Relief!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By writerchick324

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2013, 07:13 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tim got rid of the dog. I had posted a while back that I hated the dog he had brought home. Well, a few days ago did it in. We kept him in the second bathroom with a board up while we were both at work. He has done it before and been fine, no accidents. But Friday he: Bit a hole in our $100 air mattress my dad was sleeping on (visiting us) then pooped/peed on it. Then pooped/peed on our bed. The diarrhead in the living room and shot some on some storage we had, a toy of eliott's and some stuff for my SIL. Then tracked poop all over the couch including between the back cushions that don't come off. Chewed Tims favorite headphones and backscratcher then ate some of Tims special putty he got from his physical therapist that is formable but turns much softer when left sitting so it sinks down...and he tracked that onto the carpet so hot pink sunk into our carpet...

I told him he had to go. Tim cleaned it all, he was a good sport about it but that was it for me.He offerred getting a kennel with our tax return but I told him no. Tim found a good place for him at his coworkers house who has another dog and fenced yard so Sampson can play. He loves other dogs. I think he will have a better deal there than at our house but Tim says he will resent me for a while for making him get rid of his dog. I told him from the get go it was a trial basis though. I feel horrible, I would never want to make a person get rid of their pet but it was caausing problems. I was grumpy al the time with the dog being here.

Do you (honestly, I'm prepared to hear both sides!) Think it was okay for me to put my foot down and tell him to get rid of the dog he had for 3 months? He got as a large puppy that he found...who had followed him around and waited for him to return at the end of his work day? Or do you think that a man needs a best friend like that with few close friends?

We plan on getting another dog a few years from now but I want to plan for it first. :-)

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

February 14th, 2013, 07:43 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You did the right thing. My gosh, i would have been done too, that is gross! I actually put our dog up for adoption today. I've had enough for multiple reasons i won't bore you with, but i have reached my breaking point. My dh doesn't agree but he doesn't have to walk her, or clean up her mess. Ok, it's a nice that you wanted your husband to have a doggy companion, but not every dog is a good fit for every household. Wait until elliott is a bit older and you i bet you can find a great dog for them both. don't feel bad!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 14th, 2013, 12:03 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think you did the right thing to. That is so ridiculous! I would have been LIVID! I would be so mad if my DH came homewith a pet that we didnt discuss first, expecialy when I would be the one taking care of it.

I am an animal person and feel like my dog is my child to but I'm sorry the welfare of my human baby comes first expecialy whe the dog is destroying the house and spreading poop everywhere!

I'm sorry it had to come to that for you guys but I think you were in the right on this one.

February 14th, 2013, 12:52 PM
I am glad that other's don't see me at fault being that I feel so guilty about it. I used to have a ton of animals, and I would not want to give away any of them. We discussed it from the beginning where I said the dog would be his responsibility but once the dog got sick and had to stay in, he was my full responsibility. I got tired of taking care of him. Tim would keep me up with his snoring so I relied on the 2-3 hours of sleep Elliott gave me after Tim went to work and Ell had his bottle (we'd go back to bed). But about 45 minutes later, when I would start to fall asleep, Sampson would decide to start scratching and wanting to go potty again (just gone out). So now I can catch up on my sleep in the morning!

I feel so relieved. I know Tim is upset with me and I feel horrible but I know I will be so much happier now!

February 14th, 2013, 01:34 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You'll feel guilty because of his reaction to giving up his dog, but I agree that you did the right thing in the long run!

February 16th, 2013, 09:06 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You did the right thing imo!! As you know, I also had similar problems with 2 puppies DH brought home a few months back. I have since gotten rid of one of them. I can't get rid of the other because DH gave him to our ds and it is his dog. I refuse to break his heart! He is just a little boy!

I definitely think you did the right thing though!

February 17th, 2013, 08:43 AM
Thank you guys, I am feeling much better about the decision now, and he even admitted that it was nice to sleep in since he didn't have to get up twice to tell Sampson to be quiet then take him out early in the AM. I feel better now that I have no dog to worry about either! Definitely the right choice and Tim doesn't seem to hurt about it like I thought he was going to.

Glad you got rid of one dog, Michelle! Sucks you couldn't get rid of the other, but it's an understandable situation. Hopefully he can help with chores that involve the dog
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

February 19th, 2013, 11:08 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think the situation would have been different if the dog was crate trained from the time he was brought home. When I have puppies, they are in the crate every time we are away from the house and also during bedtime if they still can't hold their bladder.

Dogs are still puppies for at least the first 2 years of their lives, so it does take a lot of time (and frustration sometimes) to fully train them.

On that note, if you didn't have the time or energy to train the dog, then it was absolutely the right choice to give him up. It sounds like he has a wonderful new home

February 19th, 2013, 11:42 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our puppy (the one we still have, Max), just chewed up my wicker laundry bin and pulled out the laundry. Then he went and got one of the pillows that goes to our couch, bit a huge hole in it, and pulled out all of the stuffing. I got him a dog house. He refuses to go inside of it. How cold is too cold for a dog to be outside in the yard with a doghouse? Will he eventually go in the dog house?

Ugh, I am just disgusted. We actually thought he was trained he has been so well behaved for the past week or so.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search