Family Dinner Time

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 31st, 2013, 07:03 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Whether baby is your only child or of you have older kids as well; regardless you still have a family! Let's talk about dinner time!

Do you call it dinner or supper or something else?

Does your family eat dinner together?

Do you all sit at the dinner table together?

Do you set the table?

Do you fix the plates for the family?

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top?

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes?

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all?

What time is dinner time in your household?

January 31st, 2013, 07:34 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
They are interchangeable

Does your family eat dinner together?
The kids all eat together, then Dh and I eat later after they go to bed, usually.

Do you all sit at the dinner table together?
All the kids sit at the table together

Do you set the table?
Not formally

Yes

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top?
Stove/counter

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes?
Sometimes

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all?
kids are responsible for putting dishes in the sink, I wash them all the next day.

For kids: 5, for us: between 6-8.

January 31st, 2013, 08:05 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Do you call it dinner or supper or something else? for now, I use them both, but I am sure when I am 60-something, the evening meal will be "supper" and the noon-time meal will be "dinner" - LMAO!

Does your family eat dinner together? yes

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? yes

Do you set the table? well, I guess, cups, plates utensils - seems standard! LOL

Do you fix the plates for the family? depends one what we are eating, spaghetti is something I will make at the stove, everything else is family style on the table

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? both, depends on what it is.

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? dessert is reserved for mommy and daddy after the kids are in bed! LOL the kids usually have cookies or something after dinner.

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? I do em all - well, the dishwasher does them all, but I load it.

What time is dinner time in your household? 5:45 - or as soon as DH walks in the door

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

January 31st, 2013, 08:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Do you call it dinner or supper or something else? dinner

Does your family eat dinner together? yes

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? not recently, but we are trying to get back in the habit of it again

Do you set the table? my kids set the table

Do you fix the plates for the family? dh and I do the plates for the kids, and we do our own

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? when we all eat at the table I bring it all out there

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? I very rarely do dessert. Only on special occasions

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? the kids clear the table off, and they take turns helping me load the dishwasher

What time is dinner time in your household? it is at 5

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

January 31st, 2013, 09:10 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Suppah
Does your family eat dinner together? Every night

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? yes

Do you set the table? yes

Do you fix the plates for the family? Only for the little ones.

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? Leave it on the kitchen island.

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? rarely

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? Everyone puts their dishes in the dish washer.

What time is dinner time in your household? 5:30 ish

January 31st, 2013, 10:31 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you call it dinner or supper or something else? usually dinner

Does your family eat dinner together? DH and I do for the most part, he inhales his food so its not really that long lol

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? no but we sit at the coffee table together

Do you set the table? no but when we have guests over and morethen likey when Matthew is bigger I will

Do you fix the plates for the family? usually but some things we make ourselves (fajitias, tacos ect)

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? on the stove/ counter top except fajitas, those I put on our table (coffee table) and its a serve yourself thing

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? just somtimes

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? put the dishes in the sink and I wash them

What time is dinner time in your household? it depends but between 6-8pm ish

February 1st, 2013, 09:06 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

dinner

Does your family eat dinner together? the kids always do, sometimes we all do, hard to do now though with demanding baby Kyah!

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? the kids always do, sometimes we all do, not too much lately

Do you set the table? lol, no

yep

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? it varies. most often I leave the food on the stove

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? sometimes

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? I tell the kids to wash their own, but they don't always do it. I do the dishes/pots/pans that are left when everyone is finished.

What time is dinner time in your household? Definitely varies but usually around 7-8.

February 1st, 2013, 09:11 AM
Super Mommy
Do you call it dinner or supper or something else? Both

Does your family eat dinner together? Every night

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? Most nights but sometimes we will all pile up in the family room together and eat and kids think that's awesome.

Do you set the table? Kids do

Do you fix the plates for the family? Depends on what we are having

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? Do it both ways just depends what it is

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? Probably half the time

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? Kids rotate nights of entire kitchen duty.

What time is dinner time in your household? Around 5-5:30
February 3rd, 2013, 03:37 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you call it dinner or supper or something else? In England we call the evening meal tea-time, but i've been Americanized by my dh, so we call it dinner

Does your family eat dinner together? Yes, unless dh is working late, then it's just me and the kids

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? Yes

Do you set the table? Not formally, everyone just grabs their own utensils

Do you fix the plates for the family? Yes

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? Usually the stove

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? Usually only at weekends when we have family over to eat

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? I load the dishwasher, my ds Seth has the chore of unloading it.

What time is dinner time in your household? Between 5 and 6

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 3rd, 2013, 05:38 PM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Do you call it dinner or supper or something else? Dinner

Does your family eat dinner together? Most of the time yes. Sometimes I work late and miss.

Do you all sit at the dinner table together? Yes

Do you set the table? No, just grab the pieces we need.

Do you fix the plates for the family? No we eat family style (serve ourselves)

Is your dinner (serving bowls/platters) spread out on the table or do you leave it on the stove/counter top? Depends on the vessel. Typically left on the stove.

Do you always prepare dessert as well or just sometimes? No

Does everyone do their own dishes or does one person do them all? She does them.

4:30 to 5pm

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search