Owlbert in Middle Tennesse

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree21Likes
  • 12 Post By Cylence
  • 1 Post By Jessimaaka
  • 1 Post By Mom2JDub
  • 1 Post By Kas710
  • 1 Post By babygreenes.mommy
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By magz88
  • 2 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By newmommysarah

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
(You can click the pictures to enlarge them, using my flickr)

Owlbert arrived in Tennesse, at our home, on a very cold day in January. Taryn was taking a nap, so he settled right in and joined her for a nap. When they woke up, Taryn was very curious about her new friend.

They quickly became such great friends. Taryn enjoyed having nightly slumber parties with Owlbert. The two would talk & play in her room until they passed out, most nights.

Shortly after his arrival, Eric & I got very very sick, so he & Taryn stayed a week with Granny & Grandpa. Granny said they would play all the time. Owlbert really helped Taryn when she was missing mommy and daddy. Once everyone was feeling better, Taryn & Owlbert returned home. They loved playtime and really were the best of friends.

(some of the 'play' photos are from granny & grandpa's house)

Taryn wanted Owlbert to see some of the history in our area, so we visited Stones River National Battlefield and Cannonsburgh.
Stones River National Battlefield was site to one of the major battles in the civil war and began on December 31, 1862. Each year, they do a (family friendly) re-enactment. It's also pretty haunted, coming from experience. People like to walk the grounds at night (even though it's completely against the rules and you can get into some serious trouble for it) and New Years Eve is one of the most popular times to go. You can hear cannons going off and sometimes even battle cries. It's pretty spooky at night, but it's beautiful to walk/drive/bike through during the day.

Cannonsburgh Village is a a representation of life from 1830-1930 and contains some historically significant buildings, to its time period, including an original school house, chapel, town hall, telephone operator's home, doctor's home, general store and more. They've set up a museum in each building (as well as it's own small one) to show what life was like for the pioneers. They offer guided tours, but we just walked around the outside, a bit, since it was a little chilly.
Cannonsburgh is also the original name for Murfreesboro and the original capitol of Tennessee. It used to be home to the largest Cedar Bucket in the world until it was burned down, several years ago. Each year, it is also home to Uncle Dave Macon Days, a yearly festival that began in 1978 "which celebrates the banjo-plucking Opry star Uncle Dave Macon with banjo, clogging and buckdancing competitions and showcases" as well as local vendors.

On our way home, we stopped off at the geographical center of TN.

Owlbert was so helpful, during his stay. He accompanied Taryn to her 6mth appt and cheered her on for growing almost a full inch! Owlbert cuddled with her afterwards, since her shots wore her out.

He helped out as my assistant during a photoshoot and had so much fun, he decided to model a few of the items himself!

Owlbert kept Taryn company on our grocery trips and even got to meet a celebrity!

On his last day with us, Owlbert wanted to pick up a gift for his next friend, Tuckr, and Taryn helped him out. As we said our last goodbyes to Owlbert, Taryn got a little sad, but was happy to have made a new friend

February 24th, 2013, 04:14 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Looks like he had tons of fun with you guys
Cylence likes this.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 24th, 2013, 06:12 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
What a great trip! Looks like he had a great time with Taryn.
Cylence likes this.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
February 24th, 2013, 07:56 AM
How cute that you ladies do this! I love it!
Cylence likes this.
February 24th, 2013, 11:20 AM
babygreenes.mommy
Ohh I wish I had signed up for Owlbert!!
Cylence likes this.
February 24th, 2013, 12:01 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
I love it! The pics are great, looks like she did enjoy Owlbert!
Cylence likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
February 24th, 2013, 04:45 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
That's awesome, Jacque! I love his photo shoot hat!
Cylence likes this.
February 25th, 2013, 12:58 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Awww, she looks like she really loved him! Glad you guys had fun and I love the pics of your local places of interest. Love him modelling the hair band and hat - could be a new career for him when he's finished his trip around the world!!!

TFS Jacque xxx
newmommysarah and Cylence like this.

February 25th, 2013, 02:44 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
Looks like he was very entertained. Great pics.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

February 28th, 2013, 03:24 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what adorable pics - love the little one of him in the well bucket
Cylence likes this.

...and baby number 2

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search