~Mommy of the Week: Spotlight is on Ashley - smashley8!~(2/25-3/3)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By smashley8
  • 2 Post By smashley8

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 25th, 2013, 06:57 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our Spotlight Mommy of the week is Ashley (smashley8)! This is your chance to get to know her even better! Everyone ask questions! You can ask as many questions as you like. Asked one then thought of another? Come back and post it too

Post your questions here, ladies!

February 25th, 2013, 05:45 PM
Hi Ashley!!
- How did you and your DH meet?
- How many kids do you see yourself having?
- What is your favorite meal? Snack?
- What types of things do you enjoy doing when you have free time?
- Do you collect anything?
- What is your favorite song?

February 25th, 2013, 05:50 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Why did you guys pick Remy?
Where are you from and where do you live now?
Do you have any pets?
What is your favorite movie?
What is your favorite place to go/do with your hubby?

February 25th, 2013, 08:10 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay!!!

- How did you and your DH meet? - We started dating in 8th grade after he and one of my good friends broke up. She always used to have me be the 3rd wheel and he started liking me more, but it took him a couple months (forever in a middle schooler's eyes!) to break up with her and ask me out! We've had our break ups and our ups and downs but I am so happy to have grown up with my first love!
- How many kids do you see yourself having? - For a while I questioned if I wanted more. Babies are very difficult and I don't even have a high needs child, haha. But I don't think I could go through life not experiencing this joy again and letting Remy have a brother or sister! I think we will probably have 2 kids.
- What is your favorite meal? Snack? - I love Mexican food and Tex Mex places like Moe's! My favorite meal at home is spaghetti, hot sausage and garlic bread. Favorite snack is probably Apple and peanut butter!
- What types of things do you enjoy doing when you have free time? - I love going to movies, out to eat, surfing around on the Internet and I used to be a huge reader but I don't find myself doing that much right now. I also love to shop!!! Even grocery shop.
- Do you collect anything? - I have a Christmas village but I can't buy anymore until I get a bigger house!
- What is your favorite song? - Hard to say! Right now it's anything Bruno Mars. Love him!
aquariussweety21 likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 07:16 AM
Why did you guys pick Remy? I heard it at a daycare I went to for my job and fell in love with it, so as soon as I got pregnant it came to mind. My husband took some convincing but I won him over!
Where are you from and where do you live now? - I was born in Arizona but I live in upstate NY in the town I grew up in.
Do you have any pets? - I have 2 cats, Daisy and Yoshi!
What is your favorite movie? - That's hard! Probably That Thing You Do and The Notebook
What is your favorite place to go/do with your hubby? - Go to the movies and out to eat!
aquariussweety21 likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 08:53 AM
Ashley, wow amazing way to meet your husband! So, now I am curious! Are you still friends with that girl? Do the two of you still hang out?

I also love Bruno Mars

February 26th, 2013, 05:41 PM
We actually stayed friends for a while after that, she was surprisingly understanding about it all haha! But no, we aren't friends now... last I heard she was a druggie I have no idea what she's up to now!

February 26th, 2013, 10:59 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Oh thats sad about your friend im sorry.

And thats amazing how long you have known your hubby!

Is there any friends from middle or high school you still talk to?

February 27th, 2013, 02:39 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I think it is so sweet that you have been together since middleschool.

How did your hubby propose?

What kind of wedding did you have?

What kind of vehicle do you drive? Do you like it or want something different?

Do you enjoy living in NY or would you like to move somewhere else?

February 27th, 2013, 05:17 AM
JoLina, yes we have quite a few good friends from high school that we still talk to and are close with! Most of us stayed right in this area and have all started having babies.

How did your hubby propose? He had the ring for a month or more and was trying to plan something special, but he finally just couldn't wait any longer and proposed while we were at home! It was sweet and it was so him the way he did it, so I don't really care that I don't have some huge proposal story!

What kind of wedding did you have? We had our reception at a local science museum, it was amazing because our food stations were all located around this big dinosaur exhibit! So while you got your food you were surrounded by huge dinosaurs!

What kind of vehicle do you drive? Do you like it or want something different? I have a Subaru Impreza hatchback and I love it, I just got it last year before Remy was born. I needed something safer for both of us.

Do you enjoy living in NY or would you like to move somewhere else? I do like where I live, despite the snow! I'd take snow over hurricanes, tornados, floods, etc. any day! If I could move anywhere else it would be Arizona, where I was born.
jojo2bee and aquariussweety21 like this.

February 27th, 2013, 01:10 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
What's your favorite part of the day?
Do you like waking up early or staying up late for some alone time?
What is a hobby you have taken up?
Do you find yourself trying to mimic any particular relative/friend's parenting style?
Do you do your hair and makeup most days or keep things casual?
February 27th, 2013, 02:23 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post

How did your hubby propose? He had the ring for a month or more and was trying to plan something special, but he finally just couldn't wait any longer and proposed while we were at home! It was sweet and it was so him the way he did it, so I don't really care that I don't have some huge proposal story!

What kind of wedding did you have? We had our reception at a local science museum, it was amazing because our food stations were all located around this big dinosaur exhibit! So while you got your food you were surrounded by huge dinosaurs!

Do you enjoy living in NY or would you like to move somewhere else? I do like where I live, despite the snow! I'd take snow over hurricanes, tornados, floods, etc. any day! If I could move anywhere else it would be Arizona, where I was born.
I think that is sweet. Justin proposed to me at home as well so I completely relate. I think your reception sounds pretty awesome! Very unique. I also could do without the snow but prefer it over other Weather problems

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search