Am I the only one???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 05:51 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Am I the only one left with a tiny baby? I'm loving seeing all of these squishy little ones that are growing so well! Bailey is still super tiny. I'm anxiously awaiting her next weight check in a couple of weeks and word back from her dr who is directly talking with Emory to get her appointment moved up. But, I have a feeling she's still hovering between 11-12 lbs at nearly 5 months.

She is still comfortably in size 1 diapers and can comfortably wear her NB clothes (some are just not long enough, but this is the size that fits her best) and 0-3 months clothes. But, some of her 0-3s are still too big on her. I try to put her in some of her 3-6mo winter clothes and they absolutely swallow her whole, but I don't want them to go to waste and her not get to wear them because they are so super cute. I've had to go and buy her some cold weather 0-3months so she can have something to wear that fits her. When we were buying we thought she'd surely be in 3-6mo by this time. No such luck.

Any one else still have a tiny one? Not that I want anyone to be having the issues that Bailey is. I hope everyone's child is fully healthy and growing. I am just wondering if she's the last one left in size 1 diapers and not growing out of her 0-3s yet?
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; January 29th, 2013 at 05:56 AM.
January 29th, 2013, 06:47 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Weston is 19% for weight yet, 13 lbs 9 oz. 12% for height, doesn't surprise me lol

January 29th, 2013, 06:49 AM
Mega Super Mommy
First of all hugs to you I know it must be tough on you!! I guess I knew she was small but I never really connected how small until you said newborn cloths and size one diapers . I would prolly carry Aden around more often if he was closer to 11lbs instead of almost 20 ( not to be insensitive) I hope you find some answers soon. I bet she is too stinkin cute sitting being so tiny.

January 29th, 2013, 07:16 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I hope your able to get Bailey seen sooner than later Evelyn is around 15lbs which makes her a few pounds lighter than we are used to our babies being at this point but for us its not a worry. I can't even imagine how your feeling. Hugs
January 29th, 2013, 10:01 AM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Abigail is still pretty little although she has started gaining a lot quicker. We are still in size 1 diapers but we will switch when she finally finishes the pack we are on. She could wear her newborn stuff a month ago, but now we are in 0-3 and some 3-6 because she is so long (definately not filling them out though). She was 12 12 at her 4 month appointment and I'm guessing she is around 14 -14.5 lbs now. Like you I'm worried about the issues that keep them small, but at the same time I LOVE cuddling the tiny babies

January 29th, 2013, 10:27 AM
Super Mommy
Kara is in size 2 diapers but as for the rest, she is right there with Bailey! Her 3-6 month clothes are so big but like you, I still put her in them. I have had to find ways for her summery newborn and 0-3 month clothes to work during the cold weather. I had to go buy some sweaters and leggings in 0-3 month clothes. Kara is 10th percentile for weight and the only reason some of her newborn clothes don't fit is because she is the 45th percentile for height... otherwise, everything would still fit her.

I wish Bailey didn't have any issues so you could just enjoy her being small. As long as there are no health issues then there is nothing wrong with a small baby. Hopefully she has gained enough to avoid any more pokes and definitely NO hospitalization! HUGS momma! You are doing great with all the worries! I'm praying for everything to turn out ok!

January 29th, 2013, 11:54 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliott had a hard time gaining weight at first. We were in the hospital 4 days after birth because he lost almost a pound and wasn't gaining.

He has exceeded expectations now though. But I know the worry that comes with a baby not gaining fast, although he wasn't tiny to begin with. I do miss him being tiny, he came out looking well formed, like a little boy rather than squishy and newborn like.

I can understand that there must be worry as well as frustration when it comes to clothes and such. Elliott is growing too fast-he spends 2-3 weeks in one size then blazes through it. I have some 9 month stuff that doesn't really fit him anymore and the hand me downs are starting to be summer clothes now (shorts etc) so his clothes are limited. I wish he would spend more time in one size because some clothes are cute and I don't have the money to keep buying wardrobes for him!

You have been in my thoughts a lot, it must be scary to have to deal with this and I hope you get answers soon. :/

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

January 29th, 2013, 12:09 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Naomi looks small. We are always getting comments on how little she is, but she is just short.

I hope she gets into the dr. soon.

January 29th, 2013, 12:17 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Matthew has been pretty long and skinny so far. Hes in the 35% for weight and 71% in height. Hes in cloth diapers and still on the small setting (there one size diapers) and hes in 3-6 month clothes to... because hes to long for his other ones but he can fit comfy in 0-3 there just to short right now.

I jope Bailey gets into see the doc sooner to! Im so sorry to Katie, I cant even imagine what its like foryou guys but I know Bailey will be just fine.

January 29th, 2013, 01:10 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Linc is in the 12 to just 13 pound range, but very long, he would be in size 2 diapers, and is wearing 3-6 months clothes.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 29th, 2013, 02:05 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
There is certainly nothing wrong with a small baby! I hope that if Bailey does have a medical issue they are able to identify it quickly and treat it easily with meds. I hope everything turns out great once Bailey sees the doctors! I will continue to pray for baby Bailey. She may be small; but she is just so sweet and so beautiful

January 29th, 2013, 08:06 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto all the other ladies, thinking of you ALL the time and hoping you get some answers soon! Bailey is one of the sweetest little ladies I've seen!!!

January 29th, 2013, 11:58 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My ds Seth was always tiny. He was 6 lbs when he came home and stayed in newborn clothes till about 6 months. He is six now, and only a few pounds heavier than his three year old sister! He is just smaller like my side of the family. Micah on the other hand is huge, lol.

I really hope you get some answers soon. I hope you can find comfort in the fact that alhough she is small, Bailey seems very strong and healthy. She's adorable too

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 30th, 2013, 04:56 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My kids vary in size. My 8 and 9 year old daughters are the exact same size, and my 5 year old daughter and 6 year old son are the same size. Saves on clothes Too bad Becca and RJ aren't the same sex lol

Sebastian was diagnosed FTT at about 7 months. I think he's 'normal' sized now. He's got a wic appointment before his next doc checkup, so I can see what he rates on the charts there.

January 30th, 2013, 06:07 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Thanks everyone!!!! I am perfectly ok with her being tiny, I just want to get the underlying cause of her FFT and abnormal bloodwork and urinalysis figured out ASAP so I'm not constantly worried about her not gaining or her kidneys and liver working overtime and damage being done to them. If she was tiny from birth, it wouldn't be a huge issue. She was relatively big and then completely fell off the charts in less than a month and now is struggling to stay on the charts.

I just weighed her at DH's work (they have a digital scale to weigh packages, LOL, I was desperate). She is 12.5 lbs. Good news, it is a gain; bad news, it's a very small gain in a month. That puts her right between the 4th and 5th percentile. More bad news is that she is falling lower on the curve than last month. This is what they didn't want to see.

But, the positives, like some of you have pointed out, I can easily carry her around everywhere and hold her most all the time without it being any physical strain. She does look so funny sitting up or when she stands up holding on to our fingers. She was doing that with DH over the weekend and I just died laughing. She looked like a couple week old baby with super strength because she was sitting alone and standing up with great balance and strength holding on to her daddy's fingers.

She does seem to be developing normally in all other senses but her weight and that is a HUGE blessing!
Panda likes this.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search