Let's talk about poop!!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 7th, 2013, 04:44 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Micah is an explosive pooper!

Every single time she goes, it shoots right out the back of her diaper. Like, every single time without exception. And she goes a lot. Today she went four times. I have tried just about every brand of diaper, and I have tried doing them up more tightly and loosely, but nothing makes a difference. I guess it's just something I have to live with, but it mkes it hard to go out because i'm always worried she will poop everywhere. A few days ago I had her in the carrier while we were out shopping and I heard the familiar gurgling sound. I rushed back to the car, but it was too late. Me, her and the carrier were covered!

Does anyone else's baby do this? I am hoping once she starts eating more solid food her poop won't be as runny!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 7th, 2013, 06:12 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I actually have NEVER had to deal with a leaky diaper, with the exception of pee in the morning when he needs the next size up! His poop was more solid than I wanted it to be before but when I switched formulas, it went back to a more pastey consistency. I don't know if I could deal with explosive poo all the time!!! It would drive me crazy! Are all her clothes stained?

February 8th, 2013, 12:39 AM
Yes I keep a bucket in the laundry room aand toss all her clothes in, then wash them all at night. I have been spraying them with stain remover as well, but all her white shirts have a lovely yellow patch on the back. If it was sunny, some sunlight would probably fade it but it's winter in England, soooo....lol.

February 8th, 2013, 01:08 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was definitely going to recommend some sun! I accidentally bought a night gown for Remy at a garage sale that had a big patch on the butt, but I set it outside and it was gone within hours! Too bad there is not a lot of sun right now!

February 8th, 2013, 02:54 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh boo no fun! I had that happen a couple times when Matthew wad a newborn (Im switching the newborn cloth diapers we have for the next baby) but I haven't had that issue since hes been in his flips. I use cloth diapers so it 'contains' the mess better then sposies... I have had a tiny leak with his flips when the juice from the poop would wet the leg gusset and it would seep onto his clothes. Not bad though and I haven't had that issue for quite sometime. And now that hes eating solids to he has that peanut butter type poo so it doesn't go anywhere lol.

February 8th, 2013, 07:22 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Linc was blowing out everytime before we switched to cloth, now it all stays in! woohoo!

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 8th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kyah is also in cloth diapers. We do occasionally have blow outs though. She has one poop a day. Sometimes it is a lot at once! When it gets on her clothes I wash them immediately and we have no stains. As far as the diapers i can still wash them every other day and not one is stained. And I don't soak them at all either. So, yay for that!
3Sapphires likes this.

February 8th, 2013, 09:57 AM
Where did you all get your cloth diapers from? Would it still be worth it if i started now, beig that she's already five months?

February 8th, 2013, 02:40 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh definitely! Get one size diapers and they grow with your baby to potty training. I get mine from cottonbabies.com they have all the supplies you need to cloth diaper. You can also get used ones to,I know diaperswappers.com is a great one to check. Cottonbabies also has used ones to (there ggently used). You can just Google it and theres lots of places to get them.

I LOVE using cloth and its so much cheaper then sposies to in the long run. Its a bigger initial cost but one time. Theres such a variety out there to and you can get started with like 100 bucks even less sometimes. (I dont know what that is in uk currency though sorry!)

February 11th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl77 View Post
Where did you all get your cloth diapers from? Would it still be worth it if i started now, beig that she's already five months?
It would still be worth it to switch now imo. I got most of mine from ebay. They are one size pockets. So, they grow with baby. They were all new. I bought the bamboo inserts separate, also on ebay. The microfiber inserts that came with them are just not absorbent enough. You could try ordering a couple to test them out and see how you like them. On ebay, you can get them as low as $1.00, seriously. That is with free shipping. Just search cloth diapers on there. The bamboo inserts can run around $3-$5 each unless you buy a "lot", which can be like 4-5 inserts for around $10-$15.

February 12th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks, i am going to have a look tonight! I was worried about the extra laundry, but if i'm washing all her clothes every time she goes anyway it won't make much difference.

February 12th, 2013, 10:45 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
I've heard of mom's putting cloth diaper covers over sposies to hold it in. Thirsties are a good brand.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search