"Left-over" aversions?

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree13Likes
  • 1 Post By Stepp_Ann
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 1 Post By karenwalter
  • 2 Post By curlygirl77
  • 4 Post By smashley8
  • 1 Post By GeekLover11
  • 1 Post By RunningMommyTo5
  • 2 Post By writerchick324

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2013, 06:14 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
I'm not sure what else to call them, but do any of you still have food or smell aversions left from your pregnancy? I have always been a veggie lover, especially broccoli, carrots, and spinach, but when I was pregnant with Bailey, I just could not eat them without gagging and throwing up. I thought for sure I'd be able to eat them again after I had her, but here I am over 6 months pp, and I still can't stomach them without gagging!!!! What's going on? Am I alone in this? Will I ever be able to enjoy my once loved veggies again???
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 11th, 2013, 07:04 PM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
Ive been slowly getting better with chicken lol I used to love it and any way but was so grossed out with it while being pregnant and im just now starting to find myself being about to eat it a bit more and not be as grossed out. I hope you will be able to eat your veggies again!

March 12th, 2013, 05:55 AM
Super Mommy
Good luck with that. When I was pregnant with my 14year old I got sick on velveeta shells and cheese and to this day the smell alone is enough to make me sick.

My last pregnancy chicken made me super sick and now I eat it very sparingly.
writerchick324 likes this.
March 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have things I can't eat from my 13 yr old. I can't go near milk since having Naomi.

March 12th, 2013, 06:21 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I still have issues eating italian food - it made me so sick when I was pregnant with my first. it is sad.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 12th, 2013, 12:07 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't had any issues with this so far!! But, Kyah was a really easy pregnancy for me. I didn't even get nausea or morning sickness.

March 12th, 2013, 12:10 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
WOW! Mine was meat. I couldn't go NEAR it. As soon as he was born i had meat. That must be so hard for it to continue.

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 12th, 2013, 12:49 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ginger ale (accidentally got ginger soda instead of ginger ale one time, it is NOT the same)!!!, blue and purple gatorade.

March 12th, 2013, 02:06 PM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I still have one aversion but it is not very appropriate to post, lol. I don't puke every time from it like I did before but I occasionally do and usually come close.

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 12th, 2013, 02:14 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It took me 2 almost 2 years to start eating popcorn again after I had an aversion to it when I was pregnant with DS #1. I did eventually get over it though and now enjoy it again. Give it time and hopefully you'll be eating veggies again soon!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 12th, 2013, 03:43 PM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Kimber... Um come.on, you know we love innappropriate stuff, spill it

Katie, i can't really sympathise as i have an iron stomach and can eat anything, but it must be hard to still be having food aversions after so long. Hopefully you will get over it eventually!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 12th, 2013, 05:21 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerchick324 View Post
I still have one aversion but it is not very appropriate to post, lol. I don't puke every time from it like I did before but I occasionally do and usually come close.

My dirty mind can only think of one thing, but maybe that is actually what you're talking about... LOL!

March 12th, 2013, 06:40 PM
GeekLover11's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well, this isn't exactly the same, but I thought I would share. Before I had Declan, I hated roast beef. But during my pregnancy, it was the best thing ever. I ate it whenever I could. Now, it is honestly repulsive. Don't have a clue what that was about.

Ashley, you are not alone because this dirty mind thought of one thing too. Maybe it's in our name

Ashley
Ashley
March 13th, 2013, 06:16 AM
Veteran
As much as I love chix, I was repulsed by it while pg...and any kind of fatty meat (you know like when you bite into a chunk) - Bluck!
March 13th, 2013, 06:30 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
Awww. man!!!! Hopefully this won't be a life-long aversion. Maybe I should just have another baby to see if I get my veggie-love back??? Sounds logical to me....now to get DH on board...it's for the love of veggies!!!

Kimber, you know you must share with us now, right??? I think we're all thinking the same thing!!!!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 13th, 2013, 07:52 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Fine I will spill it, but anyone that gets grossed out better stop reading here now

So my df loooooves bjs. Used to not be that big of a deal until I got pregnant. Then just the thought of him finishing made me gag. And if he would finish in my mouth, I would puke. Many times-instantly.

Now, I am able to run to the bathroom, spit gargle fast and bad good. But if I don't do those things quick enough, I start puking in the sink. It's horrible!

On a different note, the other day I wanted a slurpee from 7-11 and instantly got scared that I was prego since I craved them! ha ha ha

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search