~Mommy of the Week: Spotlight is on Michelle - Blessed Mommy Of 5!~(3/4-3/10)

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 2 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 4 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5
  • 3 Post By Blessed Mommy Of 5

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 06:07 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our Spotlight Mommy of the week is me, Michelle (Blessed Mommy Of 5)! This is your chance to get to know me even better! Everyone ask questions! You can ask as many questions as you like. Asked one then thought of another? Come back and post it too

Post your questions here, ladies!

March 4th, 2013, 08:17 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Michelle .

Do you have any brothers or sisters?

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 4th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl77 View Post
Hi Michelle .

Do you have any brothers or sisters?
Hi Abbie! Yes! I have an older brother John who is 39, an older sister Nancy who is 37, a younger brother Michael who is 27, and another younger brother William who is 17.

None of them live here where I live though. I haven't seen any of them in quite some time. Honestly, my oldest brother was against an interracial relationship, so he sort of just stopped speaking to me. My sister just stopped staying in touch with me (she had a lot going on with her life, her health, her ex-husband, and her kids), so I no longer have her address (she has moved since we last spoke). My brother Michael is living with my dad in Illinois. And William is my Mother's son from her new husband. Once she met her new husband she sort of disowned the rest of us. I never got the chance to get to know William very well. Last I heard my Mother lived in Indiana in a different city. So, I basically feel like I really don't have any family I can depend on or even call to talk to or anything. My family is the one Dh and I created
aquariussweety21 likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Veteran
Good afternoon, Michelle!

K, so I don't get to log in too often but, I lurk whenever I get the chance. First and foremost...I love your closing comment - "My family is the one Dh and I created". Precious! It's too bad that your older brother has chosen to distance himself based upon "his" hang-up with interracial relationships - true love has no color, nor gender. That being said, he should love you for everything you are, everything you're not. He doesn't have to agree with your outlook on life but, still the same, he is your brother and you share the same blood. He (and the rest of your fmly) are truly missing out on your beautiful gifts, your children, the fruit of your relationship. Not bashing (we all have our good pts.) - just observing.

On to my question(s) for you....

How many children did you see yourself having before you began your family?

How did you and hubby meet?

Is there anything extreme (skydiving, etc.) that you would like to do/have done?

What's your favorite food?

What's your favorite movie?
March 4th, 2013, 02:08 PM
I agree, it's very sad that your brother is missing out on his beautiful nieces and nephews.

Have you ever visited another country?

Does your family ever take vacations?

I know you are a sahm mom now, but did you have a job before having kids?

March 4th, 2013, 05:00 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
These are all great questions! And so sorry to hear about your family. I LOVE your outlook on your family being the one you created - it's so true. Enjoy EVERY moment with your precious babies (and they're all still your babies!!). Someday you will be around for lots of grandchildren, something your mom is unfortunate to have missed in your life!

Do you think you will have more babies?
How are things going with your husband?
Who do you think Kyah resembles most - you or your husband? Does she look like any of your other children when they were babies?
What is your favorite thing to do as a family?
Do any of your kids have boyfriends/girlfriends yet and how do you feel about it?

March 4th, 2013, 10:27 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Thats horrible of your brother! I agree love has no color or gender or age at that matter. I sorry your mom just sort of stoped taking to you guys, thas not fair at all!

how did you and your DH meet?
What kind of wedding did you have?
Do you have any hobbies?
What would be your dream vacation?
Do you perfer coffee or tea?

March 4th, 2013, 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandiwine3 View Post
Good afternoon, Michelle!

K, so I don't get to log in too often but, I lurk whenever I get the chance. First and foremost...I love your closing comment - "My family is the one Dh and I created". Precious! It's too bad that your older brother has chosen to distance himself based upon "his" hang-up with interracial relationships - true love has no color, nor gender. That being said, he should love you for everything you are, everything you're not. He doesn't have to agree with your outlook on life but, still the same, he is your brother and you share the same blood. He (and the rest of your fmly) are truly missing out on your beautiful gifts, your children, the fruit of your relationship. Not bashing (we all have our good pts.) - just observing.

On to my question(s) for you....

Is there anything extreme (skydiving, etc.) that you would like to do/have done?

Thank you for the very kind words! You made my day brighter just reading that!

I always wanted a large family. For some reason I always thought I would have two boys, then two girls, lol.

We both lived on the same street. There was a park right down our street and I was hanging out there with my best friend at the time. He was playing basketball with his friend at the park. He approached me and struck up a conversation about my little brother's dog who was with me. We ended up talking for about an hour. After that I would see him at that park a lot and he would come over and talk to me. Eventually we exchanged phone numbers. We talked on the phone all the time. Then our first "date" (wasn't really a date, lol), we went for a walk to the river together just talking and hanging out and he kissed me there Then he walked me home and we held hands the whole way. Seems cheesy now! I fell in love quickly after that, lol.

I haven't really ever done anything extreme. I'm not much of a risk taker! A hot air balloon ride sounds awesome, but I'm way too scared to try it!

tacos!

