random act of kindness

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee
  • 1 Post By MrsTiffy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 01:26 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Saturday I had to work all day but when I got off DH and I decided to go out to eat at village inn. When we got there Matthew decided he wanted eat of couse so I pulled out my cover and nursed him. While I was nursing him a lady came over and asked if I was nursing and I said yes I am. She then said congratulations, I think its amazing that your brave enough to nurse in publix. People treat it like its tabo now these days and its not, its a wonderful thing but I sall you and just had to say congratulations.

I thought that wad really sweet. Its always nice to get support from a stranger lol. Well we finished our meal and out server said the usual thank you and what not. Then she said we couldn't tell you this until you were done but that lady that thought the world of you for nursing in public. .. well she payed half your bill.

I just thought that was amazing. How often do you hear about things like this happening anymore? Share your kindness with the world and you just might one day see it returned back to you!

So I was curious to see if anyone else has ever had something like this happen to them before?
Angelamomtomany likes this.

February 26th, 2013, 06:01 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Dh and I went out to lunch on our anniversary, and someone paid for our lunch. Dh was in uniform, and the server said the people that paid for our stuff wanted to do something to say thank you to us. It was really sweet of them. That was our special anniversary lunch, and that made it even more special.
jojo2bee likes this.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 26th, 2013, 06:54 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
nothing like that has ever happened to me, but I did tell a mom NIP once "good job!"

she gave me a look like I was oogling her boobs, sigh. what can you do.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 26th, 2013, 08:05 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow, that's great! Nothing like that ever happens to me, lol. The most I have ever gotten from nursing in public is a dirty look, ha!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 26th, 2013, 09:09 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That is so nice!! I can't say anything like that has happened to me though. However, it is nice to know there are still kind people like that out there in this world!!

Ami - LOL...wow!!

Abbie - LOL!!

I do get stopped a lot in stores by kind people telling me how beautiful my baby is

And over the weekend we were at Target, and a very kind woman approached us and asked if we were just in the next isle trying on a pair of shoes (dd3 was trying them on); she had dd3's phone in her hand and was returning it to her after she had left it sitting on the bench!! There are a lot of people out there who would not have given the phone back. It is a Sony Experia Play and costs a lot of money!! DD3 didn't even know she had lost it at that point. She would have been very sad once she got home and realized it was gone. And of course I have told my kids millions of times that is why they are not supposed to take their phones in stores with them!!! At least not dd3 and ds, since they are 10 and 12.

February 26th, 2013, 10:09 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have never had anyone mention anything while NIP. I have had a man see me with 6 then kids and pay for their slushees.
February 26th, 2013, 08:10 PM
Super Mommy
We had went out to eat at a Japanese Steak house with our 3 girls and they put us at the hibachi grill with an older couple we didn't know. At the end of the meal the couple thanked us for an enjoyable trip down memory lane and gave us much praise for how we enjoyed and had fun with our kids but yet still parented them at the same time. We was very flattered and thought it was so kind of them. Little did we know the couple also took care of our bill but did not let us find out until after they had left. It was such a nice surprise.
February 27th, 2013, 12:21 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow how great! DH has had people pay for his lunches a few time before while hes in uniform, its so nice!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search