Do you feel back to "normal"?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Brandiwine3

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2013, 08:29 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I made a post about this a while back. How is everyone feeling and is there anything still ailing you from pregnancy/birth?

I have to say that I still don't feel wonderful right now. My post-hormone acne went away, which I'm so happy about. BUT, I still have extra discharge that really makes me uncomfortable right now. It's sort of yellow colored like lochia so it's just strange that I'm still having it all these months later. I was thinking maybe I still have remnants of a yeast infection from when we had thrush, so I might deal with that. As for other things, I have this (TMI) extra flap of skin on the inside of my lady parts. I think it's some skin that didn't heal as well after he was born. It hurts to wear a tampon because it kind of sits on top of it and it is sensitive. I really hope it goes away or I might see what my doctor can do. I still get sore at the site of my epidural, my skin feels saggy in my hips and I have constant bags under my eyes even though I get pretty good sleep. I went out and bought new jeans the other day because my old ones were just making me feel. horribly about myself. I just want to be my old confident self again!

January 29th, 2013, 11:25 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
First off *hugs* I know its so crazy dealing with this after pregnancy crap expecially with your first baby.

It took me untill Matthew was about 3-3 1/2 months untill I really felt 'normal' again. hormonaly anyways lol. I to had the extra discharge and felt yucky with it to but it recently went away finaly (thank god lol). I feel back to normal hormonal wise but still have a few physical issues. Because I ended up having to have a c-section, the area of the incision is still tender, my doc said it can take a year for it to heal 'all the way' so it will either be really tender/sore or completly numb which is so weird! I to have the extra bit on the upper thighs and I feel like I have a muffin top. I feel so horrible about myself to. I cant even fit into my old jeans yet and some shirts are still to tight. I've just been wearing leggings but I miss my jeans! I've been thinking about getting another pair to fit me now and I also want to get another pair of work pants (dress pants) because my old ones are still to snug. I just didnt want to 'waste' money on new clothes untill I new what my size would be now after having a baby. My hips widened a lot so I also think that is impacting things a lot to. I also have the extra stretch skin on my belly (my muffin top lol) and I just hope it will shrink back down! I have finaly started to stop pulling out chunks of hair so thats nice.

I understand about wanting your old confident self back to... I'm still waiting for mine to lol and she is taking her sweet a** time to!

January 29th, 2013, 11:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont but i feel a little better every day. Ive hardly lost any weight which sucks. My incision site is really tender sometimes but other days it doesnt bug me. The weird thing is for the past few days id swear i was pregant from how ive been feeling but i think i had my frist af or something like it like 2 weeks ago so i cant be lol

January 30th, 2013, 12:19 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am having a hard time dealing with the extra 10lbs i still have. It's all on my thighs and i'm short so it makes me look wide. Also, at the end of my pregnancy i had sciatica running down my legs if i stood too long. It still hasnt gone away so it makes it painful to exercise. I am seeing a chiropractor next week so i am hoping that will help.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 30th, 2013, 05:55 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I am just now getting there. It gets better each day. For me, it can be periodic. I have several days where I feel great and I think I'm finally coming out of the funk, but then I'll have a couple of days where I just melt down and feel like everything's falling apart. It doesn't help with the stress and anxiety of getting Bailey diagnosed, having a recently diagnosed Asperger's 6 year old, and a 4 and 2 year old who act like 4 and 2 year olds, LOL. The physical adjustment is the hardest. I know I've always wanted my body back immediately after each pregnancy, but I've finally learned that the weight may come right off, but it takes hard work and time to get my body looking normal again (outside of clothes-everyone thinks I'm already back in shape, but I KNOW I am not where I want to be. I wouldn't be caught dead in a 2 piece swimsuit at the moment).

Just know that it will get better. Basically, 9 months of pregnancy is rough on the body even with a great pregnancy, so it'll take several months to get everything feeling and looking normal again. Allow yourself to accept it and work to improve everything with the knowledge that it's a process and will take time. Praying for all of you!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 30th, 2013, 06:28 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I feel pretty normal, I didn't get the baby blues nearly as badly this time, and the time change hasn't been so bad - though I will feel a lot better once spring is here - I always do.

I just wish the weight I lost while pregnant had stayed off - I am eating oatlmeal for breakfast carrots for lunch a few snacks and dinner and gained 20 pounds back - thank you PCOS.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 30th, 2013, 06:36 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I feel back to normal in some ways. I think I have finally gotten my emotions in check. I was an emotional wreck for my entire pregnancy and even a few months after. I am very unsatisfied with my body. Although I lost the baby weight I just feel so flabby. Loose skin around my belly and thighs that makes me feel so self conscious. I never have any time to do anything for myself. It is very stressful. I don't think I will feel normal again until I can finally have time to devote to myself. That will probably not be until the baby is much older. She only wants me; and she wants me constantly. But, that's okay with me. I read something online the other day. It was a very sweet picture of a baby thanking their Mother for always tending to their needs and saying how they wont need her so constantly for too much longer. I wish I would have saved it so I could share it. It actually brought tears to my eyes. It is so true, babies grow so quickly.

