Update on Noah and I - pic heavy

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By newmommysarah
  • 2 Post By magz88
  • 1 Post By HippieLove

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2013, 01:13 PM
newmommysarah's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OK I've been MIA for ages now and I'm so sorry but I just haven't had the time to get on here - I barely have time for facebook before Noah or Alan need something. Those of you who are on fb will know all of this already but for those that aren't here it is -
We got the results back from Noah's hip Xrays - he got the all clear, nothing wrong at all

I successfully took him over to England on my own to meet his nana pat - she was completely taken with him, it was so sweet.

My sister loves him so much - she tried to steal him when time came for her to go home!

We managed to get some cute pics of Noah and I in nans garden before we left.

I had a fantastic day out in Birmingham with my best friend and her little one and got some amazing pics of the babies Noah had a lot of firsts on that trip - first time flying, first time on a train, bus, and taxi, and first time meeting a gruffalo

Just when you think its going so well he pukes!

He has hit a few milestones over the past 3 weeks - sitting unaided, starting to stand, rolling over from one side of the room to the other.

He's getting much better with his solids; he will sit in his highchair no bother and happily play with strawberries, broccoli and carrots slices whilst eating his veggie mush - oh and he likes yogurt - still no teeth though

The not so good news right now is that Noah had his 6 month injections today and he's being a grumpy little bum and no amount of calpol, cuddles, teddies or milky are helping really hope he gets over it soon as he wont stop crying.

But i did manage to get this pic of him in the laundry basket earlier (before injections) and I cant believe how much he has grown in the last 6 months he looks like a completely different baby!

Now to me - Alan and I have been having a bad couple of months - i have been feeling completely taken for granted and I love Noah more than i can say but i can not hold him, feed him, change him, comfort him, clean up after him and be there 24 hours a day on my own and take care of the house - Alan needs to step up and stop hiding behind "but he doesn't settle for me" or "but your so much better at this stuff" It's bull! and it's been causing a lot of friction, every morning was ending in a row until i went to England. On my return I've noticed a change; he gets up first to wash Noah's bottles, hoovers the living room and kitchen and is trying to do the laundry - im trying to stop him as he is getting it wrong and i like laundry lol. I dont know what happened while i was away but has changed, he really is making an effort - he has even put Noah down to bed 5 times this week! We still have our little spats but we have defiantly turned a corner

Thats everything i can think of - your all up to date now what did i miss? Any big news here -save me searching back for the last 3 weeks of posts lol.

...and baby number 2

Last edited by newmommysarah; February 28th, 2013 at 03:52 PM. Reason: added a little more
February 28th, 2013, 07:04 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
I'm glad that Alan is starting to make an effort.

It looks like you had an amazing trip to England. Noah is such a cutie! I so love the onesie with the guards on it.
March 3rd, 2013, 02:25 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What beautiful photos! I'm glad he got the all clear.

Sarah, I was having some similar issues with Shaun but I think things are finally on the up now. As with any relationship disagreement it has taken time to adjust, couple time, love and understanding, talking and communicating, to make things better. I really hope you can get Alan to understand and things start to improve. It's not fair for you to get so little time to yourself, and you're going to burn yourself out.

And you're right, saying she settles better for you is just bull! Michaela settles better for me sometimes but it's mostly because I keep her in a routine and she responds well to that. Settling better or not, it's not an excuse not to do his fair share.

March 3rd, 2013, 02:58 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I've missed you!! Noah is gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous and just saying but I have an Aussie girl who may be looking for a cutie with an accent in like 18 years time but on a side note, wouldn't it be funny if the kids traveled around the world and met up randomly years down the track?
Your sister is very pretty! love all the pics

I'm glad to hear Alan may of woken up a bit and is being better.
newmommysarah likes this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search