Paxton fell

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2013, 05:42 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I've been struggling with whether or not to tell you guys this. I feel worse than horrible about it. It was bedtime and I took his clothes off to change his diaper and put his jammies on. He was sitting on the bed, not close to the edge at all. I took two steps away and threw his dirty clothes into the bathroom hamper. I didn't even go into the bathroom, just tossed. As I was taking those two steps back I had my eye on him the entire time. Where he was on the bed honestly it looked like if he fell he would land on the bed anyway. Well I forgot that lately he's been more mobile. Somehow he lunged and he tipped head first over the bed. I was one step away at that point and I tried to catch him. He hit the floor head first and twisted his body. I've seen my babies fall before but never like that. I thought he broke his arm or snapped his neck with the way he landed. I snatched him up and ran to Bobby. I gave him to him to check over because I was shaking and freaking and thought I was going to throw up. His nose was bleeding on the end and he had rug burn on it and his forehead. He landed on his face!!! He checked him and said no broken bones, he just needed to be comforted and gave him back to me. I took him to bed and nursed him to sleep and pretty much watched him all night because I was scared he had a concussion and wasn't going to wake up. He had a restless night and that scares me because I don't know if he's in pain. I'm going to keep an eye on him today and if he seems off I'll take him to the doctor. They're open until noon. We had such a lovely two days too! I feel like scum.

March 16th, 2013, 06:04 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
Aww, it happens, but I'm sure this won't be the last time he falls either. It sounds very scary though with the angle he landed, and the blood and rug burn. At least he seems ok and you have a backup plan. Cam face planted off the couch about a month ago (he's not allowed on there anymore!), and he almost went off the bed yesterday doing the exact same thing you described, the lunge forward. Our babies aren't so much babies anymore Hope he seems fine today and you don't have to go to the doctor.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 16th, 2013, 07:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
aubrey was on her boppy at 3 months old. she didn't know how to roll or anything. I went to make a bottle and came back to her on the tile floor face down. I scooped her up and she was fine. no crying, no bumps. I felt liek the worse mother ever. Accidents happen though. Hope he feels better!

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

March 16th, 2013, 08:20 AM
alicenwonderland's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to alicenwonderland
Hugs! Luckily babies are made of rubber. Cora has fallen off the bed twice but landed gracefully. Then the other day, my mom was babysitting and left her on the couch. She landed on her face and bled everywhere. My mom called me in a panic (DH was in surgery). She has a fat lip, but seems fine. scary every time.

March 16th, 2013, 08:21 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
Ava face planted from sitting position in the tub full of water yesterday. She reached too far for a toy while I was stepping like 4' away to grab a towel.

We're all crappy parents.
March 16th, 2013, 08:46 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
Bathtub face plant for us too, resulting in a bump on his head and a face full of water.

Hope Paxton is A-OK today.

Thanks, *Kiliki*, for the perfect siggy!

Click here to read Jack's baby journal.
March 16th, 2013, 08:47 AM
Mom to Madeline
Accidents happen. It's just a matter of time before it does. I would take him in today as a precaution, though. I'm sure he's fine...but it'll make you feel better.
March 16th, 2013, 09:03 AM
I'm so glad I posted. I feel so much better! Thanks gals!
afwifey09, Mom2JDub and Cylence like this.

March 16th, 2013, 10:27 AM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
AWww man. It's happened to me so many times. Especially with my bigger babies who have started moving early before they have better judgement.

March 16th, 2013, 10:51 AM
Super Mommy
Aww sweetie, they all fall and most are not hurt much at all. You're a great mommy!

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 16th, 2013, 11:02 AM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Accidents happen... I was holding Micah and actually hit his head on a doorway a couple months ago. Talk about bad mommy. I obviously didn't mean too and I actually cried myself I felt so bad. Don't worry it doesn't change the fact that you are a great mommy
March 16th, 2013, 11:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
awww Missa its ok. Tuckr has fallen off the bed a few times :/ one night he somehow climbed over me (totally strange since i am a light sleeper) and toppled off. he fell off the couch when he was just a month or 2 old. he didnt even know how to roll or anything yet. accidents happen and they are going to happen
you are an INCREDIBLE mother!!! no one can fault you at all!!! i wouldnt worry!!!
He didnt get seriously hurt at all and even if he did babies fall. im sure all our little ones are going to take a dive or a digger at one point in time! someone is going to fall down the stairs, someone is going to roll off the bed, someone is going to fall off a chair, or bang their heads trying to stand up on something, its ok!!!
kdis will be kids. its just going to get worse lol especially our boys jeez louise they are gonna give there mamas a heart attack!!!

its ok Missa.

