and baby number 2....

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By acchickpea
  • 1 Post By TuckrLeesMommy

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2013, 09:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
so this wekend our good friends who have gone in the army came back for a visit. well they have an 8 1/2 month old that we finally got to meet. they have been living in korea so we finally got to hangout with the litle ones all together.

Anna Bell is her name.

tuckr is almost at the same speed as her despite her being older.
well this is the first baby he has been around before.
HE WAS SO JEALOUS! he didnt sleep well. he didnt want to share. he wanted to knock her over and pul her hair.
after a little while he got a little better but any toy she was playing with he would take it away from her. it was so silly/
he would chase her around and yell at her lol.
it was funny but at the same time lol
i am a little concerned about how he would take baby #2...
is how he behaves now any indicator of how he would react with a brother or sister? this was his first encounter with another baby.
or is he still young enough that he would adjust quickly?

March 4th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Mom to Madeline
Babies and toddlers do not have the cognitive ability to understand the concept of sharing until age 3. You can start practicing sharing around age 2...but most likely everything is still "mine" in baby terms.
March 4th, 2013, 10:10 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
It's been my experience that most small babies and toddlers don't start the "mine" phase until around two. If you ask most toddlers for what they are holding they will give it to you. That being said, no, the way he is acting now in no way reflects on how he will be around a new baby when he's older. His whole temperment will go through changes as he grows. There is no way to tell how he will react to a sibling until you actually give him one. He might be jealous at first and then get over it or he might just stay jealous. My friend has a little boy who absolutely hated when she held another baby but he's great wirh his little sister. You never know.

March 4th, 2013, 10:14 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
My girls have always been awesome at sharing with other kids since, well ever. They've never been jealous either but I think it comes from being so close together.
March 4th, 2013, 10:28 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ooooo.... that's a tough one... Since this is his first time exposed to another baby around his age he may just not be used to it... What if you start getting him used to other babies by taking him to some baby and me classes... not sure if you have them by you but the whole concept is exposing your kids to others while young. Like how the library does book readings or music class for mommy and baby... stuff like that...
Mountain~Mama likes this.
March 4th, 2013, 10:53 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
My kids love each other to pieces, but they are all terrible at sharing with each other and fight all the time, but great with everyone else. I really feel like their time with each other helps to shape their character and help practice conflict resolve.

That being said, they are equally terrible with their friends who they are super close with and their cousins.

March 4th, 2013, 11:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i need to find something to expose him a little i think.
Mountain~Mama likes this.

March 4th, 2013, 12:39 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Do they have any mom and tots groups near you or anything like that you can attend with him, Maddie, so he can get used to being around other infants? xxx

If it's any help Daniel is still very much in the egotistical stage even though he's 6 with his developmental delays, and he has taken brilliantly to being a big brother. I worried about it constantly while pregnant but he loves Michaela to absolute pieces and even though she is only tiny she seems to return his devotion. They are beautiful together...like they were meant to be brother and sister. I know it's not quite the same as having another one so early but still I thought it worth mentioning. Don't worry overly much about it honey, what will be will be and Tuckr will adjust in time, kids do.

March 4th, 2013, 02:30 PM
Mega Super Mommy
They don't have any groups that I know of but there are 2 girls that have babies about the same age. One is exactly a month older and the other is exactly a week older. I'm hoping we can set up a play date.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search