How many beds???

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2013, 09:10 PM
Super Mommy
So you ladies are gonna think I have lost my mind. In our room we have our bed , Bradys crib ( yes I made my husband move it out of his nursery that is upstairs after I realized it would be a very long time before I was comfortable with him being so far away to sleep) and now the pack and play that I pull right up next to the bed at night. During the day he naps in his crib at night he sleeps in the pack and play that's literally touching our bed. It has been a life savor through the night. I have no problem with cosleeping but we discovered little guy sleeps better and wakes up way less when he is in his own space so we did the crib. When he got RSV I wanted him to sleep with us because I was so paranoid but he was just so restless in our bed so my hubs brought in the pack and play put it where we can watch him and hear him breathing and its been the best thing ever. Our girls asked if they could use his nursery as their playroom since he is in our room. Um NO not a chance I got that nursery just how I wanted it and we WILL use it eventually lol.
March 3rd, 2013, 02:33 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww i understand. Micah doesn't even have her own nursery. In our room is our king size bed, her crib (never used) and her bassinet, which i think she laid in once for about 30 minutes, ha. She still sleeps in our bed. It's pretty crowded!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 3rd, 2013, 05:16 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lol! Kyah is in our bed with us, right beside me She has never used her pack n play. I didn't bother buying a crib since I knew we were going to co-sleep.

We did have a nursery all set up that my DH had surprised me with. It has since been redone and turned into a "den" type room. Kyah never slept in it, but still it was something I really wanted. Now, the so called "den" never even gets used. I want my nursery back. Even if it isn't for her to sleep in, I loved it! We now have a living room, sitting room, and "den". Too many living rooms IMO. They are all living rooms if you ask me. Dh just happened to come up with other names for them! I have already brought up just this weekend that I do not like the arrangement, so.....I am hoping to get things like I want them over the next week

I don't think you are crazy at all! Our main "living room" has a pack and play, high chair, exersaucer, and huge round cushion type thing with a ton of baby toys as Kyah's play area. We move things constantly! Her jumperoo goes up and down the stairs all the time! High chair back and forth from kitchen to living room...etc etc...Lol!

March 3rd, 2013, 10:14 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We just have our king bed and Matthews bassinet in our room still. his crib is in his own room (nursery) which he sleeps in. We havent used his pack n play yet either, i wanted it for when we got our house to have downstairs so he could sleep in and get butt changes and what not but we ended up pushing getting a house ubtill now ish so when he can sit up on his own then ill stick him in there to play while i clean and cook dinner and stuff like that. or when we leave the house for a vacation or something.

but I dont blame you at all for still having her in there with you! I waited longer then i orginaly wanted to to move Matthew to his crib after he wa hospitalized with an pneumonia. the only was i did move him into his own room was with having a video/audio monitor and a movement monitor lol

Last edited by jojo2bee; March 3rd, 2013 at 10:16 PM.
March 4th, 2013, 01:18 PM
Veteran
Lost your mind?!?!? Far from it I'm so glad to hear there are "others" out there lol! In our room, we have our bed, along with Liam's pack and play. As for his crib, it remains in his nursery. His bassinet is still assembled and used for quick afternoon naps in the living room....along with his swing, his exersaucer, the highchair and the mound of toys that keeps accumulating. Did I mention our LR also doubles as my two yo potty training place of preference? Uggghhh! Since she has a habit of getting into things, we can't allow her to go in the bathroom alone and when she is playing, it's a quick pitstop to do her business. Which brings me to another point? Aren't those "child-proof" trinkets supposed to keep children/babies out of things? Why is it the only ppl they keep out are the adults?!?!?
March 4th, 2013, 05:25 PM
Mega Super Mommy
We have our bed, the Rock and Play which Eve naps in and a Pack'n'Play at the end of the bed. I had/have good intentions of getting her to use the PNP, but it's so much easier to nurse her at night when she's in our bed.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search