Gobsmacked...

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 03:27 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Worked out today how much doctor's visits, blood tests, delivery etc ended up costing and almost fell off my chair.

Our total: $5991.84

Anyone else work out how much their Wee One cost them by the time they took them home? Of course totally worth it, that wee face when she came into the world made it all worth it.

March 12th, 2013, 04:06 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Mine ended up being only a $200 copay for the hospital stay. After the copay all services for me + baby were covered 100%.

Before the actual hospital visit, I had to pay 2 copays of $20 each for my RE, one $20 copay for the OB, and one $20 copay for a nutritionist. No charges for bloodwork, tests, ultrasounds, etc. Only 1 script (which were test strips for my blood/sugar monitor) and I think it was only $50 total. Sooo about $330? Oh we also got 2 elective 3D ultrasounds, which totaled about $150.... so that brings it to $480.

Now if I calculated how much it cost to get pregnant, that would be 16 months of copays for OB/gyn, RE, provera scripts, metformin scripts, and clomid scripts. Not to mention all the OPKs, pregnancy tests, prenatals, etc, I think I surpass the $480 by quite a bit!

March 12th, 2013, 06:25 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I only had to pay a $30 copay for my midwife and a $30 copay for my hospital stay, but the insurance bill was crazy! I think about 9k for everything

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**

Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 12th, 2013, 07:59 AM
Angelamomtomany's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
3,000, but they refunded me 600 in over payment.
Angela; Mom to S,K,R,J,E,C,N and #8 coming soon (ish).

March 12th, 2013, 08:58 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
We only payed 150 copay for the hospital stay. Our insurance covers all maternity in full. Then we also have to pay a 150 copay for his circ which was done in the hospital during our stay but is considered different from the original stay or something. But we haven't payed the circ copay because its still running through insurance, it was under a different name so I had to call and the dr office had to fix it then resend it to the insurance. So technically the grand total will be 300.

March 12th, 2013, 09:32 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
My dh is a active duty military so we didn't pay anything out of pocket.

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 12th, 2013, 12:03 PM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow! Our insurance covered everything. We didn't pay anything. I haven't received any bills from it at all.

March 12th, 2013, 12:08 PM
Sagga02's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Sagga02 Send a message via MSN to Sagga02 Send a message via Yahoo to Sagga02
We paid nothing this time around. When DS1 was born DH insurance was not as good as now. Being that we had a emergency c section, hospital costs, nursery, co pays, Dr, etc etc it was THOUSANDS. We are still paying him off and he is 5. And that was with just OK insurance. It sucked!

www.etsy.com/shop/sagga02
March 12th, 2013, 12:27 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mine wad like that for my older son. We had good insurance but had to pay 20% after the deductible was met. It ended up being close to $5000 when everything was done.

This time around we paid around $1000. My delivery/hospital charges were free because I delivered at work, but we still had to pay for the ultrasound, OB bill, bloodwork, etc.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 13th, 2013, 01:55 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
Just have to add that most of what we paid where paid back to us from the medical aid. But it surprised me when I totaled it because these were payments that went out in drips and drabs so didn't really feel it.

March 13th, 2013, 05:20 AM
Super Mommy
This girl is jealous. We have blue cross blue shield and it USE to be great coverage but not so much anymore. We was out of pocket around $6400. They did not cover any of my lab work. I thought a mistake had been made so I resubmitted the clame and they responded that its not covered. What the crap???

I miss the hubs being active duty military insurance. Didn't pay a penny for those pregnancies and not a penny on any medicine.
March 13th, 2013, 06:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to MrsTiffy Send a message via Yahoo to MrsTiffy
Dh is military, so we didn't pay anything or see a bill.

Vivian (6)
Caden (5)
Alex (2)
Maura born 9/11/12

March 13th, 2013, 07:58 AM
writerchick324's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We had pregnancy medical to rely on through the state. It saved us. Plus, Tim had a $600 test done to see if he was a CF carrier since my test came back positive. Expensive test for a yes/no answer. Took us a while to pay that off. We'd be in heavy debt if we had to pay for all my hospital stuff. I had quite a few ultrasounds, (like 4 or 5) a couple NST's and and extra appointments since I had hypertension. Then I was induced and we had to stay for over 4 days in the hospital. It would have been pricey, I am sure. :/

Elliott David: 9/13/12, 5:36pm, 8lbs15oz, 20 1/2" long!

March 13th, 2013, 08:05 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
Nothing technically. Only bill we received was the bill for the ambulance ride to the hospital after Evelyn was born and I was hemorraging which was $45.00. We paid it and then submitted it to dh's insurance through work and were reimbursed. Majority was covered by OHIP only a handful of things had to go through my husbands insurance.
March 13th, 2013, 08:49 AM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
With our youngest son it was like that was because we had crappy insurance and paid 20% of the total bills, something like $3000 total out of pocket over the course of the pregnancy, hospital, and his follow-up newborn visits, circ, etc. Now, we have great insurance through BCBS and we only paid $150 co-pay. It really is tough because it can all add up so quickly if insurance doesn't cover a good portion of it.
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 13th, 2013, 04:32 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I about had a cow when I got the tentative bill from the hospital saying we owed over $6000, but it turns out my insurance paid for all of it! I don't even remember having to pay anything out of pocket to my OB during the pregnancy, either. So thankful for good health insurance.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search