Feeding choices

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MosaicWife
  • 2 Post By Jenn1320

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 19th, 2013, 04:29 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Why do I keep getting these horrified faces from people when they find out I'm not feeding Paxton baby food? I mean seriously shocked and horrified faces. Does my 19 pound child look like he's starving to you guys? We waited until he showed signs of wanting solids and now give him bites of everything and he loooooooves food but he is still primarily breastfed and I don't spoon feed him Gerber jar food. Is that so horrible?
mama4life likes this.

March 19th, 2013, 04:50 PM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
My mom thinks its the coolest thing ever. DH's family, not so much. His mom has bought us a few jars of food...which are sitting in the cupboard unopened as he hates purees and the such. Smile and nod and carry on. When people ask what Cam has eaten, I rattle off a bunch of stuff but don't mention it isn't from a jar. Its really none of their business how you feed your child.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 19th, 2013, 05:16 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
Hey, I'm doing the same thing. No one ever asks me, so I don't really get any reactions. None of their business really. And you're doing a great job!

March 19th, 2013, 05:27 PM
1fabulousfem's Avatar Mommy to Finn + 1!
You are doing a great job and it isn't anyone's business what you do!
The one time I attempted to feed Finn jar food, he spit it in my face. LOL! Lesson learned.

March 19th, 2013, 06:16 PM
one.juniper's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to one.juniper
No we're in a similar boat, Oz barely eats solids and only wants stuff he can feed himself. I have gotten comments from people being like - you're still breastfeeding? Isn't he eating food?

Pinterest
Flickr
March 19th, 2013, 07:06 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Yeah, people seem surprised that Vincent isn't, especially given his size. He's gotta be nearing 25 lb now and nothin' but endless rolls on that kid! He has still only has the equivalent of half a banana since he started eating any food at all. He still has no teeth so he is just having fun gumming apple halves and big carrots for teething on. But he hardly consumes anything. I do think he is ready for more soon though. Isn't it all just mostly for fun in the first year anyway!? The advice now is so different from when we were babies.

March 19th, 2013, 07:28 PM
JesusisKing's Avatar Veteran
No that's not horrible.. Same thing here, and aj is close to 21 lbs. It neat and amazing how they can get everything they need from us!
March 19th, 2013, 08:08 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I lie to people. "Yes, she's eating tons of food! Yes, all the time!". None of their business.
MosaicWife and one.juniper like this.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

March 19th, 2013, 08:58 PM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
We do exactly what you're doing.

March 20th, 2013, 04:10 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Some people probably just don't know there are other routes to take that are equally good or better, Missa. Xxx.

March 20th, 2013, 06:20 AM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
It's nice to know I'm not the only one. I didn't think I was doing something wrong and it takes a lot to offend me but that surprised look followed by, "Really?!" makes me want to punch a wall. And I have to lie to the pedi or else I get "The Face" and a lecture. That man can kick rocks. Paxton loves our food. He dives for it. So clearly sitting him down three times a day and spoon feeding him to get him used to textures as recommended by the pedi is a bunch of bolagna.

March 20th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
Pippa shows an interest in our food but will not eat baby food at all. Her pediatrician actually told us that it doesn't matter how much she actually consumes at this point if she is still nursing. She said she will eat when she is ready and to just let her have what she sees an interest in. She is the one who suggested BLW to me.

Last night we went out to dinner, and she ate shredded cheese that she picked up and fed herself. She dipped her fingers in ranch and licked it off. She also ate butter and bits of soft bread. A lot of it she just chews and spits out. I just have to be careful that she doesn't jam the food in with her finger, which she likes to do.

March 20th, 2013, 12:37 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
I don't give Taryn much either. She'll eat it, no problem, she is just always full after her formula, so I don't force it on her. Apparently, I'm wrong & starving my kid. *shrugs*
March 20th, 2013, 05:09 PM
magz88's Avatar First Time Mum
Theo only eats a couple of bites of food a day. I don't see the point in forcing him to eat solids. Rich bought him a few jars of food and I offered Theo some to be nice but Rich 'gets' that we are just gonna let Theo decide.

His Uncle thinks Theo should be eating 3-course meals by now. Whatever.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search