, 2013, 06:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
He's such a handsome lil guy! TFS!

January 24th, 2013, 06:43 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I love the recipe holder and that you took his stroller on the ice!!!
January 24th, 2013, 07:29 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Oz makes the cutest faces. Thanks for sharing.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search