Nap Times

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 06:45 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are your baby's nap times predictable (same times each day)?

How many naps each day and for how long?

Do you let baby sleep as long as he/she wants during naps or wake them at some point?

I read that it is best to let baby sleep as long as they would like. They say just because a baby may have a super long nap(s), it will not mean they will be less sleepy at night and stay up longer. Sleep promotes sleep. How do you feel about that?

January 31st, 2013, 06:50 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sleep absolutely produces sleep! when my kids are over tired they sleep like cra

routine is king in our house, Lincoln takes a small cat nap most mornings in his pack n play down stairs, and his long nap is from 11:30-3 or 3:30 when ever he wakes up.

I kind of miss 2 shorter 2 hour naps, but this works out better for my schedule with the other kids school and activities.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 31st, 2013, 06:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Are your baby's nap times predictable (same times each day)? Yep

How many naps each day and for how long? She takes one nap at 9 for about 2 hours. Another nap about 2 for about 2 hours, and her last nap is at 7 for 2 hours.

Do you let baby sleep as long as he/she wants during naps or wake them at some point? I let her sleep as long as she wants. The kids tend to wake her up with how loud they are though. I am a firm believer in sleep produces sleep. If my kids get overtired they are a lot harder to get to bed.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 31st, 2013, 09:45 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Did your babies get on their own routine or did you have to push it a little? Remy only takes cat naps if it's not in my arms I'm dying for some longer naps!!!

January 31st, 2013, 10:40 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post
Did your babies get on their own routine or did you have to push it a little? Remy only takes cat naps if it's not in my arms I'm dying for some longer naps!!!
It just sort of ended up happening for us, I never have set times for naps and just let him sleep when he wants. but he dosent sleep for very long unless hes in his swing or being held though but he does sleep good in his carseat though

Are your baby's nap times predictable (same times each day)? sort of, he usually almost always takes a nap after he eats in the morning. we get up and he eats his solids then sometimes nurses after then naps in his swing for 2-3.5 hours ish. it just depends but sometimes he will sleep more, expecially if we go out he always passes out in his carseat

How many naps each day and for how long? at least 1 usually

Do you let baby sleep as long as he/she wants during naps or wake them at some point? I let him sleep

I read that it is best to let baby sleep as long as they would like. They say just because a baby may have a super long nap(s), it will not mean they will be less sleepy at night and stay up longer. Sleep promotes sleep. How do you feel about that? I just let him sleep as much as his little heart contents lol

February 1st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are your baby's nap times predictable (same times each day)? It is predictable as far as that she will take a nap in the a.m. and one in the evening!

How many naps each day and for how long?
2 or 3 and for the a.m. nap 2-3 hours. The 2nd/3rd nap maybe 30 min-1 hour

Do you let baby sleep as long as he/she wants during naps or wake them at some point?
I let her sleep. She always gets woke up by noise and loud talking etc. DH has a loud voice!

I read that it is best to let baby sleep as long as they would like. They say just because a baby may have a super long nap(s), it will not mean they will be less sleepy at night and stay up longer. Sleep promotes sleep. How do you feel about that? I never looked at it like that. I am starting to think maybe I should!

February 1st, 2013, 01:03 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Are your baby's nap times predictable (same times each day)? It is all willy nilly here which works for us I guess...

How many naps each day and for how long? usully 3-4 naps lengths vary greatly

Do you let baby sleep as long as he/she wants during naps or wake them at some point? Nope I let him sleep as much as he wants to.

I read that it is best to let baby sleep as long as they would like. They say just because a baby may have a super long nap(s), it will not mean they will be less sleepy at night and stay up longer. Sleep promotes sleep. How do you feel about that? YES YES YES sleep promotes sleep!!! If Aden only takes one nap it takes forever to get him to go to bed even tho he is exhausted.

February 1st, 2013, 04:59 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are your baby's nap times predictable (same times each day)? More or less. We get up at 6.30, and she goes back to sleep.from about 9-11. She will usually take a couple of short catnaps through the afternoon, then another hour or so in the evening.

How many naps each day and for how long? Probably about 4 naps, length depends on what is going on. She sleeps longer if i am holding her but obviously i can't do thwt all the time.

Do you let baby sleep as long as he/she wants during naps or wake them at some point? I never wake a sleeping baby, lol.

I read that it is best to let baby sleep as long as they would like. They say just because a baby may have a super long nap(s), it will not mean they will be less sleepy at night and stay up longer. Sleep promotes sleep. How do you feel about that?

True. Micah gets really cranky and overtired if she doesn't get her naps and wakes up more often in the night.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search