Solids question

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2013, 09:02 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Those of you who are feeding solids, how often are your LOs getting them? And what time of day? Has it helped them sleep better at night?

My Ovulation Chart
February 15th, 2013, 10:15 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
solids have made no difference on Lincoln's sleep schedule.

I usually only give some food at dinner time, once in a while lunch. once he is 6 months I'll start some yogurt and then give him either lunch or breakfast daily in addition to dinner.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 15th, 2013, 10:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Mason gets just a little baby cereal before bed. I dont think it helps much with his sleeping but could be wrong

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

February 15th, 2013, 12:02 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Micah gets a few spoonfuls of fruit or veggies at dinner time. I also tried her with a piece of toast today and she loved it . I started her on solids a few weeks ago but it hasn't made any difference to her sleep schedule yet. She still wakes up to be fed 2-3 times in the night.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 15th, 2013, 12:22 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Matthew gets 1 baby bullet jar (2oz) twice a day. Around 10-11 am then between 6-8pm. He loves it and eats it all lol

As for sleep hes been sleeping through the night since he was a couple weeks old. For his 3rd monthhe wwasn't fully satisfied with just nursing and was eating constantly! After I started solids with him he went back to normal again and is 'fuller' now

February 16th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kyah gets baby food once a day. She was taking about an ounce, now she is taking about 2 ounces. It has no effect on her sleeping schedule. She opens her mouth wide for every bite and screams her head off when it is gone!! I mean she has a huge fit every single time the food is gone.
3Sapphires likes this.

February 17th, 2013, 09:15 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Elliott just ate 8 ounces of bananas yesterday. I wanted to see if he knew it was actual food since he normally would eat 4 ounces then drink a 6 oz bottle right after. He seemed full after 8 ounces of baby food (2 gerber jars).

He didn't like first foods that much and seems to like 2nd foods more. I give it to him once in a while, maybe for a lunch or something every couple days.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

February 17th, 2013, 11:59 AM
you want to make sure you offer the food after a bottle or nursing. Breastmilk or formula should be the primary source of nutrition for the first year.

8 ounces of baby food in one sitting seems like way too much for a less then 6 month old.

Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 17th, 2013, 06:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Sapphires View Post
you want to make sure you offer the food after a bottle or nursing. Breastmilk or formula should be the primary source of nutrition for the first year.

8 ounces of baby food in one sitting seems like way too much for a less then 6 month old.

Every mom has their own way of doing things. I am not going to fret over it, it was a one time thing and I have not completely replaced all of his meals with it. It had probably been 3 or 4 days since the last time he had had baby food and I know eating it this one time is not going to damage him any. Like I had said, I had wanted to see if he responded to it like he does with his bottle. Quite often, he will drink 8-10 oz.

February 18th, 2013, 03:48 PM
Just make sure you offer a bottle first then food, I don't think there is any pediatrician in the country that would say otherwise.

February 18th, 2013, 09:59 PM
When I discussed baby food with with ped, he did say to give him as much as he wanted. He did not mention which order it needed to be in. He is full after his bottle so I do not know why I woud try to make him eat baby food after that.

I dunno, I am not worried and not going to discuss it further. I appreciate the advice and you looking out for Elliott. :-)

February 19th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I also feed solids first and then offer him the breast. He would never show interest in/eat solids if he has filled up on nursing. And he did need something extra...I was trying to hold off on solids until six months but after nursing almost hourly for a few weeks I gave in and started some baby food. He still nurses at least every 2-3 hours in spite of eating solids twice a day so I'm not worried that he's not getting enough breastmilk.

My Ovulation Chart

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search