What time does your baby go to bed?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 30th, 2013, 06:26 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Remy is pretty much clockwork ready for bed by 7:15 or 7:30 now. He used to be more like 8:30 but I think he's gradually moving the time up each week. He actually napped in my arms until like 6:45 so I probably could have even put him to bed at 6ish.

I hope this doesn't sound insensitive, but one thing my family and I do a lot is have dinner together or go out to dinner somewhere. How do you all feel about sacrificing baby's normal bedtime to do something like that? I ask because up until now I've made it a point to be home in time for him to go to bed, even though he could probably just fall asleep wherever we are. I just feel mom guilt any time I think about being out later. But now that his bedtime is getting earlier and earlier, I feel like once in a while it's inevitable? Does it get easier to let them stay up a little later when they get older or is that time even more important than now? Just curious what you all think about it!

January 30th, 2013, 08:06 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Declan is in bed by 730-8 every night. On a few occasions when we were out,we just brought his rock and play along and did the norms for bed time. I try hard to be home for bed too but sometimes it just can't be helped.

Ashley
Ashley
January 30th, 2013, 08:35 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
most nights he is in bed by 7:30-8, we are home every night to make sure my oldest gets to bed by 8 since he is in school, but often on weekends we are out later and I don't sweat it.

We just try to keep the routine relatively the same, maybe just shorter to get him in bed as soon as we can when we get home.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 30th, 2013, 09:35 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
We too just try and keep a semblance of routine when we are out after her bedtime. It is easier when it is family as in general they just bring out the travel cot and she can go in there. She doesn't like sleeping in her stroller when bedtime rolls around so restaurants have been trickier.

January 30th, 2013, 10:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hes in bed usually by 10-10:30 lately which is great because he was staying up until 11-3 not too long ago. On weekdays were like always home because his daddy works real early and goes to bed by 9. On weekends if we make plans we dont worry about it. He sleeps wherever we are until he gets home

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

January 31st, 2013, 12:36 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, lucky ladies for baby to go to bed around 8!! Kyah usually goes to bed at 11-11:30. Sometimes even later! I'm wondering what time your babies wake up! I have to wake Kyah up every morning at 6:15 or so to get ds and dd3 ready for school and to their bus stop. Kyah will go back to sleep around 8 or 9 and sleep for a couple of hours once we are back home.

You are definitely not a bad Mom for not making it home by Remy's usual bed time! The only consequence may be that he may get used to staying up later than his usual bedtime. However, if you still put him to bed in his car seat or whatever you bring with you; chances are you could avoid that as well!

January 31st, 2013, 01:07 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Matthew is in bed about 9:30- 10pm each night. sometimes not untill around 11pm. but if we have somthing to do that will keep us later we still do it but I will not stay out past like midnight now with him, I just feel thats to late for him to be out.

January 31st, 2013, 05:28 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lincoln times wakes about 5:30 to eat, but then goes back to bed till about 8:30, other mornings he gets up about 7, but since I am up getting kids ready for school it is fine.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 31st, 2013, 06:50 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Bailey's, well actually, all of our kids bedtime is 7:30. We try to keep the same routine every night. The one exception is Wednesday night when we're at church until 8, but they are exhausted by the time we get home and all of them pretty much collapse in the bed. What I've found can be tricky with babies is that they can be pretty fussy once their bedtime rolls around if they're out, particuarly if they are in the routine of falling asleep a particular way (feed, bath, lay in the crib, etc). If Remy will still sleep whereever he is, it may not be an issue right now, but my personal experience is that the older they get, the less likely they are to do that. Bailey prefers to sleep covered up next to me on the couch or in her crib. She's becoming less and less likely to fall asleep when we're out anywhere.

One thing we've had to do as all of our kids get older is have an earlier dinner. We normally eat dinner between 5:30-6 and on weekends maybe a little later, but we always try to get home before their bedtime. My boys do much better at handling staying up later at 2, 4, and 6, but the 2 year old will still get ill.

You will learn what works for you and your family!!!! Michelle, Bailey goes to sleep between 7:30 and 8 and I have to wake her and nurse her at 7am before the boys go to school, but on weekends, I can let her sleep to 9am and she's still hasn't woken up on her own yet!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

January 31st, 2013, 06:52 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Maura goes to bed when I go to bed which is about 10-11. Then she wakes up at 6 when I get up to get the kids ready for school. Then she is back to sleep by 9. She does take a nap in the evening from 7 to 9. We are never out that late. My older kids get into bed at 7. They have 30 minutes of quiet play, and then 30 minutes of reading before lights out.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 31st, 2013, 08:25 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any time between 6 and 9. We go to bed at 9 almost every night because we get up at 5:45 every weekday. Weston gets up about 6 hours after he goes down, then will go back to sleep immediately til between 6 and 7.
Most mornings he has to cry for a bit while I get the other kids up and out of bed and fed. Then I feed him in between the time that the bigger kids get up and Sebastian gets up, so he gets from 7:20-7:50 if he hadn't gotten up before that time. If that makes sense.

He also goes for a morning nap when we get home from dropping kids off, so about 9.

January 31st, 2013, 12:00 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Between 9 and 10. I go to bed with her and we get up at 6.30. She wakes up several times during the night though.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

January 31st, 2013, 12:29 PM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
We're the same Katie, we end up eating at 5:30 usually and Mika loves her sleep as much as Bailey does! She will wake for a 6:30 feed and then happily go back to sleep until 8:30.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search