Earlier bed time

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2013, 04:02 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lately Remy's bedtime has just gotten earlier and earlier. He went from 8 to 7:15 to 7 and the past few days he has been inconsolable at night before bed so I put him down at 6 and he was passed out within minutes of his bottle! Anyone else have little ones who are going to bed super early these days? I hope it doesn't come back to bite us later but I would prefer a sleeping baby now over a screaming one!

February 10th, 2013, 05:17 PM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Naomi has always gone to bed super early. It was 5:30 but I have finally got it a little better at 6:30-7..

February 10th, 2013, 07:44 PM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I wish Evelyn would go to bed at a decent time the earliest she will go to bed is 9:00 latest being 10:30 I dont get any me time because she just won't go to sleep earlier. If I try putting her down earlier she wakes up within 5 mins of being put in bed. :/
February 10th, 2013, 07:45 PM
Good to know! He has woken up twice since 6 but only needed a pacifier to go back to sleep. I think we are also going through the 4 month sleep regression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Reasons2Smile View Post
I wish Evelyn would go to bed at a decent time the earliest she will go to bed is 9:00 latest being 10:30 I dont get any me time because she just won't go to sleep earlier. If I try putting her down earlier she wakes up within 5 mins of being put in bed. :/
That has to be hard, I feel for you! I value that time to myself so much. Sometimes I look at the clock and I'm like ok, a couple more hours and I can do whatever I want! That usually involves eating and cleaning haha. Hopefully Evelyn will start going down earlier as she grows!

February 10th, 2013, 08:08 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Matthew isthe exact same as miss Evelyn! Between 9-10:30pm hes in bed but has gone to almost midnight (outings) but will NOT go to bed any earlier! Its so hard to because I have to wait unit hes bed to have me time which usually consists of cleaning, washing diapers, making baby food and ill take a shower or a bath and get on jm sometimes as well. I dont really do anything else (its already to late and I want sleep to)

February 10th, 2013, 09:47 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kyah is a night owl, obviously! She usually goes to sleep at around 11:00. Lately, her schedule has been way off. For about 2 weeks she has been going to sleep at around midnight to 1:00 a.m. Once she went to sleep at about 9:30 and I was thinking for sure she would get back up that night. She did sleep through the night though, but that was ONE time!!

Napping has gotten so bad!! She takes one long nap in the mornings and then takes about 3-4 cat naps lasting no longer than 20 minutes. This girl just doesn't want to miss out on anything I guess, lol!

I would love for Kyah to have a decent bedtime *sigh*

February 11th, 2013, 04:13 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
he may be having a growth spurt, or he may just like his sleep.

What is the nap schedule like?

Linc takes one long nap - about 4hours every day, and then gos to bed about 8 and sleeps till 7 or 8.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 11th, 2013, 08:20 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That sounds so nice, ashley! Micah has been falling asleep earlier too, about 8.30 instead of 10ish, but she will not sleep by herself so she sleeps on my lap until I'm ready to go to bed. I can't get anything done but at least i can get some downtime and watch a movie or something. Remy sounds like a great sleeper, you are lucky

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 11th, 2013, 06:37 PM
I think a growth spurt might be what's going on, actually! He's always been a pretty good sleeper, but last night he woke up 3 different times for a bottle. I keep anticipating this 4 month sleep regression so maybe that's what we are in right now. Who knows! I tried to put him down at 6:15ish tonight because he was cranky, but he kept waking up and fussing like crazy until finally I fed him some more at 7 and he's been asleep since.

February 12th, 2013, 05:45 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Bailey has a 7:30 bedtime, as my boys do, too, and we've always worked to have all the kids on the same nap and sleep schedule. Of course, Bailey needs more naps than my 2 year old, but it's nice when their long afternoon naps coincide. I get to clean and get dinner made, etc, while I let them sleep and my oldest two have their tv time.

She would probably go to bed earlier, but we are so routine oriented in our house (for my oldest DS's sanity and mine, as we are both Aspies) so we start working out feeding and sleeping routines from birth. I must say it makes for an easy newborn/baby stage for us! Of course, there's always flexibility for nursings when they're going through growth spurts and genuinely hungry (and you can distinctly tell Bailey's hungry cry from her sleepy cry), but the sleeping babies have been heaven for us over the last 7 years!!!! We are blessed to have such great sleepers in our house.

If you'd like his bedtime a little later, then just gradually work him into a routine that pushes it back about 15min every few days until you get him going to bed at the time you want him to. Usually most babies need about 10-12hours or so at night, so aim for that goal if you need him up at a certain time every morning.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

Last edited by RunningMommyTo5; February 12th, 2013 at 05:47 AM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search