Update to Apple of our eye subforum...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jojo2bee
  • 1 Post By aquariussweety21
  • 1 Post By curlygirl77

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 5th, 2013, 12:08 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! OK so Michelle and I have been talking and we came up with a good idea.

In our apples of our eye subforum that we post pictures in and have our weekly photos, well its been pretty slow in there so how about making it a monthly theme picture and we make it a contest?

So pretty much each month I will start a thread in the apples of our eye subforum with that months theme and we all can post a picture of our little babys for that theme. Then at the end of the month I will make a poll and we can all vote on our favorite picture and the winner will recieve a blinkie.

I will post a reminder on the main page when we start a new theme and towards the end of the month so if you still want to enter in a photo you can.

I just wanted to let everyone know of our new change we will be doing! I think it will be lots of fun!
Brandiwine3 likes this.

March 5th, 2013, 12:17 AM
Mega Super Mommy
It definitely has been slow there. Its an awesome idea ladies and i think it will be fun :-)
jojo2bee likes this.

~mommy of 3 angels and one handsome boy~

March 5th, 2013, 06:50 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I think that sounds fun . I always forget to look in the subforums, do you think it would get more participation if it was on the main board?
smashley8 likes this.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 5th, 2013, 07:02 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by curlygirl77 View Post
I think that sounds fun . I always forget to look in the subforums, do you think it would get more participation if it was on the main board?
I was actually going to suggest this! I go on the October PR and they have theirs on the main board. I think it might work out better that way because I'm sure a lot of people don't bother to look in the subforums.

March 5th, 2013, 09:30 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hmmm....interesting thought! This was actually an idea to get you ladies to visit the subforums! I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how we can go about making the subforums a more popular place? They certainly are not getting much attention, lol.

March 5th, 2013, 10:08 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I always forget about the subforums. Probably because I get so distracted. I wish there was a way site wise that we could attract more attention to them, like have a little blinking arrow when there has been a new post in that subforum. I can't really think of any other way to make it more noticeable or popular. I think the reminder on the main board is probably the best way.

But I think the picture contest is a great idea!

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 5th, 2013, 10:37 AM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fun!!!

Ashley
Ashley
March 5th, 2013, 11:19 AM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
For me, I don't really like to post pictures on the main board. I never had a problem doing it in other forums but there's something different about posting my kid here for some reason! I really do wish I could participate though!

March 5th, 2013, 01:47 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The reason I was going to have it in the subforum is so we can get more attention to it and its our picture subforum lol. But I plan on doing a reminder on the main board a couple times throughout the month. Do you guys think that will work?

March 5th, 2013, 03:50 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yeah i think it would be good to post reminders on the main page.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search