The Wizard of Oz, lol, it has always been my favorite movie
jojo2bee and aquariussweety21 like this.

March 4th, 2013, 11:01 PM
Quote:
I agree, it's very sad that your brother is missing out on his beautiful nieces and nephews.

Have you ever visited another country?

Have you ever visited another country? No. I wish! I would love to travel around the world to so many places!

We have took a few vacations. Not to any tropic resort or anything though. We went to Disney World, Arizona, and Florida on a few occasions.

I worked at lots of restaurants and nursing homes before having kids. I had my oldest dd when I was 19. I did work between having kids though. The three favorite jobs I had: First was a local program that helped women and teenage girls get their GEDs. It was right at my kids elementary school and it was very rewarding. The second and third were both positions as a computer technician at two local companies. I really love computers and eventually plan to have my own business focusing on computer building, customizing, repairing, optimizing, and upgrading.

March 4th, 2013, 11:27 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I am loving reading your answers thus far! I agree that your brother, mother, etc are missing out on a beautiful family and relationships and time theyll never get back with your kiddos. It is unfortunate but i am glad you are strong and see the love thay surrounds you as your family.

How old were you and your dh when you met?

Is there any particular reason why you chose the name Kyah?

What is yout favorite season?

How is everything going at the house?

March 5th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by smashley8 View Post
These are all great questions! And so sorry to hear about your family. I LOVE your outlook on your family being the one you created - it's so true. Enjoy EVERY moment with your precious babies (and they're all still your babies!!). Someday you will be around for lots of grandchildren, something your mom is unfortunate to have missed in your life!

Who do you think Kyah resembles most - you or your husband? Does she look like any of your other children when they were babies?
Do any of your kids have boyfriends/girlfriends yet and how do you feel about it?
Aww, thank you Ashley!

Yes! I know for sure we want to have at least one more. There is a 10 year gap between Kyah and our next youngest, Shania. Dh and I have decided we will have another baby to grow up with Kyah.

Well, I do complain about stuff on here occasionally. But, he truly is a wonderful husband. He isn't always as helpful as I would like, lol. He loves playing Xbox 360 and spends a lot of time doing so (much of the time is playing it with our ds), but I feel like I probably shouldn't complain too much since he does work hard and supports our family. Kyah finally grew out of the stage where she just cries and cries the minute he holds her. I am so glad that is over. She is all smiles now. A very happy baby even when Daddy is holding her. So, he is able to help me a lot more just by keeping her occupied. When she cries it just does something to me; I just can't help but to find a way to make her happy so she stops crying. That isn't hard though, it just means me holding her, nursing her, comforting her, or bouncing her. But now she will allow Daddy to entertain her, so that's a huge help to me. I do feel like Dh and I aren't as close as we used to be. That's because for over a year now he has worked 3rd shift. I hate that. He isn't home at night to sleep beside me. I was used to having him beside me every night. And it also means he has to sleep during the day. So, we have evenings together. But, that is a very busy time. During that time I am cooking dinner, helping with homework, making sure dd3 and ds get baths, bathing Kyah, and just a ton of other things. That just doesn't leave much time for me and DH to have for each other. So, I look forward to weekends. He is off work Fridays and Saturdays. I try to reconnect on the weekends as much as possible.

I see both myself and DH in Kyah. Dh swears she looks just like me. I think she looks more like him. She looks very very much like our oldest dd when she was a baby!

I love staying home with my family. I've just always been that way. I really enjoy being at home! I think my favorite thing to do as a family is probably pop some popcorn, get some snacks and drinks, and watch a good movie! With all of us together comfy in the living room, pajamas, blankets, snuggies, and all. We have tons of movies. I have external hard drives with 500+ movies on each of them. I can hook them up to the big screen and watch the movies straight off of them. When I was pregnant with Kyah that was what I did every night! It is a little harder now with Kyah, she 's not into watching movies!

This is something we are dealing with right now!! Dh and I have different views on this. I feel like our oldest dds (14 and 16), are old enough to have boyfriends. Dh finally allowed our oldest dd to start dating. She was officially allowed to date on her birthday when she turnt 16 (Feb 4). Dh is a very protective father. IMO he is a bit overprotective. Our oldest dd hasn't brought her boyfriend home to meet us yet. But, she has a boyfriend. She is worried about letting Daddy meet him because of how protective he is. Our 14 yr old dd wants to date. She is such an outstanding girl. She gets straight A's in high school and is very smart. She was the only student in the whole school last year with a distinguished 4.0 GPA. She was awarded the presidential achievement. She takes all honors classes and I really feel like she should be allowed to date. I can't seem to convince DH though. He says she is too young. Her older sister told me that Mariah is dating a boy at school and is just keeping it a secret since Dh says she can't date yet. It's one issue that DH and I disagree on. I feel like they need dating experience before they turn 18 and can move out and do what they want. Without experience dating, I think they will be at a huge disadvantage and possibly make poor decisions.
jojo2bee likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo2bee View Post
Thats horrible of your brother! I agree love has no color or gender or age at that matter. I sorry your mom just sort of stoped taking to you guys, thas not fair at all!

