Sleep deprived moments..

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree12Likes
  • 1 Post By krsnow
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel
  • 1 Post By JesusisKing
  • 1 Post By tryingfornumber1
  • 3 Post By 2pinks&ablue
  • 2 Post By HippieLove
  • 1 Post By one.juniper
  • 1 Post By TKbunny
  • 1 Post By Blessed.Life

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Anyone or their husband have any bizarre moments from sleep deprivation to share? I am usually the more level headed one of the two of us in the middle of the night, but my dh? He can be downright nuts!! He has had his share of the crazies when it comes to being out of it in the middle of the night. The most recent was when he woke, talking about chickens. Apparently he was dreaming about rocking Vincent, only, Vincent was a rotisserie chicken in his dream. Hah! One time, with our first, I woke up to him hovering over the rocking recliner, frantically digging down into the cushion. He woke up thinking he still had the baby, even though he had already laid him in his cradle, so he thought the baby had slipped out of his arms into the crack of the cushion and that he was rocking on top of him. As for me, I am just reeeeeeallly cranky at times and I am short with my words. Needless to say, we are quite the pair if both of us are having an out-of-it kind of moment! There are more crazy stories....some I have even caught on video . I caught him with video once telling me all about how he was doing a four way loan on the polar express.....the train! He was in the mortgage industry at the time, and he explained to me in full detail, with eyes open but glazed over, what kind of loan he would have to do since they were splitting it between four people.
Oh man, as I sit here writing, I am thinking of so many more, but I don't want to turn this into a long novel. So please, someone tell me that we aren't the only loonies in the middle of the night! What are you and your dh like for the night wakings?

March 9th, 2013, 10:06 AM
krsnow's Avatar Super Mommy
That is hilarious! Well my LO who is 6 months old is a pretty good sleeper, but my 2 & half year old DS still wakes during the night. Many times I am awakened from his crying on the baby monitor and as Im trying to get out of bed I always think that I am holding the baby and am being careful not to drop her or let her fall off the bed. But actually she is not in my bed, she is in her own room in a crib and we have never co slept.

The lack of sleep stays with me during the day too now. I feel really dumb and am at the point where I can't even count money - yesterday I went to starbucks drive thru and couldn't seem to count the correct amount of money to pay.
mama4life likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I agree on the mommy brain stuff too. Whether or not it makes such a big difference or not, I feel like I can tell a difference if I forget to take my omega 3's for a few days. Probably a placebo, but it makes me feel better . I am constantly finding myself standing in the kitchen asking myself, "why am I here" and it has nothing to do with being philosophical . I just get confused in my own home! Yikes!

March 9th, 2013, 11:18 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I have the vacant moments where I go in a room and then forget why I'm there, for sure. Can't think of any specifics but I know there have been loads...
mama4life likes this.

March 9th, 2013, 11:51 AM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Mine happened early mornings.. Like trying to make coffee without adding grounds one time and another time without water.
mama4life likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 02:20 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I've lost Cam a few times lol, but we're still sleeping in separate rooms so DH gets good rest He is joining us tonight...who knows, I may have something more to add tomorrow!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 9th, 2013, 04:41 PM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We have bottles that have to have a bottom piece screwed on. When I went to make the bottle at 3am, I had the entire bottle together except for the bottom piece. I poured formula into the bottle and it went all over the place. I didn't realize it until my feet started getting wet with it. That was a pain in the butt!
mama4life likes this.
March 9th, 2013, 05:17 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
My DH is hilarious when he talks in his sleep! One night he told me that he was busy playing cards with old women, and another time he told me that he would still love me, even if I was the only kid in class that couldn't blow bubbles
March 9th, 2013, 07:04 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Oh I am a shocker. I sleep talk and walk. I sleep abuse too... One night Chris came to bed and he said I sat up, eyes wide open and screamed profanity's at him. He had no idea what he had done and slept on the couch He's also had full blown conversation with me and I don't remember them, once I hit him... and hes woken me up because I was bawling in my sleep.

Only funny thing Chris has done is one night he woke me up screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO real loud...he was dreaming he was sky diving LOL.
Mountain~Mama and mama4life like this.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
That incident with your husband in the rocking chair is funny but really takes me back to those early weeks when I would often wake up in bed and think Oz was in the bed with me when he was in fact in the bassinet. After a couple weeks of that I had to stop nursing in bed, those dreams were driving me bat **** crazy.
mama4life likes this.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 9th, 2013, 07:06 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Love it! These are great! DH talks a lot in his sleep. I've woken up to him asking me questions like, "Where did he go?" I have no idea whom 'he' is let alone where he went to lol. He even wakes me up and tell me he needs to remember to do things like water the driveway Most of the time he asks, then goes right back to sleep lol.

I can get cranky if I'm tired, but I can also get really funny and laugh at everything. I also seem to misplace things. I found the phone in the freezer once and the PB in the fridge. I even put an Xbox game in the freezer once
mama4life likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
These are a riot. I am laughing so hard about the skydiving and the kid who can't blow bubbles! So silly!

March 10th, 2013, 02:03 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
im sure I do but i'm so sleep deprived right now I can't remember them
mama4life likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I don't think Chris or I have done anything that crazy but Audrey is a sleep walker/talker. I really hate it too. She gets up in a zombie coma and usually has to pee but she is so disoriented that she gets lost. I caught her trying to pee in the dryer the other night and she went to pee where Sammie was sleeping too. She gets really upset and cries hysterically but never really wakes up. Once she goes to the bathroom and I get her back to bed she's right back asleep and never remembers anything.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search