Guess what?...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree9Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2013, 09:46 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
You're pregnant! Yep that's right you're pregnant....

sooooooooooooo how would you feel? How would you handle it? (think of it as an accident rather than a planned pregnancy. What would you call him/her? What do you think DP and your family would think?

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 10th, 2013, 05:15 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Well most importantly I would be calling the media and telling them I was carrying the Messiah as I'm pretty sure one has to DTD to get pregnant unless it's immaculate conception.

March 10th, 2013, 05:45 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Missaaaaa play the game. I haven't DTD eith but pretending I have. I'd die, cry, eat a lot of ice cream and chocolate. My family would freak out because of how bad harpers pregnancy was but if it was a girl I'd call her Sawyer Hadley and if a boy Jaspar Thames.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 10th, 2013, 06:14 AM
Mom to Madeline
I'd be freaked out. It's been recommended for health reasons for me NOT to get pregnant again. Every month before AF arrives I get nervous about my bcps failing.
March 10th, 2013, 06:26 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Ugh! I realllllllly do not want to be pregnant again. I would cry freak the freak out and panic. Since I have my tubes tied I'd be making a trip to the Dr's office to kick his arse then try to hide it until I found out it was (hopefully) a boy then tell Chris so he wouldn't run away screaming!
March 10th, 2013, 07:01 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
That is me playing the game. That would be my reaction. Bobby would think I cheated on him. My mom would be overjoyed. My best friend would kick my butt because she says I'm all "babied out" and I agree.

March 10th, 2013, 07:54 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by MosaicWife View Post
Well most importantly I would be calling the media and telling them I was carrying the Messiah as I'm pretty sure one has to DTD to get pregnant unless it's immaculate conception.
This!!!!

But I have some serious baby fever going on right now so I'd be mostly ok with it...we would probably have to move though since I wouldn't be able to max out my maternity benefits, and we can't carry our current mortgage without it. I'd also have to go back to work early which I would not be a fan of. Boy would be Nolan Levi and girl would be Adeline Grace. DH would freak out and then be excited....same with family

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 10th, 2013, 08:05 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be thrilled, like always. But, I would also have a certain sadness because pregnancy, for me, means losing my milk supply once the all day vomiting starts. I am trying to take some measures now to help with any future HG, but if history is any indication, then I would basically be bedridden for three months, which is obviously hard on my family. But, I would be so excited for God to give us another miracle, even if the timing was rough. God won't give me something and not give me the grace to get through it.

March 10th, 2013, 09:50 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I would be so excited, although stressed. DH would be a bit upset at first I think, but he would come around. If it was a boy, his name would be Logan Alexander Thomas, no idea for a girl.
March 10th, 2013, 10:03 AM
amyinwonderland's Avatar Rylan & Delaney's Mommy
Reality would be the messiah thing that Missa mentioned. However...since we are playing the game...I would be thrilled!!! And then I'd be worried...because I'm 43 and the risks are so high!! Of course I worried when I was 26 too so I'd worry no matter what my age. And then I would be thrilled some more because if my situation were different (ie..married and not old) I'd have another baby in a heartbeat. I'd really love a little boy but if it was a little girl I would be just as happy & blessed. I always saw myself with 3 kids-2 girls and a boy. Unless something miraculous happens that probably won't come into fruition.
March 10th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Super Mommy
I'd cry. I'd be excited eventually, but pregnancy is so scary. I spend the whole time worrying (especially since Abby didn't move much).

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 10th, 2013, 11:49 AM
tryingfornumber1's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'd freak out. I so do not want to be pregnant right now. I'd cry for months I think.
March 10th, 2013, 12:02 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
I would be happy but sad if I had to stop nursing. Also, I want to spoil Kata as the baby a bit longer. I promised dh 1 more baby anyway though honestly I would quit now if it were only up to me. Dh would be thrilled. We already have names, dh picked. Andreas for a boy and Penelope for a girl

March 10th, 2013, 12:15 PM
Niamh ૐ's Avatar Green Mama Goddess
Send a message via AIM to Niamh ૐ Send a message via MSN to Niamh ૐ Send a message via Yahoo to Niamh ૐ
Um. I don't think most people in here would care for my answer to this question as I would be making a choice that I assume many in here would not support. I highly doubt we'd even tell anyone (sorry if I spoiled the game).

Ask me in about 2 years and I'll have a different answer. At that point, I'd be very happy, if slightly stressed (as we're not really planning to TTC until Bee is 3). The baby would either be Fionnuala Searlait Tara for a girl (we'd nickname her Finna) or Conan Iain Searlas for a boy. It would be our last child.
tryingfornumber1 likes this.

March 10th, 2013, 01:01 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be a basket of emotions lol.

I would be super excited since I would view it as Gods will and know that everything would turn out okay

I would be scared because I have an IUD and I know if they fail they can cause miscarriages

I would be nervous because 1. we have a lot going on and the timing truly isn't right 2. financially we are not prepared for another child right now either

I would be sad because 1. I want to enjoy Micah as an only child for a little while and soak up his babyness 2. I am passionate about ebf until 1 but plan to give him bm until 2 so I would be sad at the potential of that not working

I wold also be secretly wishing for my little girl

My family and husband would be over the moon excited.
March 10th, 2013, 01:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
um i would be nervous and excited and nervous lol.
i dont want to be pregnant this soon.
i want to wait until tuckr is 2ish before we ttc.
we are NTNP but we were doing that for over a year before we got tuckr and secretly i have been calculating and charting and those crucial days i have just been "not in the mood"
especially since we are just getting on our feet again i am afraid that we are so shaky as it is that something like this would just knock us on our arses again.
but if it did happen well i would accept it and enjoy it. i loved being pregnant right up until i was hot as heck and couldnt move lol.
but if it was a girl she would be Charlie Anna Marie and for a boy...idk lol

acceptable boy names:
Talon Dixon
Chevy Jack
Bo Jaygr

March 10th, 2013, 02:21 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I'd be surprised. But happy because we want to have two babies and I am scared that we won't be able to get pregnant again. But sad because I'm also one that wanted to just enjoy Xavier's babyhood and wanted to nurse as long as possible.

as far as name, if a girl Elise Alexandria. Boy, not sure.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
March 10th, 2013, 03:31 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
Believe me, I seriously thought I was n still do sometimes even tho' I had 2 bfn
How would you feel?
I would be overwhelmed first of all, 'cuz I was looking forward to spending the Summer feeling good and enjoying ds1 to the MAX n not being layed up. But I would be really excited too, knowing that God has an especially neat plan for this little one.

How would you handle it?
I would def make the best of it!

What would you call him/her?
Him ?? Her Kate or Katelynn

What do you think DP and your family would think?
Family would be excited for us, esp G-ma
DH, not so much... he says we're done. (maybe I should remind him how babies are made.) LOL

Last edited by JesusisKing; March 10th, 2013 at 03:37 PM.
March 10th, 2013, 04:26 PM
Hopefulpinkangel's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
LOL What Missa said!! For real though I would be overwhelmed, but secretly thrilled. I'd like a third baby, but DH says no way! He would come around eventually and everyone else we know would be thrilled. My DH would probably immediately go out and get the big "V" though that's for sure!

Jan 2010 August 2011

March 11th, 2013, 07:14 AM
acchickpea's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I would be nervous but excited!!!!!!
We do want to try for a second and hoping that they are close in age.. BUT it took us 3 years to get Leo so if all that trying was overlooked and there was a miracle that i got preggo after the first try I would be very happy!
Wishing for a girl.... but will love a boy equally....

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search