Need your thoughts and prayers

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mama4life
  • 1 Post By JesusisKing

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 13th, 2013, 09:13 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
My husband has pneumonia, and now he has another related health issue. I can't go into details yet, but I'm very scared for him. He has a very important appointment on March 22nd, and I am trying not to freak out before then. He has to have a cat scan.

Pippa has been sick since Sunday: vomiting, diarrhea, fever. She had so few wet diapers that she was close to dehydration. She couldn't keep anything down at all, and the pediatrician said there was nothing they could do except send her to the ER for an IV. The fever is gone, and she did not vomit yesterday. She still has severe diarrhea, though. It soaks through everything. She also did not want to sit upright at all. Last night she finally started smiling and acting like her usual self.

Today I got ready for work and was about to walk out the door when she vomited all over my shirt, pants, and the floor. I thought it may be because I was pressing on her stomach the way I was holding her. She had literally just nursed before that. Then after George dropped me off, before he even got to the sitter, she had a blowout of diarrhea.

I am mentally and physically exhausted from not having any help. Jessica was spending the night with a friend on Saturday, and she actually texted me and said she heard her baby sister was sick but that the important thing was that she was spending valuable time with her friends on spring break. She said she would miss her sister since she would be away a week. First of all, she was only supposed to spend one night, and suddenly she thought she was going to spend the entire week there. Also, she did not ask me. She wore down the mom who then asked for her. I know 10-year old girls are narcissistic, but she takes the cake. I wanted her to enjoy her time off of schol, especially since I didn't have time off work to do something fun. Therefore, I let her stay until Tuesday. After that, I just really needed her home to help me. When her friend's mom brought her home, she didn't even care about her father or her sister who are both still so sick. She was sad her fun times were over. I had never been so disgusted by her in her whole life. This morning I had a hard time looking at her.

Anyway, novella aside, I could really use your good thoughts and prayers. I have not had time to come here to post, and now that I am back at work, I am overloaded there as well.

March 13th, 2013, 09:22 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Has she been vaccinated for Rotaviris? I know Norovirus and Rotavirus are going around right now and Rotavirus can put a baby in the hospital. I hope she feels better soon. That is just awful. I would have made her come home. Said no to the mom and made her come home to help. She needs to learn that life isn't all play time and she has responsibilities to her family. I hope everybody feels better soon.

March 13th, 2013, 09:32 AM
No, due to severe compliations with my other two kids, we haven't vaccinated Pippa at all.

The pediatrician assured me it was likely a 12-24 hour stomach bug. It's not that, though, obviously. She said they can only treat a virus if she gets dehydrated. So far she has had some wet diapers. They said to worry if she has no urine output in 8 hours.

March 13th, 2013, 09:49 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I wouldn't wait that long. I would go ahead and get her to the hospital for fluids. I've also read giving a child benadryl helps with nausea because it's the same stuff they use for motion sickness. I have no idea if a baby can take benadryl though but maybe you could ask her pedi about it.

March 13th, 2013, 10:17 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Sorry to hear things are so rough right now. Hope the appt on the 22nd goes well, and Jessica comes around soon. That's not fair the other mom did that.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 13th, 2013, 10:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
((Hugs))....I can relate to a lot of what you are going through, minus the pre teen thing which, no doubt is one of the hardest parts. Any chance you could send her on a two week mission trip somewhere?!
Praying much good fruit to come of this suffering. And that the health concerns about George and poppa have the very best outcome!
JesusisKing likes this.

March 13th, 2013, 11:23 AM
I called the pediatrician since it did sound like rotavirus. She said it can be that or any other virus that lasts up to 10 days. As long as she is not feverish, is nursing well, and still has some wet diapers, they don't want her in the office. Some of these viruses are highly contagious. (I bet this is what my husband had this weekend as well.)

March 13th, 2013, 11:25 AM
amyinwonderland's Avatar Rylan & Delaney's Mommy
Prayers going up for you and your family! Sorry that you are going through such a rough time.
March 13th, 2013, 01:25 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
I prayed for you. ((HUGS))
Sherry777 likes this.
March 13th, 2013, 02:19 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Sherry, you don't deserve all this and that's so much to handle. It's times like this I so wish I lived closer to offer practical help. I've been praying for you and George since you posted on FB at the weekend, and of course I will extend my prayers to your whole family.

March 13th, 2013, 02:44 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
Oh Sherry thinking of you! I saw that Pippa was ill on Facebook and was hoping she'd be feeling better by now . Always sending good vibes that everything is OK with George. Try not to get too upset with your daughter, I'm sure she'll outgrow this phase soon *fingers crossed*.

Pinterest
Flickr
March 13th, 2013, 04:10 PM
Super Mommy
Praying for all of you.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 13th, 2013, 08:02 PM
TKbunny's Avatar Elias's slave..err..Mommy
I'm so sorry honey. I really hope your DH and Pippa get better soon.

As for Jess...well, I think if it were me, I'd have a hard time not sending her to Boot Camp to learn some manners and respect for your family. Unfortunately, these days, teens seem to think they can treat adults any way they wish and get away with it. I'm not saying beating your kids was ever a good idea, but I tell you I only needed to get my rear smacked once by my father when I did something and after that i sure didn't do the same thing again. But kids these days get away with way too much. They see how other kids treat their parents and get away with it, so they think they can do that to their own.

Hmm..maybe she could do some things around the house that YOU normally do for her. I mean, if you normally do her clothes, make her do her own. If you make her lunch, make her do it. Stop doing the things she takes for granted and make her see just how much you do for her and maybe she'll see that she needs to show you respect. Maybe losing her cell phone for a while or her computer? Losing something she thinks she 'needs' may wake her up as well.

Just my thoughts.

March 13th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Jfolk826's Avatar Kayleigh & Kendyle's Mom
I'm sorry, I hope that your husband and Pippa feel better soon!

March 13th, 2013, 08:26 PM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
I'm so sorry i hope everyone feels better soon.

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 14th, 2013, 04:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your daughter is at the age when all they care about is themselves. Hopefully this stage will pass soon.

Praying for Pippa to get well asap.

I'm sorry to hear about your husband. Very scary situation. Lots of prayers for you all!

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

March 14th, 2013, 07:16 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sending up prayers for your whole household. I just went through a nasty nasty virus. I've never been so sick in my life. It was terrible. DH started with it last night and I am just praying the kids don't get it.

March 14th, 2013, 07:58 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
I'm sorry you all have been so sick. Hope it passes soon and you all are healthy again quickly.
March 14th, 2013, 09:11 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCoconut View Post
Sending up prayers for your whole household. I just went through a nasty nasty virus. I've never been so sick in my life. It was terrible. DH started with it last night and I am just praying the kids don't get it.
Spoke too soon. Lily got sent home from preschool this morning for throwing up everywhere.

March 14th, 2013, 10:33 AM
Mrs.Julie's Avatar Mommy to 3 Princesses
Oh no! T&P everyone is ok soon. It does sound like rotovirus for little Pippa...should be on the upswing now I would think.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search