My son was sent home from day care today.... :(

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2013, 11:45 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So apperently if a baby has loose bowel movements more then 3 times they would have to be sent home.....
Well Leo had 3 loose BM today and he had to go home... Should I be worried?
My husband said that he seemed fine when he picked him up. I know he was struggling last night to go and when he did it was solid.
February 27th, 2013, 12:54 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
What are you feeding him? I'm assuming since loose isn't normal for him that he's getting solids. Fruit makes them go a lot. Cereal backs them up.

February 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
What are you feeding him? I'm assuming since loose isn't normal for him that he's getting solids. Fruit makes them go a lot. Cereal backs them up.
He's getting his normal formula ... and then I fed him some advocado... and some rice cereal......
February 27th, 2013, 01:22 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
That is a ludicrous rule, and rules like that are the reason I use a home daycare. I would not be worried.

February 27th, 2013, 02:18 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Is he constipated? You said he was struggling to go and when he did it was solid. A mostly formula fed baby should not have solid poop. Firmer yes but not solid. Sometimes when a child is constipated they have several loose poops because it's making its way around the solid, hard part. Rice cereal constipates so I would cut that out and see if his poop gets back to normal.

February 27th, 2013, 03:17 PM
Mega Super Mommy
well to this day tuckr still has not had a solid poop since he is still primarily BF'd. Its getting thicker now since we have introduced solids, but its still loose.
i agree with Sherry, that is a ludacris rule. i would be worried about their policy not your child.
some people are just dumb.
now if he had a fever and was cranky and obviously not feeling good in addition to this yea i can understand it. but just because of that? thats silly.
i wouldnt be worried. I'd just take a look at what he had to eat.

February 27th, 2013, 03:50 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I agree with the others, I wouldn't be too worried of loose poop is the only symptom. If they are funky colored, extra stinky or mucusey then I'd worry.
February 28th, 2013, 05:47 AM
So Leo had the forth BM last night but it was liquidy.. sorry to try to paint the picture but we all have seen BM's ;p
Leo seemed to be fine and no fever though.. This morning he was fine... I think he was just REALLY backed up and yesterday was the day.. I'm actually relieved that he went so that it clears out his system.....
But I also gave him some Pedialite so he wouldn't be dehydrated....
I'm going to lay off the rice cereal and just stick with the fruits and veggies for a while...
February 28th, 2013, 07:47 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Hope that works for him

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 3rd, 2013, 01:34 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I wouldn't be too worried. Sounds like an overzealous rule to me.

How has he been since, Julie? x

March 3rd, 2013, 07:26 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
ugh daycare can be so annoying!! They alway tell me that Micah has loose stools... He is primarily bf and I am baby led weaning so he doesn;t eat a whole lot since he is still learning. I also don't feed him cereals or anything. Thats just how his poop is and I can tell them until I am blue in the face but they just don't get it... Sorry your daycare center is the same way... If they sent Micah home for that I would probably talk to the director but that is just me
March 3rd, 2013, 07:58 PM
.kelley.'s Avatar formerly kktegan
Send a message via AIM to .kelley.
I would not be worried. That is a silly rule.
March 4th, 2013, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
I wouldn't be too worried. Sounds like an overzealous rule to me.

How has he been since, Julie? x
Leo is doing fine now... He is getting his BM about every other day... Sometimes in 3 days...
I limited his rice cereal and made some pureed carrots, bananas and advocados...
He had a BM the other night and it was pretty healthy looking....

I guess to defend the daycare rule... they said that it was going around... They had multiple babies having BM all around the same time and was concerned with Leo because he hardly has a BM at Daycare... (He saves them for me... I guess I'm the lucky one... lol)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search