So yeah... how late is really late when...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree8Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2013, 07:08 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
How late is really late when it's only like your 5th period after giving birth? I'm on CD 33 and normally I always had a 28-29 day cycle. But then again, my periods have been all over the place since giving birth. I was 2 days late, then 3 days late, then right on time, then 5 days early! But even on the late ones I could feel it coming on for days before hand. I thought I had some pains a few days ago but now nothing!

But the thing is, we've been going at it like rabbits the last week or so, during what I was sure was my fertile time (I had egg white CM), but we always used a condom. And I was sure that was fine...howEVER... I just talked to one of my best friends who gave birth only 6 weeks before me and she told me the long story about how she got PG. I guess she was doing everything a lot of other ladies do while trying to get PG, only she was doing it all to AVOID getting PG! She charted her temps, her CM, and they always used condoms. Well, I guess that didn't work.

So now because she told me that, i worry the condom wasn't enough. So... how late is late when you don't know how long your cycle really is right now? And another question; how long after birth does it take for your cycle to go back to normal?

February 21st, 2013, 09:08 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm, there's always a chance!

I'm still waiting on PPAF, due to BF-ing, so not sure, but hope it all works out!

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

February 21st, 2013, 09:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I dont think there is a good answer for that unless you test!
AllyssaM likes this.

February 22nd, 2013, 02:00 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
It can take up to a year for your body to go back to normal.

But having said that, you're definitely late.

You're not going to know one way or the other unless you test hon! xxx

February 22nd, 2013, 02:32 AM
NICURNmommy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck finding out...let us know what happens
February 22nd, 2013, 04:02 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Test!!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 22nd, 2013, 04:45 AM
First of all, congrats on having a sex drive! Most nights I'd will rather sleep. I'd go ahead and test. At least that way you'll know. My period is still all over the place too. Good luck!
February 22nd, 2013, 04:57 AM
Super Mommy
Mine were 6 weeks apart after Nathan so there is a chance it's just late but I'm w/ the others, test to be sure.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
February 22nd, 2013, 08:02 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
My first few pp af's went somethink like...45 days, 48 days then 35. Now my 4th af came exactly on time! My question is...why would she bother to chart and temp if using condoms?

Ive done a lot of research about it (because I was nervous I was preg but we use condoms) and Ive determined that if they dont break, no sperm can get through. However. only a tiny sized hole in the condom can render it useless. Good luck either way!

February 22nd, 2013, 08:27 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I was very irregular before Leo and Haven't really noticed much difference now. If anything I would say that my cycle is getting more normal now....
Good luck trying to get yours to normal....
February 22nd, 2013, 02:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Julie View Post
My question is...why would she bother to chart and temp if using condoms?

!
Because she didn't want to get PG at all. She wasn't supposed to. So she was doing everything possible to make sure it didn't happen. They avoided having sex during her fertile times, but I guess it all just didn't work.

I don't know if I really want to test. I feel like I'd be upset if it was negative, even though we want to wait for another baby until at least summer. But if I take the test, I'd just get my hopes up. I'm sure I'm not...but then the last two times I honestly thought I wasn't, I was wrong lol.

February 22nd, 2013, 02:27 PM
emeraldeyedimp's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am normally EXTREMELY regular, even after having my first two but this time around I'm early a few days or late too. Testing is the only way to be sure but if you have been really irregular I'd wait at least a few days after AF is suppose to show.

Thanks to Jaques for the super cute siggy. Marshall is loving being paired with Hannah, she is super sweet.
February 22nd, 2013, 03:37 PM
AF should have been here on CD 28-29 normally for me. This is CD 34 now and still nothing and no PMS cramps I normally get for 4-5 days before hand. Oh well, guess it's just going to be a really late AF this time.

February 22nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
babygreenes.mommy
Woman dont make me hunt you down to force you to poas!!! Haha
February 22nd, 2013, 10:27 PM
OK, ok... so if I still have no signs by Sunday, I'll break down and get a test, alright? But give me another day. I really don't want to go through that if I don't need to. I'm just telling myself there's no way I'm PG. Can't be. Not happening.

February 23rd, 2013, 05:04 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I'm waiting!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 23rd, 2013, 05:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I hope it all works out Tina xxx

At least if you test you know one way or the other. That's not so bad as not knowing and worrying about it xxx

February 23rd, 2013, 04:23 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I hope it all works out for you!
February 23rd, 2013, 08:28 PM
Thanks, ladies. I want another baby but not just yet. But if it happened, I wouldn't be upset. I'd be so happy! But... Elias would have to share his room. We only have the 2. But I know lots of people I went to school with shared rooms with siblings. It's only the kids these days that seem to think they need their own everything! Spoiled things. I would love to have a reason to buy bunk beds

February 24th, 2013, 05:06 AM
babygreenes.mommy
i shared a room with my younger brother until i was 13 years old...definately not by choice, but we only had a 3 bedroom house and i had 3 brothers, and given the fact that my older brothers were getting into EVERYTHING, my mother saw it best that i still shared a room with my little brother. i hated it but whatever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search