Tuesday tales

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 12th, 2013, 04:29 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Do you read to your baby? What were some of your favourite nursery rhymes or stories whwn you were a child?

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 12th, 2013, 05:18 AM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I always read to him. Sometimes not at night but during the day at least 2 or three times a day we read a few stories.

I loved 'The Color Kittens'. It was a Golden Book. I think I liked the pictures in it because of all the colors I also loved the Berenstain Bears books.

March 12th, 2013, 05:59 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Last night we read Mortimer by Robert Munsch, and How Many Kisses. We also regularly read Goodnight Moon, The Runaway Bunny, and other Robert Munsch books.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 12th, 2013, 07:02 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I haven't started reading to him yet. With Doc and Harper I read a lot of Dr. Seuss and random books like "Gregory Goat" and stuff by Sandra Boynton so I'll probably read those same books to Paxton. We have a lot of books.
magz88 likes this.

March 12th, 2013, 07:15 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
Nope,she is in that grabby, eat everything stage. It's way too hard right now.
March 12th, 2013, 08:17 AM
Super Mommy
Yep, but I give something other than the book to hold and chew on. She likes animal pics so far.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 12th, 2013, 10:20 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I read to all my kids. I don't remember books from my childhood really... other than when I was about 7-8 and started reading novels myself. I have a huge book of nursery rhymes and fairy tales that we read, I also have I'll love you forever by Robert Munsch and On the night you were born by Nancy Tillman, which personally are my favourites. We have a few Dr Seuss and the box set of Mr Men which my son loves.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 12th, 2013, 05:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
i read to tuckr a lot i work at a book store so i am always seeing things that i just HAVE TO READ to him lol.
i loved owl at home when i was little, now i read my copy to my little man
i also LOVED dr. seuss he loves him some cat in the hat
he has even learned how to turn the pages when the time is right

March 13th, 2013, 01:49 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Every day I read to him.

We have Gregory, The Terrible Eater too, Missa - it's a bit too hard for him now but I go through it once in a while when he is in a quiet sitting mood.

Myself, I liked the Pokey Little Puppy, The Little Engine That Could, I had a Fox and The Hound record book that I loved, that's all that I can remember off the top of my head.
March 15th, 2013, 05:46 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Quote:
Originally Posted by magz88 View Post
Every day I read to him.

We have Gregory, The Terrible Eater too, Missa - it's a bit too hard for him now but I go through it once in a while when he is in a quiet sitting mood.

Myself, I liked the Pokey Little Puppy, The Little Engine That Could, I had a Fox and The Hound record book that I loved, that's all that I can remember off the top of my head.
Haha! That's the name! I'm so used to Harper calling it Gregory Goat and the cover page was ripped off so long ago that I forgot the actual title. That book has seen better days.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search