Formula! I need help...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2013, 03:37 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
As most of you know my supply has taken quite the dip already!
For those who are formula feeding, what formula is baby drinking?
How many ounces is baby drinking a day? Are they drinking less now that you have started solids?

March 8th, 2013, 04:23 PM
Mom to Madeline
M is on Alimetum due to dairy intolerance. She's eating around 27-28 oz per day and does two Stage 2 meals per day. We just moved to Stage 2, so I'm betting she drops down to 24-26oz per day.
March 8th, 2013, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Nature's One Baby's Only (organic, no GMO) Formula

Around 36 oz

3-4 pouches of purees or things I make + a few teething biscuits, pieces of avocado, etc
March 8th, 2013, 05:51 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Bubs eats around 26-30 oz of Enfamil Infant. He also eats around 6-8 oz of solids a day, mostly stage 2 foods, cereal, puffs and mushed foods I make.

March 8th, 2013, 07:49 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still BF right before bed and first thing in the morning but Emily gets about about 16 oz of Gerber Good Start formula throughout the day, 6-8 oz of Enfamil A.R. at night (to help settle her stomach and fill her up a little bit) and she also gets 1-2 servings of solids a day.

March 9th, 2013, 02:48 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela is on Aptamil. She is taking 350-500ml per day over 3-4 feeds (breakfast, afternoon, 1 or 2 in evening) which are primarily milk, and then having cereal at breakfast and sometimes in the evening and solid (well, baby food or purees) meals at lunch and dinner with water, baby juice or small amounts of milk.

March 9th, 2013, 05:11 AM
georgiabrit's Avatar Super Mommy
Josie is completely formula and food fed now, she drinks 4oz at a time, and has 3 meals a day. i'd say she drinks about 24oz formula a day

March 9th, 2013, 07:07 AM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
I'm trying so hard to sort out what to do here. I am one big hormonal mess!

March 9th, 2013, 08:57 AM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
I sent you a long PM with some details about how my LO is eating. Also at some nursing sessions my LO gets upset so I assume I am not producing enough, so I make a 2 oz bottle of formula right away to continue her feeding. Most of the time she drinks 1 oz of it.

Have you tried giving a bottle of formula yet to see how much your baby will drink?

Our pediatrician said 18 - 24 oz a day is standard, and all babies are different. 36 oz sounds like a lot to me. My 2 year old never drank that much when he was a baby, so it all depends on the baby, and I always fed 3 sold food meals per day so that could have made him more full.

March 9th, 2013, 10:00 AM
Mom to Madeline
Check out Wholesome Homemade Baby Food Recipes | Make Fresh Baby Food, Healthy Homemade Baby Food is easy with new baby food recipes, solid food tips, baby nutrition & more!

They have charts that will tell you what's a normal range. Super helpful website for me! Just click on solids and then the accurate chart...on the right side of the page formula amounts are listed based on age and amount of solids
March 9th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Melanie - breathe.

I found with both my babies that they fell into their own patterns. I just started out offering food or formula when they cried and sounded hungry, and eventually it formed a pattern. Like so many things it's simply just feeling your way. Finn will be fine and you're doing a great job mama.

March 10th, 2013, 01:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
tuckr is nursed all night and in the mornings but he get Enfamil Infant and he eats anywhere from 4-8 ounces at a time but he is also getting 3 meals a day now as well. im not sure how much he gets total yet!

March 10th, 2013, 04:19 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Molly eats 4 times a day 7-8oz per feeding. We use Gerber Good Start Gentle, it was a life saver for us. We feed her maybe once a day and she will usually finish the equivalent of two stage 2 sized food containers of food at one sitting (I make her baby food). I don't worry so much about the food, sometimes she gets it and sometimes she doesn't. Don't stress! You will find what works best for you!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 11th, 2013, 07:00 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Leo is on Similac and has about 25oz... with 1-2 feedings of pureed food...

Like sharron said... Breathe... You'll be fine! You'll find a pattern in no time...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search