crib checks

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 20th, 2013, 08:39 PM
aislin22's Avatar Regular
Hi everyone! I am curious about a few things here....

Does anyone still check on their LO at night to make sure they are still breathing or ok?

Do you put a small lovey (stuffed animal) in the crib?

Do you use a crib bumper?

Maybe I'm so curious about all this because this is my first go at motherhood. I don't know if I am crazy because I have to keep checking on her before I go to bed lol. I heard crib bumpers are really bad but do I still need to worry now that she is almost 7 months old?

March 20th, 2013, 08:55 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hi :-)

I check Mason a couple times right before I go to bed and then if I get up at all during the night, but i do not set alarms to check him anymore. I used to when he was younger tho lol

He has a small stuffed animal in there but its at his feet.

He does have mesh/breathable bumpers.

He also has a crocheted blanket. I know spme people say not to put them in but i figure its better than a regular one and he doesnt pull it near his face often. It gets cold in our room at night cuz all our house has is a wood stove

March 20th, 2013, 11:02 PM
smashley8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes I still check Remy all the time, but he is not 6 months yet and for some reason I feel like that is a magical number for crib safety! I'll probably still check him after 6 months too though, out of habit.

He has a lovey but he doesn't use it yet. During naps, I give him a breathable muslin blanket and he usually likes to pull it up over his eyes. I know this would freak some people out, but I check him way more during naps and once he's fast asleep, I pull it back so there's no issue. He also sleeps on his lambie, it is a sheepskin for babies. It wouldn't bother me to let her have a lovey in the crib.

Remy also has breathable bumpers. I didn't think it would look good but surprisingly they are cute! We got ours at Target!

March 21st, 2013, 05:23 AM
DaniM0820's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I only check on Jordan when he sleeps all night and doesn't wake by he time I leave for work. Usually he wakes 1-2 times to feed overnight so usually I don't bother him.

He has a giraffe in his crib and that keeps him occupied if he doesn't fall asleep right away or for when he wakes up in the morning and isn't quite ready to scream for DH :-P

And we also use a mesh bumper. Jordan neve puts his face against the rails but he is moving around more upon waking, so it really gives me peace of mind. We were given a regula bumper too and I'm not sure if or when I'd use it.

March 21st, 2013, 06:25 AM
2Reasons2Smile's Avatar Love my little family <3
I check her before going to bed.

She does have a lovey but its at the top of her crib away from her. Its more there for when she wakes in the morning to "talk" too.

No bumpers she is baby #3 and I have never used them.

I still check on my 3 and 4.5 year olds before I goto bed too.
March 21st, 2013, 07:15 AM
Starstrydergrrl's Avatar Super Mommy
I check before going to bed but she is still on the motion pad and probably will be until at least one. I know it would seem a bit paranoid to many people but I can't begin to explain the sense of security I feel with it.

March 21st, 2013, 07:39 AM
Blessed Mommy Of 5's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
We still co-sleep

March 21st, 2013, 08:05 AM
Repti.Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have regular bumpers on there, because he was rolling over and sticking his legs through the slots and getting stuck lol

He's got a giraffe attached to a small blanket. He chews on the horns of the thing so I just leave it.

I don't check on him mostly because he still wakes once per 'night'.

March 21st, 2013, 09:08 AM
lovemyleah's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I check on him before bed, but he still sleeps in a Rock and Play in my living room. Hence, he wakes 2-4 times a night. So, no need to check on him throughout the night, and no need to wake him at all in the night, he does that on his own. We haven't used the crib yet, but I don't have bumpers. I did with my daughter later on because she would get her legs stuck and bump her head. Not sure yet what I will do about him... He's my challenge.

March 21st, 2013, 09:53 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Owen sleeps in a crib in his own room. I never check on him...am I a bad mom?!? lol. He doesn't sleep through the night though so I usually see him once or twice a night. But, I never checked in my older DS either for fear if waking him up!

He had a lovey that he sleeps with. He's very attached to it.

He has a regular bummer on his crib, but he doesn't move all that much at night yet.

I don't even have a baby monitor on anymore, since he cries plenty loud for me to hear him even with the doors shut

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

March 21st, 2013, 10:06 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i still check on my 9 yr old son, he has asthma and it's been a rough road, so i make sure he's not wheezing.

March 21st, 2013, 11:17 AM
jojo2bee's Avatar Matthew's Mommy!
I check on Matthew lots still. Plus I have a video/audio monitor and a movement monitor. I like to be extra sure lol

I have a womb bear in his crib to, it attaches to the rails up higher so im not to concerned with it. He also has his blanky and ive had no issues with it.

I do have a bumper in his crib. He likes to roll around a lot not and I feel better with the bumper to he dosent get stuck in the rails or bonk his head. Its only been the past maybe 2 weeks now that he moves around in his crib.

March 21st, 2013, 01:45 PM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Does anyone still check on their LO at night to make sure they are still breathing or ok? I check all bedrooms before I go to bed

Do you put a small lovey (stuffed animal) in the crib? Lincoln has a small stuffed frog in his crb

Do you use a crib bumper? yes a breathable mesh one

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 2/19/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

March 22nd, 2013, 12:53 PM
RunningMommyTo5's Avatar Marathoning Mom to 4!
All the kids' bedtimes, including Bailey is 7:30, so I'll check on all of them before I go to bed. If I wake up to go to the restroom or something, then I may pop my head in and check on her again.

She does have a couple of stuffed animals she plays with in there.

We do use a regular bumper.

I also cover her legs up with a crocheted blanket!
*~*~ Katie; Mommy to 3 fun-loving boys, one sweet little baby girl, and #5 on the way! *~*~

March 24th, 2013, 08:38 AM
aislin22's Avatar Regular
Thanks everyone for responding! Sorry it took me a while to get back, I have had a few days where I didn't have time to respond. (You all know how that goes)

I have such high anxiety when Olivia is sleeping. I have heard such horror stories that make me scared for my little girl especially when I can't see her. I think this started when she was about 3 months old and would only sleep in her car seat. I didn't buckle her in one time and put the car seat in her crib for a nap. She has a blanket over her and was completely asleep. A few minutes later she whimpered a little on the monitor and I went to go check on her and she was face down half out of the car seat with the blanket wrapped around her face.

I guess Olivia LOVES to scare me in her crib lol. Then there was the vomiting story a couple weeks ago. wow.

Currently I have her in a sleep sack over her pajamas. no more blankets. She has a lovey she is attached to, a stuffed yellow duck we named Mr. Quackers. she cuddles it sometimes but I usually put it on the other side of the crib for her to play with when she gets up.

I do have regular bumpers on there too.

I also will check on her numerous times (DH laughs at me because I check on her way too often)

and karenwalter, NO you are not a bad mom! I wish so much I could just relax when she is sleeping.

Blessed Mommy of 5, is there a thread about co sleeping? I am curious about it. I was way too scared I would smoosh Olivia so we didn't try it. did you co sleep with all your children?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search