Throwback Thursday 2/28/13

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By aquariussweety21
  • 2 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 1 Post By curlygirl77
  • 1 Post By MrsTiffy
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 07:23 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It's Thursday! Today, let's think about when we were pregnant with these beautiful babies

Now that baby has gotten a little older, do you miss being pregnant? Name 3 things you miss about being pregnant with your sweet baby.

Does anyone secretly (or not secretly) wish they were pregnant again?

February 28th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I don't really miss being pregnant. It is so stressful for me, so there isn't much to miss. The only thing I can think of is the excitement of it all.

I do not want to be pregnant. I am done. I doubt that anyone could ever convince me to have another baby.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 28th, 2013, 07:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I do sometimes miss being pregnant. I miss feeling and watching him move around. It was so cool. I miss feeling like i could protect him more while he was inside lol. He didnt have all this exposure to the world. I miss having a reason to be fatter lol. I havent lost nearly enough weight yet lol.

Well as u know i had a scare an at first was terrified and not at all excited. I had to talk myself into accepting the possibility and that it might not be so bad and then started getting excited. So now i kind of want to try for a baby in the next few months maybe. Idk though. Our life situation isnt really optinal to be trying again probably
Brandiwine3 likes this.

~mommy of 2 angels and one handsome boy~

February 28th, 2013, 08:45 AM
Veteran
I do sometimes miss being pregnant...especially when I'm away from Liam, at work. To feel that kick or hiccup and to know that you are carrying life - it's just the most awesome feeling ever. As for the three (and one extra) things I miss:

Not having to suck it in (LOL)
Having my DDs touch my stomach
Security (No touching baby there)
***Picking out Names***

At times, I do contemplate having a fourth child. And, we may very well decide to do this in a year or two but, we'll see!!!
February 28th, 2013, 08:51 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For the first time in about 12 years, i don't want to be pregnant again! My last pregnancy was so stressful for me, as i had already had 3 miscarriages. i had heavy bleeding, horrible insomnia and depression, and felt awful right until the end. Then Micah passed meconium before she was born and her heart rate dropped during labour, which scared the heck out of me. So i am happy to enjoy and spoil her and i am at peace with the thought she is my last baby . If we had an 'oops' i would of course be happy, but i certainly won't be planning any more babies.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 28th, 2013, 09:39 AM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
I actually don't miss ANYTHING about being pregnant. I don't enjoy it like others do, esp after the first time around I have miscarried a few times so I have had a few pregnancies now.

I never want to be pregnant again

That makes me all sound mean and grumpy but being 36 this yr and being pregnant numerous times, having two beautiful little boys i was blessed with I am done now!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
February 28th, 2013, 11:12 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The whole reason I chose this for today's topic is because lately I have been feeling like I miss being pregnant. It's strange that when I was pregnant with Kyah, I was sooo ready to meet my baby girl! I feel like I should have been relaxing and just enjoying the pregnancy more, and now I regret that. I miss being pregnant at the moment, but that doesn't mean for one second that I don't want Kyah here right now! I don't know how I ever lived without her in my life!! I just have been seeing pregnant women on tv and stuff and it has been making me miss the whole thing.

Three things I miss about it:
1. The closeness and bonding of growing a baby in my belly!
2. The beauty of pregnancy. pregnant women really are beautiful more than ever while pregnant IMO.
3. The whole thing process of pregnancy! The appointments, the appreciation from DH, the curiosity of my older kids, preparing for the new baby to arrive All of it!! Maybe I am crazy, idk, lol...but yeah...I do miss it.

Do I secretly or not so secretly wish I were pregnant again?

No. I don't think I do anyway. DH and I have decided that we are for sure going to have another baby. There is a 10 year gap between Kyah and our next youngest child (dd3). We will have another baby to grow up with Kyah! When? I really don't know. Whenever God chooses I suppose. I have not had AF yet, but we are not using any type of birth control. If I found out I were pregnant tomorrow I would be happy. If I found out I were pregnant a year from now, I would be happy.

After reading the responses so far, a lot of you probably think...is she nuts!?!? LOL. No, we were just meant to have a large family! I can honestly say without feeling any embarrassment that I know for sure I am going to have another baby and Kyah will not be our last baby I just don't know when!
jojo2bee and Stepp_Ann like this.

February 28th, 2013, 02:50 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Michelle, i don't think you're crazy at all . Honestly, if i had had an easier time with Micah i might be thinking differently. After my other babies reached about this age, all i could think about was that i wanted another. I used to say i wanted ten children! But their pregnancies were easier and i wasn't so exhausted when they were babies. I am just so tired all the time, perhaps because of my age, and i just can't see myself ever wanting to risk another miscarriage. They really destroyed me emotionally.
Blessed Mommy Of 5 likes this.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

February 28th, 2013, 03:52 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
I don't think you are crazy either. I think it is great that you want more. For us the next 5.5 years wont be a good time to have a baby. I don't want to have a baby while dh is deployed, and have to go through all the issues I had with Maura all alone. I doubt I will want to start all over with a newborn when Maura is 6 years old, so we have decided that we are done.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

February 28th, 2013, 07:53 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I can't remember a time in my married life - nearly 14 years that I haven't wanted to be pregnant, other than when I was pregnant.

I miss being pregnant terribly, and I keep hoping for an oops. But at the same time I'd like to wait till Lincoln is a year because I am having trouble with my milk supply and have to take fenugreek to keep it up.

My hubby seems on board with one more, so we shall see what happens. one way or another boy or girl we will be officially done at 4. Or when I turn 36, we are done also.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

February 28th, 2013, 11:30 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I dont think your weird at all Michelle! In fact I feel the same way you do!

I miss being pregnant so much! I never thought I would either because I always thought being pregnant would be weird (having a live baby inside you!) but I actually loved every minute of it! including the horrid 24/7 heartburn lol I've been thinking about it a lot latley to and I cant wait to have another baby. Matthew is our first and we want 3-4 at least but well see I may want more. I come from a HUGE family and would love to have a large family myself.

OK 3 things I miss about being pregnant... and a few more
~ Having a baby belly, there so cute and its like a huge caution sign and I liked it when people would move for me ha ha
~ Having my baby with me all the time so knowing they were being taken care of
~ preparing for baby! I LOVE getting ready for baby, buying stuff and organizing, its so much fun! (I know I'm weird lol)
~ How nice and supportive everyone was of me, all the help they would give me was great
~ all the pregnancy stuff! dr appts, u/s, maternity clothes, growing a baby ha ha!

a part of me secretly wishes I would get an opps but I'm prefectly fine waiting. I want o really enjoy the time I have with Matthew as a tiny baby.

We want to start TTC when hes like 1 and a half to 2 years old.... but I might move it sooner lol, I would like to have the baby when hes 2

March 1st, 2013, 01:41 PM
Super Mommy
Ha funny you ask this. Not sure that its so much me miss being preggers but the thought that I will never have that experience again makes me super sad. We have 4 kids how could I possibly want another one? I don't know but my husband and I both want another one but not for about 4 years and who knows in 4 years we may have changed our mind again but I highly doubt it. Brady is so awesome and sharing the experience with our 3 older kids has been almost like a dream. I just couldn't ask for it to be any more perfect or anymore enjoyable,

Three things miss the most
1 the beauty that comes with being pregnant. I think it's just the most beautiful thing ever.
2 the way my husband treats me like a delicate flower or something while pregnant. Yes sometimes it's frustrating but its so sweet.
3. The closeness you feel with your baby

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search