Messy Monday

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TKbunny

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 03:49 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Are you a messy person, a clean freak or somewhere in-between?
What is your most dreaded house chore? and one you don't mind doing?

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 11th, 2013, 04:15 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
Hmm...let's see.

I'm not messy, but lazy lol. I don't like the looks of the house when it's messy, but I don't like to clean either, so I do let it go more than I should, although when it gets to me, I go on a cleaning streak lol.

Don't get me wrong, our house is never dirty or anything. Just stuff, you know?

I hate hate HATE washing dishes. We have a dishwasher but I still have to do the pots and pans and what not. Hate it!

I don't mind...in fact LOVE to vacuum. Not sure why, just do. I also like scrubbing the toilet for some reason Something about that fresh clean smell and sparkling bowl.
mama4life likes this.

March 11th, 2013, 06:15 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I think I'm somewhere in between. I hate dirt, but sometimes things are cluttered because I don't have enough hands lol.

I don't mind doing laundry, and I hate doing floors (sweep/mop/vacuum).

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 11th, 2013, 07:49 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I used to be a clean freak. I had a schedule and I would go so far as to cancel playdates to get my list done or because I thought my house wasn't clean enough. I managed to keep it up through having Doc because he was such an easy baby and when Harper was small but once she got a bit older and Doc started coming out of his own world I had two destroying machines. It got harder as they got older. We had to start locking all the rooms up to stop Doc from just destroying everything. And I spent all day cleaning up his messes and pulling him down off of places. Right after Paxton was born I let everything go because he was more important and quickly became overwhelmed. Now we finally have everything back on track and I've found a happy medium between a spotless house and letting everything get too bad. I hate dishes with a passion and though I used to love folding laundry there's now so much of it at all times that I hate that too.

Just to give you an idea of what I mean when I say destroy.

This is our bedroom. That is my jewelry box and everything that was on the dresser with it. In the background that is the coatrack on the floor.

March 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM
Super Mommy
I am in between. I love a spotless house, but I really can't keep that up. If I am stressed, it's usually about the condition of the house. It's hard though, cause its that whole, "cleaning the house while the kids are still growing, is like shoveling the snow while its still snowing" thing. I don't want to be a drill sergeant with my kids, but sometimes it feels like that's what I would have to become to keep order in a house with 7 people living in it. I guess I just wish I had areas of my house that were sacred in terms of always being orderly. It would be nice to feel like I didn't have to panic about someone randomly showing up on the doorstep. But the kids like to play in the living room. They do art at the kitchen table.....they do all of their messes in our main living spaces, so what am I gonna do? I will have a clean house someday...

March 11th, 2013, 11:34 AM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm pretty messy and DH is a complete slob so our house is often a wreck. I try to at least keep the common rooms clean because my mom (who's a neat freak) comes over pretty often and I don't want to deal with her comments, but it doesn't always work out.

I'm the opposite of Tina. I HATE cleaning the bathroom - especially the shower and toilet, which seem to get dirty every freaking day. I actually don't mind doing dishes. That was always my chore growing up so I'm used to it.

March 11th, 2013, 11:49 AM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
I'm in between as well, my house is never dirty, but it gets pretty cluttered from time to time. I used to be really good about my cleaning schedule, and I'd really like to get back to that again.

I actually enjoy folding laundry for the most part, but I hate washing dishes.
March 11th, 2013, 02:49 PM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our house is a disaster. I try to be a tidy person but it's been rough. I feel like every time I go to do something Summer will scream her head off

I HATE doing dishes. I don't really like doing the laundry either but DH does it so I can't complain about that

March 11th, 2013, 02:50 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
I'm in between. I love the look and feel of a clean house but I don't work at it as much as I should. I had a good routine going before I got pregnant and the I was too tired to keep it up. Now it's kinda when I get to it.

I don't REALLY mind any chore. But if I had to pick one it'd probably be vacuuming the stairs. Any other area is ok. Just not the stairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
March 11th, 2013, 07:32 PM
K.A.T's Avatar Enjoying her Sticky Bun
My house is a mess most of the time. It's not that I'm messy, OK I can be, but like Tina, I hate to clean so I get lazy. With me it's that I get really frustrated after I just cleaned and then within a hour or so the place looks like I did f all to it. I guess with 6 people and 5 animals, it's just never going to stay spotless, so I've kinda given up.

❤ Big Thanks to Vicki, trishosaurus, & Shortcake for the great siggies of my kids! ❤
Liz (36) Kev (35)
Tiana (16) Doni (14) Lil Kev (8) Ethan 7/23/12 Lil Roo 10/29/11

March 11th, 2013, 09:10 PM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Aside from the big sisters rooms, the house is relatively clean. Nothing is ever on the floors, I keep all tables clutter free, I cant stand things on tables-just a lamp or vase. Nothing is allowed on the dining table though peeps try to put things on it all the time. All the beds are made every day by 8:30...We have a lot of stuff but everything has its place!

I hate laundry...just because its so boring and constant lol. I enjoy most chores once I do them...I think cleaning is good for the psyche. I just feel lazy sometimes I dont want to start.

Edited to add...Oh yeah! I hate vacuuming the stairs too! Sometimes everything will be done but the stairs hehe...

March 11th, 2013, 09:15 PM
I used to be a neat freak but having two very active boys (2 and 4) you can imagine the struggle to keep everything organized just about everyday lol... we have a cleaning schedule though I am trying to teach my boys to clean up after themselves and we do it in the most enjoyable way for them (like... pretending their toys are basketballs and their toy boxes are hoops)

I hate laundry and cleaning toilet/bath my DH handles these pretty well though.
March 12th, 2013, 12:44 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I've never been a neat freak, if I had the money i'd pay someone to keep my house spotless because I love a nice clean house but I'm not going to spend the day cleaning. In saying that, you won't find dirty dishes in the sink unless they've just been used, if theres stuff on my floor its just toys from the kids that day. I usually wake up, have a shower, make breakfast tidy up from breakfast, sweep and mop if needed, organise crafts and things for the kids or outdoor play then we have lunch and i tidy up from lunch put the kids down, do a load of washing, prepare afternoon snack, school kids get home feed them, do homework with jae while the younger 2 watch a bit of abc (which is the kid channel here) when shes done she watches tv while i prepare dinner. I basically wear Harper if im moving from room to room or i take her a long with a toy and her rug, she also has 2 big naps from 10-12 and 2-4. they all eat at about 5-530, bath at about 6 (not harper she will usully at this ppint be in her jumperoo or while they're having a bath which is like just there at my kitchen i can see them, i wipe down the table and stack the dishwasher, then I get them out and dry them dress them in their pjs and let them watch tv while i bath harper and dress her in her pjs, she has a feed while i read to them then i put her to bed and the middle two to bed while I read with Jaelah (harry potter atm) and she goes to bed. I then tidy up toys or whatever theyve left around the house and yeah.. so my house isnt like lick the floor clean or whatever but its tidy and hygienic. I hate hanging out washing it hurts my back and I don't mind vacuuming.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 12th, 2013, 03:11 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
My house is usually a wreck. With 3 kids, 3 dogs and a husband there is just no hope for a clean house. The dishes are done everyday but there is almost always something in the sink. Laundry is almost always going and everyone always has clean clothes but there is usually a pile still to go. The floor gets swept everyday but there is usually still dirt/doghair as soon as you let the dog back in. We don't have room for everything we have and very little storage space so nothing really has it's own place. Stuff is everywhere.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search