Update on me and Emily

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By ufmelissa824

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 24th, 2013, 05:05 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I know I haven't been around as much lately and I just wanted to fill you guys in on what's been going on with our little family. A few weeks ago, my company merged with one of it's international partners and since the new owner has a fully-staffed marketing department that handles North American marketing/communications in Baltimore, my position as a Marketing Director was eliminated and I was laid off.

It's been really stressful since DH is in school full-time and I have always been the primary earner in our household, but my company did give me a generous severance package so we should be able to stay afloat for a few more months. I've gotten interviews for 3 of the 4 jobs I've applied for so far, so hopefully something will work out soon. If I don't get something soon, we might have to start looking into relocating, which I really don't want to do.

Emily's school was paid up through the end of February so it's given me a lot of time to job search (and work on a free-lance website and social media project for my BIL) but as of this Friday, I'll be a SAHM until I find something. It's really weird not having a job to go to everyday...I've had a full-time job for so many years (even during undergrad and grad school) and I've always been really career-oriented and enjoyed working. I love spending more time with Emily but I really kind of miss going to work every day

February 24th, 2013, 05:14 PM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Oh, Melissa, I'm sorry this happened.

It seems too many of us and/or our spouses have gone through lay-offs since we became a DDC. It's such a stressful thing, compounded by having a new baby.

I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason. So I hope that you'll enjoy your time as a temporary SAHM and find yourself in another fabulous job soon. Good luck on your interviews.

Last edited by Mom2JDub; February 24th, 2013 at 05:19 PM.
February 24th, 2013, 06:51 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Oh wow, that must be so stressful

Enjoy your extra time with Emily, I'm sure you will get one of those three positions...if not all of them Good luck and keep us posted!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 24th, 2013, 07:07 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Oh gosh Melissa, I am so sorry I can imagine how hard it is for you to not have a job to go to, harder emotionally than anything else. You poor thing I hope this only means that you outgrew that job and now a better one is out there just waiting for you, and in the mean time at least you can rest a little and spend time with Emily.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

February 24th, 2013, 08:31 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
*hugs!* I hope you can enjoy your time as a temporary ASHMa, and that one of those positions works out for you!
February 24th, 2013, 09:39 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
maybe it will be a blessing in disguise! I truly believe everything happens for a reason and I hope you find that true here too! I think there is just something better in store for you
February 25th, 2013, 01:30 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I'm sorry, Melissa. I really hope one of your interviews leads to a new position soon, and that all works out for the best xx

February 25th, 2013, 11:15 AM
Super Mommy
I'm praying for you. *hugs*

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
February 25th, 2013, 11:37 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies! I also believe that everything happens for a reason so I'm hoping this will lead to a better opportunity.
Mom2JDub likes this.

February 25th, 2013, 01:49 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
That's awful news! Good luck with your job search, I am sure you'll find something soon!

Pinterest
Flickr

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search