RLS

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Carwen*Angel

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2013, 08:12 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Okay this might be absolutely absurd but I'm going to ask anyhow... Is it possible for a baby to have restless leg syndrome?? I've noticed that Summer is ALWAYS moving her legs and at night I *think* that might be something that's waking her up. Because when I pick her up from crying and sort of rock her in my arms her legs are always moving in like a bouncing motion (like as if she was in her jumper bouncing) Also, sometimes when I lay her down that's the first thing she starts to do is move her legs. Is this just a baby thing? Or something to talk to the ped about?

March 22nd, 2013, 08:24 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I would be inclined to think,just a baby thing,but it can't hurt to ask. It could be something more than that,but I am not sure what could be done for it. I have been tempted on more. Than one occasion to give calms forte to Vincent to see if it would help him relax,but I can't find anything online giving me the ok to give it to a baby. I guess it's possible that an essential oil or her could help if it was RLS...
Have you googled it?

March 22nd, 2013, 08:36 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I haven't googled yet LOL... I resort to google after here because I know how scary google can be. LMBO

I've thought about getting some lavender oil because I heard you can put it on your chest so when baby nurses they are inhaling it and can (possibly) help with sleep.

March 22nd, 2013, 10:30 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Interesting about the lavender! I have been hearing of a lot of people switching our their medicine cabinets for essential oils, so who knows! I would love to give it a try, but they are so pricey, I would need a near guarantee. I tried some for my HG, and sometimes, I think they helped me keep stuff down a little longer, which is better than it coming straight back up, I suppose.

Let us know what you find on the topic...

March 22nd, 2013, 10:41 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I know that RLS in infants CAN be a sign of iron deficiency. BUT don't run with this and freak out. Its just one of many signs. I was googling it before too because I wondered the same thing about a month ago.

It could also be growing pains rather than RLS. Its much more likely to be that. She will outgrow it once the growth spurt is done (this time at least ). Hope that helps!

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 22nd, 2013, 12:00 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
Most babies squirm a lot especially when overtired. Paxton tosses his head when he's exhausted. When he first started doing it I was scared something was wrong with him. Of course there is nothing wrong with checking with your doc. Can you wrap her legs up in a blanket? I know they make swaddle blankets for bigger babies. Would she like that?

March 22nd, 2013, 01:01 PM
Mega Super Mommy
No advice, but I sure hope Summer feels better so you both can get a good nights sleep

Thank you Vicki for my wonderful siggy.

March 23rd, 2013, 02:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Michaela squirms a lot too and messes up her blanket, but I thought it was just a baby thing really since Daniel did it too. I don't think it's anything to worry about, but I agree, it can't hurt to ask when you're next at the pedi - might as well explore all the possibilities!

I can vouch for lavender oil. It helps Michaela when she's overtired. I usually drop a couple of spots on her bedding a while before she goes to bed so it doesn't actually touch her skin.
aubers68 likes this.

March 23rd, 2013, 05:50 PM
Cylence's Avatar I'm a Toys 'R Us kid
No advice on the RLS, but I use lavender lotion before bed too. Not always, but on nights that she seems to be more awake than she needs to be. Works great lol

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search