MIA ladies and lurkers, come on out wherever you are!

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree14Likes
  • 4 Post By bettyearl
  • 2 Post By Landyn'sMama
  • 1 Post By karenwalter
  • 1 Post By Repti.Mom
  • 2 Post By mommyto2littlegirlies
  • 2 Post By Calmdownlindsey
  • 2 Post By AmyT

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 08:58 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have been wondering about some of the ladies that used to post here. Are you still here lurking? Let us know, we would love to hear from you, and there is a facebook group as well which we would love you to join. A few I remember off the top of my head are:

Mrs Crystal K
Bettyearl - Beth
Bobb - Vera
LuxRain - Sarah
Moldovandish
Innocent Devil - Monica?
Morethanamom4 - Krissy
Lyz

I know there are more, but my memory isn't too good

So ladies, please if you're reading, pop on just for a moment and let us know how you're doing!

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 19th, 2013, 10:01 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great thread! I would love to hear from our MIA mommies as well as any lurkers!!

March 19th, 2013, 11:43 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Dito! It would be great to hear from you all!

March 19th, 2013, 01:22 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I was mostly lurking, but recently have started posting again. I would love to have an update on these ladies too!

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 19th, 2013, 06:21 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Don't forget Danielle, momma_d! COME OUT LADIES!!!

March 19th, 2013, 09:46 PM
bettyearl's Avatar Beth, mom to 4 boys
Hi!

We are doing well, I don't get on even to lurk very often, though might do better staying in touch if somebody wanted to pm me with how to find the fb group.

Isaac will be 6 months on Thursday!!! Still not sitting up here or all that interested in doing it. Anyone else still in this boat? I don't think it's a real delay, just one of those personal developmental styles type things. He is doing well with his hands and passing things from one hand to the other and reaching across his body. He favors his left hand fairly often....?? Anyone with an older child as a lefty remember how early you could tell?

Our house nears completion (ha, yeah it wasn't done before the baby was born...) and we should be done done in about a month. It is getting exciting, though I am not quite to that "I feel like it's time to pack now" feeling. Probably after Easter I'll get serious about it.

Doing a combined bday party for my two older boys this week - Harry Potter theme. It's going to be a blast! Making like 40 wands and chocolate frogs in preparation for it tonight.

On that note... I've got to go. I'd love to see an update from the regulars too!
March 20th, 2013, 10:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I lurk here every once in a while. My son, Cash, was born Sep 25, so I tend to lurk between here and the Oct. playroom.

He's doing well. At our last check(at 4 months) he was 21.5 lbs and i believe 23 inches. Our 6 month appointment isnt for another 3 weeks or so, I'm interested to see how big he's gotten! He is doing well, we just moved to stage 2 solids and he's in love with all of the different food combinations. He's trying hard to sit up. If I sit him down he will put his hands on the floor or his legs and hold himself up, but not for very long. He eventually wobbles his way to the floor. Still no teeth, but actively teething. I've been freezing washcloths with a little bit of applesauce in them and he loves it! It's a bit messy, but it really helps his teeth. He is a complete man's man. lol. He loves his dad and older brother and prefers playing with them over me. But of course when it's feeding time, sleep time, or just love time.. he wants mama.

Just curious... Any babies reaching out for people?? Cash is not and it seems odd to me. he will lean toward people when they put their hands out for him, but he won't reach for them.

Glad to see everyone is well! <3

March 20th, 2013, 11:24 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bettyearl View Post

Isaac will be 6 months on Thursday!!! Still not sitting up here or all that interested in doing it. Anyone else still in this boat? I don't think it's a real delay, just one of those personal developmental styles type things. He is doing well with his hands and passing things from one hand to the other and reaching across his body. He favors his left hand fairly often....?? Anyone with an older child as a lefty remember how early you could tell?
Owen just started shooting this week and he wad born Aug 15th so don't feel like Isaac it's behind! I'm sure it will be soon.

I think my older DS is a righty, but I was sure he was going to be a lefty because he always used his left hand a a baby. He still does occasionally but at 3 is starting to color and write with his right hand only. They say you won't really know until they're 5, but I do think you can tell before that. It will be interesting to see what Isaac does!
aquariussweety21 likes this.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 20th, 2013, 03:11 PM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Weston just started rolling over consistently like last week, so he's not ready to sit yet either. It would be helpful if he was any kind of happy being on the floor for a period of time. I'm pretty sure average is 8 months.
aquariussweety21 likes this.

March 21st, 2013, 03:24 AM
curlygirl77's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks for the updates ladies! Bumping for anyone else who might be lurking

My beautiful siggy was made by *bokkechick*

March 22nd, 2013, 09:34 AM
Veteran
I've been reading but not posting for a while

My David was born Sept 2 and he has brought such joy to our family. He's now sitting up on his own and can reach for toys and pass them from one hand to the next. At his 6 month check-up he was 23 pounds and 28 inches. He can fit in some 9 month clothes but is now mostly in 12 months. He's a little chunk. He sleeps very well at night but just started daycare this week (has been with Grandma ) and is having lots of trouble with nap time. It's breaking my heart leaving him there everyday. I'm trying to focus on the positives but right now it's just so hard. I'm lucky it's 10 mins away so I'm going by on my lunch hour and visiting with him. That helps.

