Anybody else have a baby who hates solids?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 10:31 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
And I mean hates them. He puked up the one Puff we got him to swallow. We give him tastes of everything and he always makes a face. Applesauce, banana, yogurt, veggies, bread, he wants nothing to do with any of it. We're doing baby led weaning so I'm not doing purees just giving him stuff that I know he could eat but he doesn't want to even try it. He also doesn't put things in his mouth which is something his brother also did. That has me worried. I can give him small toys and he won't try to swallow them. I did the same thing with Dominic, I once gave him M&M's and he just played with them. Gave my SIL a heart attack. Paxton is the exact same way and if he's not putting things in his mouth then he's not going to put food in his mouth either. I'm not ready to wean or any of that but I do want him to try food and get used to textures. Is anybody else having this problem?

February 28th, 2013, 10:38 AM
babygreenes.mommy
I remember my mom telling me my oldest brother wouldn't eat baby foods, and Athena won't eat some of the ones we try, but I don't know. I heard you have to give them each food 20 times before they accept it, but I'm not doing that. LOL. I know you said you you aren't doing purees, but it may be something to try at least to see if he takes it. I'm sorry I'm not more helpful then that.
February 28th, 2013, 10:55 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Cameron puts EVERYTHING in his mouth. But when we first started giving him food, he wouldn't (which we thought was odd). Probably in the past week to 10 days, he's actually started putting it in his mouth, so after almost a month of actually being presented with the food. Perhaps give him some time? No idea how long you've been trying though.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
February 28th, 2013, 12:36 PM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Why is it that you don't want to try purees again? I found that Leo takes to the purees (it does help introduce food texture....)
February 28th, 2013, 01:25 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Noah wasn't interested in food for a while and i only just figured out a way of getting it into him today - I pop him in his highchair with a few slices of toast, peppers, cooked carrot, strawberries or broccoli to play with -he rarely puts them in his mouth but it does give me time to spoon feed him yogurt, baby porridge, mushed veggies or pureed fruits. The distraction technique

...and baby number 2
February 28th, 2013, 02:28 PM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I haven't given Sarah anything yet other than a pickle which was only to keep her occupied at a restaurant the other day. I would guess she will do ok because she puts everything in her mouth but it might get washed away with all her drool.
February 28th, 2013, 07:04 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
And I mean hates them. He puked up the one Puff we got him to swallow. We give him tastes of everything and he always makes a face. Applesauce, banana, yogurt, veggies, bread, he wants nothing to do with any of it. We're doing baby led weaning so I'm not doing purees just giving him stuff that I know he could eat but he doesn't want to even try it. He also doesn't put things in his mouth which is something his brother also did. That has me worried. I can give him small toys and he won't try to swallow them. I did the same thing with Dominic, I once gave him M&M's and he just played with them. Gave my SIL a heart attack. Paxton is the exact same way and if he's not putting things in his mouth then he's not going to put food in his mouth either. I'm not ready to wean or any of that but I do want him to try food and get used to textures. Is anybody else having this problem?
I could have written this post word for word. He is completely opposite of how my daughter was.

*Thank you kiliki for the siggy!*

Mom to Kennedy (2/19/11) and Caleb (8/6/12) and Expecting #3 10/13/14
Life As We Know It
March 3rd, 2013, 02:19 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela wasn't keen the first week or so, but now she's loving her food and eyeing all of ours like a little hawk. Maybe he just needs time to get used to it?

March 4th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Regular
Mine doesn't eat anymore than 1 tbspn of cereal or any other veg. Not sure how to keep him interested in eating more.
March 6th, 2013, 01:15 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
We tried food for the first time earlier this week. Bananas he cringed when he touched them. So we mashed them up and mixed with some breastmilk. He made faces and gagged like he was going to throw up when we spoon fed them to him. We tried some pureed pears thinking maybe the banana wasn't ripe enough or was too lumpy and he did a TINY bit better with those but still made faces and did not seem happy. He'll pick up trash and gnaw on my foot all day long, but when it comes to real food, nope. Not interested.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
March 6th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
We are doing baby led solids. So far, we have offered many things, mostly whatever I am eating. There are only two things she will eat, however: pickles and shredded cheddar cheese. I did try giving pureed carrots despite my desire to do solids only, and she ate about 5 tiny baby spoons. Then she turned her head. I also tried yogurt, which was a no go.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search