Strangers touching your baby?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2013, 08:39 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So, have you ever been in a store and a stranger approached you and baby, more than likely giving baby a compliment and possibly talking to you and/or baby....and then they touch your baby? Even if it is just baby's hand.

It has happened on more than one occasion to me and Kyah...it bothers me! There are so many germs out there; I am super protective of Kyah when it comes to germs! Even my older kids have to wash their hands after getting home from school, messing with any of the animals, or just in general before touching Kyah.

I feel like strangers should know better than to touch my baby! How do you handle this?

February 26th, 2013, 09:03 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I usually carry her in public, so I just back up and turn her toward me. If they think I'm rude it is too bad. Naomi catches anything that comes near her. She has been sick all winter.

February 26th, 2013, 09:38 AM
MJTKNT's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes! I hate it! When he was just a couple weeks old, I went out, and this weird lady grabbed his hands! I was so mad! Like, really lady?! He puts his hands in his mouth, and I don't know who you are, and you just grabbed his hands? That's like me taking your fork and lunch and rubbing my hands all over the tines. Gross.

Last week I was at an antique shop, and carrying him in my carrier. This old (but not so old that she shouldn't know better) lady offered him a SUCKER "if mommy would let him have a lick." I just said, "Uh, no. Sorry. Thank you though." She acted offended, but SERIOUSLY?! You offered my four month old, breast fed only baby a SUCKER?!

People are just weird.

February 26th, 2013, 10:21 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Its only happened to me maybe twice and the first one she barley touched him arm (he was wearing long sleeves) then right away pulled back and said oh im sorry im a stranger touching your baby ha ha just out out habit I guess, she has grandbabies I guess but I honestly didn't think much about it, probably because she realized it. Then the second was today while I was waiting for my car to get an oil change and I right away thought really youve been coughing the whole time in here and now your going to touch my baby without my permission! That angered me. Now im worried Matthew will end up sick again gurrrrrrr!

February 27th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Most of the time people just come talk to him and as long as theyre not in his face spitting on him im not too worried about it. Last weekend we went to dinner and an older lady came over and asked if she could look at him and touched his arm but he had long sleeves on so it wasnt too bad. At first i was like what the heck? Lol but then she was talking about how she has grandkids that live far away and what a blessing he is so i kind of understood and was just happy it wasnt his hands that hes always sucking and chewing on.

February 27th, 2013, 05:06 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had this happen but I do get nervous when people talk to him while he's in his carrier. I always think they're going to reach out for him. He's been out in public a lot though already and hasn't caught anything, so knock on wood I hope it stays that way!

February 27th, 2013, 07:45 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes and I do not let people touch him. I don't care if it offends people at all. If he gets sick, we are the ones up all night with him. So ohhh well

Ashley
Ashley

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search