Do you have any hobbies?

See post above

Not much of a wedding at all actually. We went to the court house and exchanged our vows and rings and hearts <3

Do you have any hobbies?

Computers are my main hobby. I repair them, optimize them, upgrade them, etc. I also love to read. Suspense is my favorite type of books. I love scrap booking, but haven't had time for it in soooo long! For a long time I was a Pogo addict (it's a game site), but I haven't had time for it since having baby Kyah!

My dream vacation would be to go to a deserted island where a beautiful and large log cabin would await us surrounded by the beach and ocean (and a boat just for us) in the front along with a huge forest in the back It would be stocked with everything we needed to last for the amount of time we were staying. I would probably insist that there were no internet access so that we can be together as a family without any distractions. My kids love the internet, lol.

Tea! I love tea. I love how coffee smells but I don't drink it. I always wanted to, but every time I try it I think it tastes awful.
jojo2bee likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 02:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariussweety21 View Post
I am loving reading your answers thus far! I agree that your brother, mother, etc are missing out on a beautiful family and relationships and time theyll never get back with your kiddos. It is unfortunate but i am glad you are strong and see the love thay surrounds you as your family.

Thank you, Stefani!

I was 16 and he was 20.

Yes. Our oldest daughters are named Tyra, Mariah, and Shania. They all rhyme with each other. We couldn't break the pattern now! We needed a name that not only fit the pattern, but also fit our baby girl!

Fall! I love the beauty of Autumn weather. The colorful falling leaves, the cool but not cold weather, and my favorite holiday....Halloween

Good! I love our house! It is spacious which is so much better than our old place which had gotten cramped. We recently moved our master bedroom from downstairs to upstairs; it is much nicer this way. I am planning to rearrange the downstairs this weekend while Dh is off work. I already told him that I want to I just haven't went into detail with him yet. He set up a living room, sitting room, and den. To me, we have 3 living rooms o.O Lol. I'm not feeling that! I want to keep the living room (the main one), possibly recreate Kyah's nursery, and turn the other room into a dining room (right now the kitchen is also the dining room). Then I will like the arrangement much better!!

March 5th, 2013, 09:59 PM
Haha I didn't realize I asked the same question! I had just finished reading the others to!

Do you like living in Indiana? Would you like to live somewhere else?

March 6th, 2013, 06:48 AM
Michelle, do you have any phobias or fears?

Do you think you are a germophobe?

I know you have four girls and one boy, do you think it's easier parenting girls or boys?

March 6th, 2013, 07:25 AM
Quote:
Haha I didn't realize I asked the same question! I had just finished reading the others to!

I do not really like Indiana. I would love to live somewhere else!! Preferably some where with beautiful scenery and probably out in the country I do not have any in particular place I know of right now though. For sure not in a big city. I would prefer lots of nature and less lights/buildings/etc.
jojo2bee likes this.

March 6th, 2013, 07:31 AM
Quote:

I know you have four girls and one boy, do you think it's easier parenting girls or boys?

Yes, I am terrified of car accidents. I do not know why, but it is definitely my biggest fear!

Lol, I think I am when it comes to Kyah and when my older kids were babies!! I just feel like germs are such a risk to getting my baby sick! I feel so bad for sick babies!!

I think it is easier parenting boys. Girls are so much more emotional. They require so much more in general. There feelings are hurt easier. And in my experience my ds has been a breeze compared to my girls!!
curlygirl77 likes this.

March 8th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Do you want another girl or a boy for your next baby? Or do you not care?

What is your favorite place to go/do with your DH? (Like a date) as a family? (Not staying home lol)

Do you have any pets?

Do you prefer baths or showers?

Whats your favorite color?

March 8th, 2013, 12:04 AM

What is your favorite place to go/do with your DH? (Like a date) as a family? (Not staying home lol)

Do you have any pets?

March 8th, 2013, 06:54 AM
Quote:

Do you have any pets?

Honestly, I would like to have a boy for our next baby. But, if I were to have another baby girl; I would be just as happy

What is your favorite place to go/do with your DH? (Like a date) as a family?

My favorite place to go on a date with DH would probably be out to eat somewhere nice (Maybe Logan's Steakhouse or some other steak house) and to the movies.

As a family, I love going to the zoo and also to this local place called Bob Walther's Golf and Fun. It has lots of things there to do!

Do you have any pets?

We have a puppy (Max), 2 siamese mini lop bunnies (Peter & Neiszah), 2 Eastern box turtles (ChubChubs and Turtle), 3 hamsters (Vincent, Elliot, and Boog), and a sugar glider (Sugar Baby).

A year ago I would have said showers, lol. But, now I bathe Kyah in the tub with me every night and I have come to love that time. So, baths is my answer! It is so relaxing to take a warm bubble bath and wind down

This actually changes from time to time, lol. Right now I will go with hunter green.
jojo2bee likes this.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search