cutting baby's nails

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 25th, 2013, 07:02 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel like im always having to trim his nails! They grow so fast! So I was wondering. ..

How often do you trim baby's nails?

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both?

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed?

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)?

January 25th, 2013, 07:22 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you trim baby's nails? Once a week.

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? see below

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? When she is asleep on my lap. She doesn't notice that way.

January 25th, 2013, 09:32 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you trim baby's nails? Whenever I notice they need trimmed

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? nail clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? She is interested in getting the nail clippers! I distract her by talking to her and singing to her!

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? awake

January 25th, 2013, 10:54 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you trim baby's nails? When I notice they need it, usually after he claws me lol

What do you use clippers, nail file or both? Clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? He does great, he likes to watch me and sometimes he will get distracted by the tv

When do you trim them (like when baby's sleeping or awake)? Awake, he wakes up if I do it while hes sleeping

January 26th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Super Mommy
How often do you trim baby's nails? every couple days... when she gets upset, she claws her face so I have to keep them short at all times.

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? mainly clippers but I try to use a baby nail file to smooth them.

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? Depends on her mood... I try to talk and sing to her but sometimes have to cut a couple then wait a bit!

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? usually when she is awake... I always forget when she is sleeping lol.

January 26th, 2013, 07:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
How often do you trim baby's nails? whenever I notice they need it

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? nail clippers

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? she is fine with it.

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? I trim them when she is eating.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 26th, 2013, 08:06 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
How often do you trim baby's nails? I trim them every other day, to every 3 days tops. Sometimes its a few days in a row. People have talked about his sharp baby nails but they don't realize that they don't grow like adult nails!

What do you use, clippers or nail file or both? I use clippers. If he is extra squirmy I will use a nail file. But I am bad, I use MY nail file, not the baby one that barely even files the nail.

How does baby tolerate getting there nails trimmed? He loves playing with his hands, so as you can guess, he does not like it when you hold his fingers out and he can't move them. He doesn't cry though, he just squirms and tries to pull his hand back.

When do you trim them (like while baby's sleeping or awake)? I do it when he is awake. He naps in his crib in the dark, so I am not going to try to use a flashlight to do it. Plus, half the time he sleeps with his arms up and bent so that his hands are under his head. lol

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search