Older kids walking with baby??

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 24th, 2013, 08:40 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Have older kids held baby and walked with them? What ages?

How old do you feel is too young to let a child walk with your baby?

January 24th, 2013, 08:56 AM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I obviously don't have children old enough to do this but I felt nervous having my 12 yr old sister do it so I know i'm overly protective, ha. I would say for myself they would definitely have to be at least 10 yrs old. Although ya know, it might depend on the maturity of the child since that can vary alot.

January 24th, 2013, 09:01 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My oldest walks with her. She is almost 13. I wouldn't let anyone younger walk with her.
Angela; Mom to S,K,R,J,E,C,N and #8 coming soon (ish).

January 24th, 2013, 09:07 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am ok with my 10 and 12 year old carrying Micah, but I don't let them carry her up or down stairs. My 6 year old has to be sitting on the couch if he wants to hold her.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 24th, 2013, 12:30 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I dont have other kiddos yet but the youngest to hold him was his cousin and shes 5 but she was sitting on the couch with help from her nana, but wit walking around shes about 13-14 I believe and she did great. It would just depend on there maturity and what not to go any younger but about 10 ish I think would be OK,any younger needs to sit to hold him right now

January 24th, 2013, 12:54 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Both my older girls carry him. They are 8 and 9. Noah will if he has to, if I ask him to bring him to me, or if I leave him here while I go pick kids up from school and he holds him. He's 11.

January 24th, 2013, 03:34 PM
NYCgirl's Avatar Super Mommy
In my case there is no reason for it. The risk it too high. I would not want my older one to have any guilt should anything happen. Ryan's older sibs hold him on the couch or in bed.

That said I tied my Moby onto my 6 year old with Ryan in just for the laugh. It was cute!

January 25th, 2013, 05:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I wont let my older kids walk around with her. They are 7 and 6. I think they would have to be about 10 or older to walk around with her. It would just make me really nervous. If they want to hold her they have to sit down.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 26th, 2013, 08:36 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliott has no siblings, but I do feel cautious when other people do hold him. If they have him loosley on their hip since he still kicks his legs out. Or, there was my coworker that held him with one hand out from her, up in the air like she was balancing him. He is too young and wiggles and wobbles and she was standing on the crack from the carpet to the linoleum! AH! I at one point reached out to steady him lol and then took him back. ha ha, she is great with kids and I would probably feel fine doing it myself but seeing someone else do it made me tooo nervous!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

January 26th, 2013, 11:43 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My older kiddos are 15 (almost 16), 14, 12, and 10. I trust them to carry Kyah through rooms. My 10 yr old and 12 year old have to keep her in the same room I am in. Even my oldest girls can't get too far from me while holding Kyah! Definitely no stairs, not even for my oldest, lol....I'm protective! Stairs are scary when they involve a baby being carried up/down them. I haven't let any other kids hold Kyah. I know that my own kids are responsible enough; I don't think I would trust other kids though; not really knowing if they are responsible enough.

January 28th, 2013, 05:46 AM
Super Mommy
My husband and I do not see eye to eye on Brady being held or walked around by his older sisters (8,10,13) they do great with him BUT it makes me super nervous. I only really let the oldest walk with him and only in the house.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search