And I just said my emotions were finally in check! I'm a big cry baby!!! LOL

January 30th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Veteran
I've yet to get back to "normal". With ea pg, I feel like I lose a little bit of my self identity...and what and who defines me is no longer self-contributed as much as it is determined by the needs and interests of my babies. I will admit I do feel guilty for leaving them everyday to go to the office. So, in turn, I rush home to spend just a few hrs with them b/f bedtime each evening. Which means, I'm neglecting my self and my health. With three little ones, I find I'm not getting enough sleep (somehow my 11 yo always waits until it's time to turn in for the night to remind us, she has a project or paper due...nice lol). Our two yo wonders into our bdrm prob 4 out of 7 nights and I have to readjust myself to accommodate her flailing sleep habits (foot in the ribs/body sideways/hand somehow always managing to smack me in the face), while trying to keep her quiet so that she doesn't wake the baby, sleeping in his bed, next to ours. Then, with sports practice and excuses, I've just not pressed myself hard enough to get back to my zone and where I'm confident and comfortable (eating and working out). Thus, affecting my spousal relationship (he still thinks I'm beautiful) and the way I carry myself. I'm still trying to cover up in sweats and tees (although I do wear make-up and do my hair). After 3 csections, my stomach is mush and flappy (for now). I've so missed my "routine" of cycling, jogging and zumba and my mirror reflects it. I'm also reminded of my lack of effort to be fit when trying to squeeze myself into my pre-pg jeans. Hey, they fit, if I suck it in and NEVER sit down lol! For the first time since I had Liam, I went to the gym (Monday). B/F even walking through the doors, I was plagued with anxiety - would I be able to make it through spinning class w/o passing out?! It was EXHAUSTING, HARDER THAN I IMAGINED (AND I'VE BEEN DOING IT FOR ABOUT 4 YEARS)...BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY, IT WAS INVIGORATING - I was sooo glad it was over after 45 minutes. You know that feeling (b/f the rush sets in b/c you are used to working out) of being delighted that you got it out of the way and it was beneficial?! So, little by little I suppose. Ah, and Michelle, this might not be what you read but, it's (below) along the same lines. You're justified in crying - I'm a blubbering fool! No judging

I won’t always cry, Mommy
When you leave the room
& my supermarket tantrums
Will end too soon
I won’t always wake Daddy
For cuddles through the night
& one day you will miss
Having a chocolate face to wipe
You won’t always wake to find my foot
Is kicking you out of bed
Or find me sideways on your pillow
Where you want to lay your head
You won’t always have to carry me
In asleep from the car
Or piggy back me down the road
When my little legs can’t walk that far
So cherish every cuddle, remember them all
One day, Mommy, I won’t be this small

Last edited by Brandiwine3; January 30th, 2013 at 12:01 PM.
January 30th, 2013, 10:33 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still emotional-I cry SO easily. It's ridiculous. And I have only lost 15lbs of the 50 I had gained. Awesome. So I am very overweight and have a flab pouch that hangs down. My pre-preg jeans LAUGH At me and my attempt to even get them up my thighs!

Other than that I am almost back to normal. Sex feels good again although I have terrible hemorrhoids. I feel pressure every time I even pee and each BM scares me. That really sucks. And I got stretch marks covering my belly-honestly, more stretch marks than skin, so it's tough seeing them when I go to change on top of my flab. DF will look at my stomach sometimes when I am changing and I feel ashamed. I was working out and had lost 20 lbs right before I got prego, so this is crappy.

Other than needing to lose weight, I think I am just as back to normal as I can be. Well, we do FF and I can still get a little milk out. lol

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

January 30th, 2013, 05:13 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH, the hemorrhoids! The horror! I have one too that bled for a couple weeks, and it didn't even show up until like a month after labor. I still have it but it doesn't bother me too much right now, it just feels a little funny after I use the bathroom. I definitely still feel a lot of pressure down there.

Big hugs to all of you girls! I was sure that I'm not the only one feeling funny, but just wanted to hear from other mommies. I know it will get better, actually my friend was telling me that at some point after her pregnancy (and it was probably like a year after) she was like "Wow, I actually feel pretty good!"

And JoLina, I just wanted to say - go get some new jeans!!! Don't worry about the money now, just do what will make you feel good and be better for your mental and emotional health. I started realizing that my jeans of all things were bringing me down, and it feels so good to walk around in a pair of pants that actually fit me. Stacy and Clinton on What Not To Wear always say not to buy clothes in different sizes in hopes of being that size and to buy things that fit you NOW because who knows if you will ever be any different. And if you do lose the weight, you can always go on another shopping trip to celebrate

January 31st, 2013, 10:38 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
even if you do lose the rest of your weight, there's no saying your jeans will ever fit "right" again. Your whole body changes.

I feel perfectly normal. Of course the last 12 years being pregnant and having babies IS my normal LOL

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search