Opinions please!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 4 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By LadyCoconut
  • 1 Post By babygreenes.mommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 22nd, 2013, 05:11 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I had my mom here last weekend with a friend of mine who is about 25 weeks pregnant. This was just before I got my BFP.
We started talking about having me having another baby. I'm not sure how that came up but my mother made a comnent that I wouldn't want my kids too closely spaced and asked where I would put a second child in our two bedroom place. It almost felt like she was discouraging me from having a second baby right away.
With Finn I told my parents when I was just over 6 weeks pregnant. We see them often so I can't hide it for long.
I ordered a t-shirt online for Finn reading I'm going to be a big brother. My mom's birthday is March 13th and I wanted to surprise her then when my brothers and sister are there.
FACEBOOK WON'T KNOW UNTIL I AM OVER 12 WEEKS.
What do you think?

February 22nd, 2013, 05:29 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I think momma is going to support her baby bird, regardless. Moms are built to look at all aspects of things, so I don't think she was discouraging, probably just wondering.

Aaaaand, no disrespect to your mom, but regardless of what she thinks, it's YOUR family, for YOU to worry about, not her.
February 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I wouldn't worry about what she thinks, you're an adult, who can provide for your family. Her concerns are just Mum thoughts, I'm sure she will be happy and excited. The t-shirt sounds like a good idea.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
February 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like a plan to me! Hopefully she will have the appropriate reaction despite how SHE would have chosen to space babies.
therevslady likes this.

February 22nd, 2013, 06:08 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Ditto!

February 22nd, 2013, 06:12 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sounds like a good plan! I'm sure she'll be ecstatic when you tell her.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 22nd, 2013, 06:23 PM
The funny thing is we're 5 kids and my brother and I are 13 months apart! LOL!
Maybe she is just being a worry wart.

February 22nd, 2013, 06:31 PM
Jfolk826's Avatar Kayleigh & Kendyle's Mom
I love the t-shirt idea. I think it will be a super cute way to tell them!

February 22nd, 2013, 06:32 PM
babygreenes.mommy
Yeah I think she just made a comment based on her own experience. My older brothers are only 13 months apart and my mom told me how hard it was raising them that close, but that once she got into a routine and had them both on a schedule, it was fine.

I wouldn't worry too much what she thinks, although I'm pretty much the same way LOL. I'm sure when you do tell her, she will be supportive and excited for you. As far as the 2 bedroom situation...in my case, for example, the new baby will sleep in mine and Eric's room until she/he starts sleeping through the night, just like Athena did. When sleeping through the night happens, the baby can go in the same room as the older child. Even if they are opposite genders, it won't matter until they get a little older.
1fabulousfem likes this.
February 22nd, 2013, 06:38 PM
Sarah, have you spilled the beans yet, and why aren't you on my FB?

February 22nd, 2013, 06:44 PM
babygreenes.mommy
Yeah I did a while ago...but only to my mother, step father, Eric's mother and step father, and my mom told 1 of my brothers. Not everyone knows yet. I'm still keeping it off facebook, which is why you aren't on there. I know you would tell!!! LMAO, nahh just joking. Idk why we aren't on each others facebook. I don't know where everyone is on there. Are you on Maddies?
February 23rd, 2013, 05:40 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Aww I'm sure she'll be thrilled! There are up and down sides to closely spaced or widely spaced, you just have to decide what's best for your family. I wish Daniel had a sibling closer in age but it wasn't to be. Think of the benefits to Finn of having a playmate who'll be into the same things as him as they grow up. I'm sure your mom will think more about that side of things once she knows. I defy any grandparent not to get excited about a new grandchild!

February 23rd, 2013, 08:35 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
What a great b-day gift! Im sure she will love it! Moms try to tell us things to make it easier on us...but we all make our own rules and so did they!!!

February 23rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Super Mommy
I'm sure she'll be excited once she knows. My MIL was kind of like that when we told her about Abby, but she got really excited after she got over the shock.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
February 23rd, 2013, 04:33 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
It may take some "adjusting" but then I'm sure she'll come around and be excited!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search