Dont ever be afraid to come here and tell us anything!!! you know none of us will judge you! we are all mamas!!! We will all support you!!!
we love you Missa!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

March 16th, 2013, 01:14 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Everyone's already said it Missa but I'm sure we all know that all of us in this DDC try our best 100% of the time - there are so many variables in life that a small percentage of that time, those heart-in-mouth moments happen.

I'm sure he's fine because children are generally hardy! Take him to the doc if you're not sure, and the doc will probably say the same. When Daniel was less than a year old (something like 10 months, I can't remember) he was in his buggy with the brakes on right beside me outside the front door. I let go of the buggy as I locked the door. We lived in a terraced house set up from the road which had stone steps down to the pavement. When I turned round the buggy had (silently) rolled to the edge of the steps and was in the act of toppling forwards (face first) down them. I couldn't catch it. It landed face down at the bottom. I had that exact same feeling as you. For that first second Daniel didn't cry and honestly I thought something dreadful had happened. It was like being in a movie on slow motion or something as I pulled that buggy up as fast as I could and got the rain cover off and scooped him out. He was crying by then. He had a very nasty graze and a bit of a bump on his forehead. I took him to children's A&E because he wouldn't stop crying. I felt like the worst mother in the world, but investigating afterwards (brake still on as it had been from the get-go) showed the brake mechanism either had never worked right and we'd never noticed before that day, or failed that day, because the wheels still had some (restricted) movement - or Daniel had lurched/reached forward for some reason and it was enough to cause the buggy to inch forward and topple. However, the rain cover saved him from the worst (thank goodness it was a rainy day). The hospital doctors brushed it off like it was something they saw every day...because it was...that sort of thing, accidents like it. He was fine though maybe a little shocked. They told me I'd better get used to it (I was very, very shaken up) because a boy growing up would get into worse scrapes than this. I still feel bad about it to this day though and am maybe over-cautious with a lot of things since then - I figure that's natural though.

March 16th, 2013, 05:46 PM
2pinks&ablue's Avatar Chantelle
With four kids, I've been there more times than I can count! You're a great mommy!
March 16th, 2013, 05:59 PM
ufmelissa824's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh yeah, this kind of stuff happens all the time. Emily hasn't fallen from any distance but has fallen backward from sitting a few times and conked her head on the hardwood floor.

And the other day she was dead asleep, napping in the middle of our king size bed and I went to the bathroom and when I came out, she'd woken up and managed to roll and lunge forward almost to the edge. Now everytime I get up, I put a pillow down as a barricade. I don't know that it would do much good though, she'd probably just go over it. It's scary how mobile they're all getting

March 16th, 2013, 06:05 PM
Both of my other kids have fallen too. I don't remember much about Harper's spills but Doc fell off of the changing table, the couch and my SIL's bed. The one that really sticks in my mind was when he was a toddler he was running and tripped and hit his head pn the ottoman. The corner caught him right between the eyes. Maybe because it's been so long since I've had a baby try to fly or maybe because of the way he landed or maybe a bit of both is why I lost it so badly. I posted a few pics on FB of him in his new high chair and you can see the rug burn on his nose. It looks worse than that now as it is still in the process of scabbing over. :-( But otherwise he seems fine.

March 16th, 2013, 06:09 PM
gumonyershoe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to gumonyershoe Send a message via MSN to gumonyershoe Send a message via Yahoo to gumonyershoe
oh my gosh! I'd be so scared. I'm glad he's ok.

Thank you Vicki... for my awesome siggy!
March 16th, 2013, 08:28 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Aw, that's scary with the nose bleed.

Theo lunged and fell off of the couch last week his fall was broken by banging his head on the coffee table. Poor thing. He wasn't much fazed by it though.
March 17th, 2013, 04:50 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Aww love I can't say anything the other ladies haven't said. You're a wonderful mama xx

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (5), Mianna (4) and Harper (2), WTTC our first together, in 2015.
March 17th, 2013, 07:38 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So glad he's fine. You're a fantastic Mommy. It happens.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search