Loveys

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Sherry777

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 2nd, 2013, 07:44 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Silly question...lots of you have mentioned Loveys. What are some examples? I want Cam to have one to help transition him to his crib. I've tried a blanket and he can take it or leave it.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 2nd, 2013, 08:01 AM
Mom to Madeline
Ours are the kind that have some type of stuffed animal head on the top, then it's a mini blanket....sorry, that's the best I can describe

So far, M only likes to chew on them...she could careless about napping with it
February 2nd, 2013, 08:30 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Anything can be a lovey really. Doc has the kind Ashley described. He's had it forever. I'm thinking about getting one for Paxton actually. He seems to take after his brother a lot so I'm hoping. But it can be a stuffed animal or a real blanket, anything. It's just like a security thing.

I found some old pics! Of course they're pics of pics so the quality is awful but this is four month old Doc with his lovey that he still has to this day.

Last edited by MosaicWife; February 2nd, 2013 at 08:58 AM.
February 2nd, 2013, 09:00 AM
Super Mommy
Yeah, the little blankets with a animal head in the middle. Trouble I have, I can't find one that doesn't rattle, which makes them bad sleep lovelies. We are pushing a cozy blanket for his lovey, but he has no real attachment yet. The more he wakes up and cuddles it though, I think he will.

February 2nd, 2013, 09:21 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Connor has a pacimal. It's a little stuffed dog that you can attach a paci to the back of its head, and if you don't use pacis the rubber part that holds it is good for teething. Connor loves it!
February 2nd, 2013, 10:01 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
We have the kind Ashley described as well, 3 or 4 of them. She also just has a small lovey blanket with no animal head. She really enjoys any small piece of soft fabric though, she pulls it up to her face and drifts off, it's obviously very committing to her already.
February 2nd, 2013, 10:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
tuckr has 2 loveys. one with eyore and one with a cow. he kinda just takes it or leaves it. he is sort of attached to his stuffed tigger tho..

February 2nd, 2013, 10:52 AM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
They always have to make up names for everything!!!! Lovey? Is it a marketing thing?
February 2nd, 2013, 11:13 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hmm, we have 3 of those but he has absolutely no interest in them. We'll see how this shakes out.

Maggie - just another name for something that gives them comfort.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 2nd, 2013, 01:28 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Rowan has a dog from Ikea. My other boys have the same dog. I have been sleeping with it to give it my scent and just recently started giving it to him to snuggle. My kids aren't super attached to their lovey until they get older, but I start now because I like for them to have something that gives them comfort when I am not around.

February 2nd, 2013, 04:49 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Emily has a bunny lovey that attaches to a pacifier. It's called a Bunnies by the Bay Silly Buddy and it's like a Pacimal but it's velvety and floppy. Since she could care less about paci's, I just give it to her to snuggle with and she really likes it.

She's sleeping with it as we speak:

February 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Hannah isn't attached to anything in particular, but needs to be holding something to sleep.

Alyssa still has a stuffed bunny she's had since she was tiny, and Sophia has a blankie and a teddy. Rylan doesn't need anything in particular, but has about 5 stuffed animals he picks from
February 3rd, 2013, 08:22 PM
Jfolk826's Avatar Kayleigh & Kendyle's Mom
My oldest has (2) of the exact same care bear blanket she calls them her silky, she will not sleep without one of them and she even always has one in her back pack at school. it is silky on one side and fleece on the other, My youngest daughter has (2) of the small blankets with the animal heads on them, and a bigger blanket that is really soft on one side, and then like a cotton material on the other, and she has to have them all day everyday, they are always by her no matter what she is doing. Dj had 3 of the small blanets with the animal heads on them, one of them is tigger, he isn't picky about which one he has with him, but he like to rub one of them by his face when he is trying to go to sleep, and if he is in his saucer or his swing he likes to hold on to them and chew on them.

February 3rd, 2013, 11:01 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa loves her taggies, which are small blankets with looped tags on them. She takes her taggies everywhere!
aubers68 likes this.

February 4th, 2013, 04:39 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Summer really likes her taggie lovey as well. Tiny blanket with tags and an animals head on top

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search