Other than that we're still trying to get a handle on having 3 kiddos. My hubby works late some nights so its hard doing homework, dinner, baths, and David duty all alone, but I'm doing the best I can.

It's nice to be back!
March 24th, 2013, 02:48 PM
Veteran
I'm waaay MIA... I probably take a peek around every couple of weeks

My guy is doing great and is huge- 30 inches at his 6 month appointment and wearing 12-18 month clothes. And to think I thought my chicco keyfit was gonna last a year. Switched him to a True Fit, and he loves it, although I do miss being able to get him all bundled in the warm house before getting him in the car.

Starting to sit up well and looooves solid food- especially avocado!

Withdrawing back into the occasional lurked shadows...
March 25th, 2013, 08:41 PM
Super Mommy
MIA here too. I peek in every few weeks, but we've stayed busy. Gavin turned six months on the 12th, and he's doing great. 18 lbs, I forget how many inches but the doctor always comments on how long he is. He shocked us all by starting to crawl at the beginning of the month (about 5.5 months), especially considering he could only sit up for a few seconds at a time. Today he started pushing himself into sitting. I'm both impressed (DD2 never crawled at all) and horrified! I was not expecting to have to babyproof again so soon! My girls are really amazing big sisters, and aside from just being busy, things are great!
March 26th, 2013, 08:28 PM
AmyT's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It's been awhile for me as well. Life got crazy and my 5 yo dropped my laptop and broke the part where you charge it up. Sooo, I've been using DH's computer, and it's hard to remember to check in when I don't have a shortcut on the home page Abigail (who will be 7 months next week) has FINALLY started bulking up a bit. She was only in the 5% at 4 months but unfortunately my milk completely dried up (I still was pumping several times a day and only getting 1/2 oz a DAY) and I did that for a month straight before I finally gave in and went 100% formula. By 6 months she weighed in at 16lb and 12 oz which was 65% She is in 6-9 month clothes or some 12 months because she is also 90% for height. She is the HAPPIEST baby EVER! We got her ears pierced a few weeks ago and she barely cried at all. She has decided that she is not a fan of food but LOVES her bottle - which she can now pick up and put in her mouth on her own. The stinker still hates tummy time and still will NOT roll over...either direction. When she is on her back she is happy and content when she is on her belly she just gets mad and puts her face down on the floor. She will sit on her changing table mat (because it is soft and cusiony) but she hasn't gotten the hang of it on the wood floors yet. I'm convinced this child is going to walk before she does all that other stuff. She can fully support her body weight just by holding my fingers for balance! She still LOVES her blankets and pulls it up over her face every chance she gets when she is sleepy. Oh yeah, and ALL of Abigails hair has fallen out except for one strip right down the middle of the top of her head (serious mohawk going on there ) It is just starting to come back in and it is bright orange in the sun. Looks like we will have our brunette, blonde, and redhead LOL I'm going to try to add a pic of her the day we got her ears pierced...and I'm going to try not to disappear again
Sorry for the quality these were off of my iPod:

One from a few days ago.

The day she got her ears pierced:

Last edited by AmyT; March 26th, 2013 at 08:37 PM.
March 28th, 2013, 11:27 AM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
I have a hard time posting in here on my phone. But I try and stop by every so often.
I'm not sure if this will work but here is our fb group
https://m.facebook.com/?refsrc=http%...ser=1812028776

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

March 28th, 2013, 11:32 AM
hotjai21's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to hotjai21
https://www.facebook.com/groups/107107929456593/

url=http://www.pregnology.com/pregnancy/03/01/2015][/url]Make a pregnancy ticker

March 28th, 2013, 01:30 PM
Regular
I am the biggest lurker ever! I read constantly and never post! Addie Grey is doing awesome!! She sits well on her own, has been rolling for what feels like forever, cut her first tooth this week, and is the happiest baby ever. She has brought so much joy to our lives!!! But, being a full time working mommy of 3 is no joke! Especially because the one thing Addie Grey does NOT do is sleep! Ha! :-)
March 31st, 2013, 10:22 PM
OatmealKisses's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ayla is sneaking up on 7 months, not sitting completely unassisted. God, her brother was pulling himself up on furniture during his 7th month. She is very intent on using her hands to do everything besides hold her bottle She is VERY happy and loud (a screamer when excited). She loves giving you these sideways looks. You almost looks through you. It's sooo cute. I just wish I had 10 of her. She's such a little sweetheart.

Angel Baby gone at 9 weeks, 7/8/13

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search