Vasectomy

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By mzshell13
  • 2 Post By jesslynn2000
  • 1 Post By megg0

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 05:08 AM
Super Mommy
Anyone here have a DH who's had it done? Jeremy thinks he'll be basically bed ridden for 4 days which I'm sure isn't true, but how bad is it really?

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 13th, 2013, 05:55 AM
mzshell13's Avatar Super Mommy
LOL, I'm in the process of convincing DH to get it done when we decide we're officially done, and he's almost on board. He's been mentioning it to friends and family and finding out many of them have already had it done. Most say they were fine when they got home and all definitely by the next day. My mom said even my dad who is overly dramatic about every minor cold he gets was at the bowling alley the next day after he had his done years ago.
Regardless, DH is getting it done. If I can go through 3rd degree tear, and a c-section then he can have a minor outpatient procedure.
newmommysarah and rainbowfish like this.

March 13th, 2013, 07:35 AM
Super Mommy
I don't really know that much about it. I am sure the actual procedure has a very quick recovery time the way they do surgeries now. Definitely research the long term effects though. I have read in several places there is a growing suspicion linking vascectomy to prostate cancer. My dads prostate counts are always questionable, so it has obviously been a great concern for our family. I know that wasn't what you asked, but I hate to not mention it when something so scary is concerned.

March 13th, 2013, 08:10 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I know 2 friends' hubbies that have had it done in the last year, and both were good to go the day after. They weren't quite 100% the next day, but they weren't bed ridden either. Good luck!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 13th, 2013, 08:13 AM
Veteran
My DH had this done in September and didn't have any problems except for soreness for week or so. Ice bags will be his best friend especially in the first 24 hours. I thought it was fair for him to get it done since I had all 5 of his children.
newmommysarah and rainbowfish like this.
March 13th, 2013, 12:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
DH had it done in November. He took a 4 day weekend just in case. The first day he pretty much laid on the couch the whole day, but by the end of day two he was helping do dishes. He milked it, but with four kids stuff needed done around the house.
rainbowfish likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 01:10 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I wouldn't ask DP to do that but I think he would if I did ask him. I don't know anyone who's had it done but I agree with what others have said in terms of it being no worse than childbirth, a c-section or numerous other things us women have to endure!

March 15th, 2013, 07:48 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
DH was all about having one right after Elise was born, but never really made any real steps toward it, and the older she gets the less he's wanting to. I wasn't really on board anyway, but would ask him to do it definitely over me doing anything permanent.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

March 16th, 2013, 05:35 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I don't know anyone who's had it done but if I was up and looking after my own baby 48 hours after having an emergency c-section and transfusion due to losing half my blood, I sincerely doubt he will be bedridden for 4 days.

March 16th, 2013, 05:42 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
Most people I've talked to have said it's healed in a couple of days. DH wants it, but I'm not there yet.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search