Still clogged

Forum: July, August & September 2012 Playroom

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree6Likes

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To July, August & September 2012 Playroom LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 24th, 2013, 11:49 PM
MosaicWife's Avatar Missa
I've been trying not to complain but I'm losing my mind. I got my first plugged duct a couple of months ago. Paxton nursed it out, no problem. A few weeks later I got another one. Nursed it out. When he got sick last month I got a bunch but managed to get rid of them and started taking Soy Lecithin four times a day. that seemed to help. The day before yesterday I felt it again. Thought we nursed it out but I went too long between feedings today and clogged right back up in the same spots and have not been able to get it to budge. In my efforts I neglected the other boob and got a bad clog in that side. So now it's 1:45 in the morning and I'm sitting here in so much pain amd calling the doctor first thing in the morning. I don't think it's Mastitis yet but this is not just one little spot, it's what I believe is called a caked breast in both breasts. I'm beyond stressed out and have been crying for hours. This was the ONLY part of having another baby that I was genuinely looking forward to. I had such a lovely nursing relationship with Harper and no issues whatsoever. With Paxton it's been a struggle since day one. And he's still EBF so I'm also scared about what this will do to my supply and how it will affect him. I'm lost and scared.

March 25th, 2013, 12:57 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
I am sooo sorry, I know how frustrating they are. Massage massage massage. Hot shower & hot compresses. Which I'm sure you're doing. Has a milk blister formed on your nipple yet? I've had 3 clogged ducts. The last 2 formed a milk blister and as soon as I popped those, I had instant relief. The second clog/first blister was the worst and I felt it pop & unclog when she was nursing.
Mountain~Mama likes this.

March 25th, 2013, 04:51 AM
HippieLove's Avatar Modern Day Brady Bunch
Send a message via MSN to HippieLove
Oh no I ditto Allyssa, HUGS

Emma, girlfriend of Loz, future step-mama to J (15) and K (10), Mama to Jaelah (8), Oliver (6), Mianna (4) and Harper (2),

March 25th, 2013, 05:21 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
The worst, most painful blocked duct resulted in a milk blister too. And Allyssa's right as soon as I popped it the milk literally GUSHED out. I sure hope you are feeling better soon. Also, just a thought.. Evening Primrose Oil is good to get rid of and prevent blocked ducts in the future.

March 25th, 2013, 06:23 AM
Jessimaaka's Avatar Pink in a house of Blue
I have no advice, just wanted to say I hope this passes for you soon.

Jess
DS1: Cameron 8/12/2012
DS2: Levi 3/30/2014
March 25th, 2013, 06:27 AM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man I was going to suggest the soy lecithin to keep your milk from being so thick but you're already doing that! Are you taking it all the time or just when you're clogged?

March 25th, 2013, 07:08 AM
Super Mommy
No advice but *hugs* sweetie. I hope it goes away soon.

Thanks Lucy S for my siggy
March 25th, 2013, 11:20 AM
Sherry777's Avatar Blessed Mommy
I'm so sorry. I have had a milk blister before but not a clogged duct. When Pippa was sleeping more at night, I never let my supply adjust naturally. Instead I pumped every 2-3 hours around the clock.

Is it any better yet?

March 25th, 2013, 12:29 PM
Blessed.Life's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have had a few and i am sure you have tried this already but position his chin where the clog is... Sometimes you have to get a little creative with the hold and use pillows but it has worked pretty well for me. My pump has also help along with HOT showers and baths. I hope it clears up for you soon, it is soooo painful
March 25th, 2013, 01:20 PM
I just tried pumping for the first time in years. I remember why I hated it. It's so unnatural. And surprise, it didn't work. Every time I tried to massage it down it would mess up the suction. I have a golf ball in my right boob and my left it's like two strings of pearls. The doctor blew me off. I'm nursing and nursing and it's not budging!!!!

March 25th, 2013, 01:33 PM
LadyCoconut's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would nurse, then soak my breast in a bowl of hot water while massaging, then pump at a high suction for 20-30 minutes... Long past I would stop getting anything out. Then I would check for a milk blister or anything I could remove and then latch baby again. It didn't always work the first time but that's how I operate when I have a clogged duct.

March 25th, 2013, 04:03 PM
What does a milk blister look like? I have a doohicky bump (the normal bumps you get when pregnant or breastfeeding) right where the clog is but it's not painful. Probably not the culprit? I take the SL every day. I started last month and take it four times a day. I did slack a bit and got a small clog that I resolved quickly and started taking it again. Apparently it didn't helpthis time.

March 26th, 2013, 02:00 AM
AllyssaM's Avatar Emmersyns Mommah
For me, it was on my nipple in the area of my clog. It was white.

March 26th, 2013, 06:53 AM
Left boob unclogged! Happened in the middle of the night! Oh my god, I'm so happy! Unfortunately, I still have a golfball in my right boob. Already started on it this morning. Please please please go away!

March 26th, 2013, 07:42 AM
afwifey09's Avatar proud momma to Ava Kay
I just wanna give you huge hugs, your poor boobs sound exactly like mine did when I wussed out. They were full of clogged ducts that sound exactly like yours.
March 26th, 2013, 07:55 AM
Mom2JDub's Avatar (formerly junie22)
I've had clogged ducts a few times, and they hurt like a *****. Each time, Jack was able to help me out. I didn't find pumping to be helpful at all, but hand expressing definitely aided in breaking them down (I guess the massaging it out kind of thing). I would start with my pump to get it flowing and then hand express as much as possible.The largest I ever had, though, was quarter-sized.

Hope you get rid of that golf ball soon.

March 26th, 2013, 09:07 AM
aubers68's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hoping things are better!!

March 26th, 2013, 01:11 PM
Getting there. Left one seems to still be a little stopped up on the outside so I'm thinking he got most of it but not all. I've been doing the football hold on the right side and that seems to be doing the trick. Golfball is still there but the clogged part at my nipple is a lot softer so I think it's coming out. Just have to keep it up. So frustrating.

March 26th, 2013, 08:59 PM
Jenn1320's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Soooo frustrating! Had my first clogged duct and also mastitis (!) with Owen. I was really depressed and OBSESSED with it all. Really put me in a funk about breastfeeding. Even after it cleared I worried about more. Even worry now with E.

Thank you Vicki for an beautiful siggy!

March 27th, 2013, 09:46 AM
It really is! I'm so discouraged and it's ruining our nursing relationship. Instead of enjoying that bonding time the whole time I'm massaging and crying and just praying he'll get it out. And so far it's not working. Plus I've been depressed and was just reading that taking Soy Lecithin can make you depressed. I feel so hopeless. Like it's never going to end. And I was so looking forward to this weekend. Friday is my niece's birthday party and Harper's birthday (they were born on the same day) and then Saturday is Harper's birthday party and Sunday is Easter. I'm so distracted and so depressed I can't see myself enjoying any of it. I haven't felt this way in years.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search